Page 1 of 2 1 2
#426741 16/11/10 12:15 AM
A
Air Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I LOVED Divinity 2. It was hands down the best rpg I have played. Much better than Oblivion. And then I started the expansion ...

What happened? Are we now reduced to running from A to B, if we even know where we are going ... And, when we DO get hints, its quite naturally, the MAXIMUM distance availiable every single time?

Oh, how quickly the tides turn. I've had to take out my swords twice, and I have been running around for hours looking for crap ...

What did you people do?

DIV2 ruled, and still does. Expansion is one of the worst addons I have yet to see! Let me fight! Don't ask me to run around like Lara Croft to solve shitty riddles!

My two cents, as they may be

Air

stranger
stranger
I really liked this addon. Ahh I just love a happy ending! laugh
I think I prefered it to some of the terrible expansions Bioware put out for DA. frown

veteran
veteran
There are non-plot dungeons in the pig pen in Mardaneus Square, and near the memorial for the dead champion in the Great Market.

If you really want things to get moving fast though, do the Prancing Seahorse quest, that will unlock the way to Crow's Nest. Lots of combat in there.

I really loved the re-mastered first part of the game, but I am getting a little bored with the add-on.
I want to be able to go adventuring. This popping in one house after another, receiving quests that involve popping into some more houses is getting a little tiresome, so much so I find myself rushing to get to the ending.

D2ED + More D2ED + A happy ending = A winner
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
I'm only half through ego draconis, but I was happy to know it wouldn't end with it. But ouch, this sounds bad. I love how in this game I don't need to talk 30 minutes between fights like in dragon age, and I hope it's not as bad as OP says in FoV

Last edited by kaltorak; 16/11/10 10:34 AM.
There is a lot of talking in FoV but there is enough fighting mixed in I think, off course it is possible that you do a lot of the talking in a row without doing any fighting but that is for a big part entirely up to the player. Plus like Raze said, there are two dungeons with respawns that can offer you some instant hacker relief

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Respawns? That's great news! laugh

Originally Posted by kaltorak
I'm only half through ego draconis, but I was happy to know it wouldn't end with it. But ouch, this sounds bad. I love how in this game I don't need to talk 30 minutes between fights like in dragon age, and I hope it's not as bad as OP says in FoV

It's not the talking I mind, in fact I love the dialogue, it's the constant in and out of houses instead of out and about adventuring. I am suppose to be a mighty Dragon Knight, there to liberate the lands, not a Avon representative. smile

D2ED + More D2ED + A happy ending = A winner
apprentice
apprentice
I must disagree with all those who dislike the addon. Houses and their interior are so full of details, that I was almost shocked. Seriously, this is WAY better than in other RPGs, including my favorite Dragon Age.

I also noticed, that sound is a bit new and better voice-overs. This is a plus for sure, since I skipped all the dialogues in original due to awful voicing and mimics. Face animation still ugly, but at least not all characters speak with The Simpsons voices.

stranger
stranger
Oh monkeyman I know!! I am so pleased with this RPG....I definitely agree it outdoes DA in some areas, shocking I know!! Amazing this game isnt more widely reknown. The details in the houses is wonderful and the dialogues are clever and very funny and well acted.

G
journeyman
journeyman
G
Think it's a great mix. Love the detail and the interaction with the characters and there's plenty of fighting to do once you get yourself on the way. If you don't have a saved character to start with, the slower beginning really helps you get your armor/jewelry/potions up before you start out adventuring. Love it!

journeyman
journeyman
Two things i LOVED in DKS (ED part): The Battle Tower (makes you feel Leet indeed) and the transforming into a dragon and roam the skies. Being confined to Aleroth in FoV makes me one unhappy camper indeed. but i have not finished it yet so i wont say its completely shitty. One thing is for sure i do like this addon much less so far than the playthru i had on DKS

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Air
I LOVED Divinity 2. It was hands down the best rpg I have played. Much better than Oblivion. And then I started the expansion ...

What happened? Are we now reduced to running from A to B, if we even know where we are going ... And, when we DO get hints, its quite naturally, the MAXIMUM distance availiable every single time?

Oh, how quickly the tides turn. I've had to take out my swords twice, and I have been running around for hours looking for crap ...

What did you people do?

DIV2 ruled, and still does. Expansion is one of the worst addons I have yet to see! Let me fight! Don't ask me to run around like Lara Croft to solve shitty riddles!

My two cents, as they may be

Air

Then you need to give it a chance & except some quests I think you'll find that theres a lot more fighting to be done on FOV as you enemys now respawn

Last edited by Divine Avenger; 16/11/10 10:29 PM.
A
Air Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I am really ready and willing to give it another shot ...

I think maybe the problem for me is a bit more ... shall we say ... progression-oriented.
Like I said in the initial post, I get very easily bored with stuff when I get stuck, and when I get stuck for hours on end, I tend to just quit playing the game. I guess I am the ultimate casual gamer, and I only play if I have fun with it.

I realize that I was a bit categorical in that post, since it really IS a good game ... All be it more a to b to c, back to b, then c again before a this time around than the original. I have been up and down the "Lane" so many times now, looking for a missing vegetables and handles to pull, and I am nowhere close to even getting into "crows". Annoying! It may very well be just me missing obvious things, but I guess my point is that it shouldn't be as "hidden" as some of this stuff is.

That said, that I personally don't like it as well as the original is really not an indication that I'll feel that way for everyone. In fact, might be the exact opposite, as we all have our likes and dislikes.

I'll search the forum for some help on some of these quests, after I take a short break from the game, I guess.

Ty anyway, for all the input. Good to hear we all have different takes on it.

Air

Last edited by Air; 19/11/10 03:49 AM.
old hand
old hand
theres a thread for both on the forums so your in luck there

apprentice
apprentice
I love a game that offers both decent combat and puzzles to solve. the other nice thing is that there is re-spawning in the game. now that I have both parts of this game, I get the best of both!

apprentice
apprentice
I rather enjoyed the storytelling of the expansion, however my main disappointment was the serious lack of dragon form combat or even the ability to switch forms. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone when I say that the main attraction of this game is the ability to BE a dragon instead of killing one. In FoV I felt like a Dragon Knight in name only.

C
C
Interesting, Darien. To me, the dragon form is the only thing WRONG with the game. I'm not twelve so I really don't need the arcade-like dragon sequences. There's a reason I play crpgs instead of twitch games; I'm old smile

'nut
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by crpgnut
...I'm not twelve so I really don't need the arcade-like dragon sequences. There's a reason I play crpgs instead of twitch games...
My sentiment exactly. The very reason I have no "1st person shooter" games in my PC. The very reason I play with a mouse instead of with something you hold in both hands and press several buttons very fast. I thought there was just enough Dragon-form involvment here to fulfill the lore. I love it this way.

I'd like to close by quoting Bellegar's famous last rhyme:

"Cursed be the mother that bred thee!
The wench must have been a hell-spawned banshee!"
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by crpgnut
I'm not twelve so I really don't need the arcade-like dragon sequences.

I'm going to assume this was a poor choice of words rather than an insult. As for your point, different tastes I suppose. I'm not a fan of twitch games either, nor do I see the dragon combat as one. I've always found the aerial combat to be quite relaxing, myself. It's pretty hard to actually die so I find myself slowly flying around, reducing towers to rubble as I see fit.

It also played one very important role in Ego Draconis, to break up the monotony of simply fighting 4-10 ground enemies at once over and over again until a boss, and then repeating. FoV lacked that, but thankfully the excellent storytelling was enough to keep me from getting burnt out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard