Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
2 handed only gets raised 4% dmg 1st level while 1 hand and shield gets raised 7. shouldnt 2 handed get more damage increase since it is an offensive choice? also since you only have 1 weapon it loses out to the other styles because they get the benefits of item effects for 2 items so its damage should really be upped.

Of course h2h suffers even more from this. if attack effects (poison) stack however, then H2H might make up for it IF it had considerably increased attack speed by stacking those % on hit based damage effects.

and early on, im having a very hard time finding 2 handed weapons.

Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you. See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands... - Isaiah 49:15-16
enthusiast
enthusiast
As I understand it Two handed does get better, but I prefer dual wielding.

S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
is it enough to offset the item bonus advantage that other styles can get? id also like to hear from who are well into the game or have finished it.

Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you. See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands... - Isaiah 49:15-16
enthusiast
enthusiast

old hand
old hand
Scorpion Sword is probably best bet for 2-handed in ED. In FoV you can buy two very powerful 2-handed swords right away, Dragon Fang & Tooth of Abraxas (or whatever it's called).

I think with these weapons one should be on par with a dual-wielder.

M
addict
addict
M
Originally Posted by Gwenio

fougere post is too old, many things are not true anymore.

K
stranger
stranger
K
BTW,is BOW a 2-handed weapon?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by k1dslasd25asd4
BTW,is BOW a 2-handed weapon?

It takes two slots, but it is improved by Ranger Strength rather than Two-Handed skill.

K
stranger
stranger
K
I see,thank u

S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by melianos

fougere post is too old, many things are not true anymore.

what im most curious about is whether the part about INT being actually better for damage than STR even for melee types is still true because that tells me this game really needs balancing if that were indeed the case

apprentice
apprentice
Weapons:
2h swords-High Dps at level 40 ,2000 critical damage,Best weapon kind for a pure warrior Whirlwind+Thousand Strikes=Full HP try to enchant more Dps and Charms same
1h+shield=Is for tanks and begginers,Enchant/Charms defenses at lvl 40 on hard Nothing can kill you
2x1h(dual wield)=Have a great burst damage more stats+with skill have 0 reduction but is more with fun like Unarmed

apprentice
apprentice
I'm 2H with this playthrough and it's harder than back in ED with 1h+shield.
I put most of my points in 2/2 STR/INT and sometimes in Vitality...level 22 or 23 with only 380HP...is this ok for that level?

And 2H sword are a rare sight...i'm still with Arben's Sword from the Church in the Broken Valley village and running with the Annihilator set (except 1h axe), some scorpion, some Blood Echelon.

I'm kind of a glass cannon, lots of damage, poor survivability.

Do you put points in Vitality?

Gaming machine : Win7 Pro 64-bit | Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.7GHz | Sapphire HD 6950 @ 1536SPs | X-Fi Titanium HD | 6gb DDR2-800 | LG 23" LCD 1080p
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
i wanted to be a 2h fighter too but i really cant seem to find one early in the game (actually i wanted hand to hand but it's really looking useless for now). Glass cannon is the way i play my all my 2h weapon berserkers laugh

old hand
old hand
Hello SonOfCapiz my friend! grin

I found that two handed weapons were the strongest, my first character has what I believe to be the most powerful weapon in the game and it's two handed. Even after other playthroughs I never found a weapon as powerful, as you probably know, loot is randomly generated in Divinity II, so I don't know if I will ever find a weapon like it again. Sadly, what with Divinity II saves not working on TDKS for 360, I can't remember the specific damage it caused. I think it was more than 300. I think it only gets raised by 4% because it's stronger than one handed weapons to begin with.

And as you know - I love two handed weapons anyway, even if they weren't as powerful, I'd recommend using them still in Divinity II, in my opinion - they have better animations for them than for one handed weapons. Same goes for games like Two World, Dragon Age and Mount and Blade. I always think animations for two handed weapons in those games had more work on than the other weapons in those games.

veteran
veteran
I'm doing OK with 2-handed weapons, but in FoV I saw something which was definitely a bit annoying.

I purchased the Blade of the Beheader, 2-handed sword from the market square.

Blade of the Beheader
Melee Damage: 13-239
Magic Damage: 63-77
(Total Damage: 76-356)
+64 Hitpoints
+6 Conditioned Body
+7 Strength
1 Charm Slot
2 Enchantment Slots

Later on I found the goblin trader and saw the Blood Blade.

Blood Blade
Melee Damage: 24-213
Magic Damage: 53-65
(Total Damage: 77-278)
+10 to Strength
+10 to Melee Damage
+66 to Hitpoints
+6 to Critical Chance
+3 to Bleed (Passive Skill)
2 Charm Slots
2 Enchantment Slots

I accidentally purchased the Blood Blade before I realized it was a one-handed weapon. But look at those absurd stats! That's a one-handed weapon! It's nearly as powerful in damage as a two-handed weapon, and you can have TWO weapons there. It also has better bonuses. You can equip TWO of them. That's nuts.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Stabbey
I accidentally purchased the Blood Blade before I realized it was a one-handed weapon. But look at those absurd stats! That's a one-handed weapon! It's nearly as powerful in damage as a two-handed weapon, and you can have TWO weapons there. It also has better bonuses. You can equip TWO of them. That's nuts.

And with two swords +damage bonuses get added to both.

apprentice
apprentice
I say a 2H called the Dragon Blade or something like that in Aleroth. Bought it yesterday for like 35K gold...blade as sick stats!

It's a level 35 weapon but i'm only level 34 with like 215k XP debt due to mindread lol!

Gaming machine : Win7 Pro 64-bit | Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.7GHz | Sapphire HD 6950 @ 1536SPs | X-Fi Titanium HD | 6gb DDR2-800 | LG 23" LCD 1080p
S
stranger
stranger
S
There is no second thought that fighting styles are not balanced. I'm not even going to mention how ridiculous is trying to utilize unarmed and one-handed. 2h is leaning in that direction. While you can make good things happen with it, it's mostly sub-par to 2wield or ranged. Let's just compare 2h swords to bows since there won't be an issue of ench/charm slots there. You can max out battle fury (and while it looks great on 2wield) while a bow user has the awesome way of the ranger. That alone is 300% ahead in damage. Maybe you can try and go for thousand strikes, but even if you had the mana pool, you'd still be better off stunning and aoe-ing from distance. There are no classes here - a bow or magic user would not have less hp than a melee character does. I don't see how a swinging arc and a slight increase in range balances 2h swords as a weapon or playstyle.

S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Ho Demonic my friend! fancy seeing you here laugh

So its settled then, dks needs serious balancing. an editor wouldve been nice so we could tweak it ourselves. oh well, ive heard it becomes a bit too easy late game anyway so perhaps on another playthru ill go unarmed, balance be damned.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I never thought of that. I always thought it was a bit too easy. Yeah, unarmed on hard seems a good idea x)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard