Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#426925 16/11/10 05:03 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
As Lar already suggested somewhere Larian started to work on the next game. I know its probably too soon to reveal details, but could some nice guy from Larian (we know you all are very nice and helpfull cool ) at least hint what you are working on?

- full-fledged title Divinity III
- next add-on for Div2/DKS
- some smaller spin-off from Divinity universe
- completely new title unrelated to Divinity universe

I assume it will be again RPG. Hard to imagine you would work on... well, boxing arcade game for example. wink

apprentice
apprentice
I think Divinity II is now "complete" with FoV and now the DKS.

My guess would be Divinity III which i'd be a buyer on day 1!

Go Larian...need a candy now :P

Gaming machine : Win7 Pro 64-bit | Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.7GHz | Sapphire HD 6950 @ 1536SPs | X-Fi Titanium HD | 6gb DDR2-800 | LG 23" LCD 1080p
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Farflame
As Lar already suggested somewhere Larian started to work on the next game. I know its probably too soon to reveal details, but could some nice guy from Larian (we know you all are very nice and helpfull cool ) at least hint what you are working on?

Since I am not a nice guy, I will not reveal a thing hahaha
Seriously, no information is meant for public at the moment. Patience is a virtue. wink

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by lynn
Originally Posted by Farflame

Since I am not a nice guy, I will not reveal a thing hahaha
Seriously, no information is meant for public at the moment. Patience is a virtue. wink

Patience is a virtue. yeaaa but we no longer possess it xD groovy

old hand
old hand
Lynn's right - very little we can share at this moment though we did promise that we'll try to be much more open about it during development., For now what I can tell you are but rather generic things such that It's an action RPG, it's in the Divinity universe, it's different yet not so different, the concepts behind it are pretty cool with a few things in there that we think are quite innovative.

It's being made by the same team that brought you DKS, and the designer brief is that every single quest in there has to be a real choice. The engine won't be the same, we know what it will look like, the concept artworks look quite nice and I quite a appreciate the visual style, the story is quite different from what we did so far but interesting I think, the character development system on paper looks very cool and is again classless, combat looks like it should be fun and we're thinking of making it top-down again like the first game. The scope is open for the moment with the initial brief being that it should be a 20 hour RPG with the ability to add chunks of 10 hours to it depending on how the market evolves and if we can convince people to invest in letting us create more content.

stranger
stranger
I would buy Divinity III because I am having so much fun in Divinity II DKS. I did buy it from Steam and it looks like I got all the patches and improvments. So I would probably wait for Divinity III to be out for a bit before I made a purchas.

Last edited by Grimgard1; 16/11/10 05:56 PM. Reason: Typo

CPU E8400 Core-2 Duo, 8GB XMS2 System Ram, EVGA GTX 460 1GB DDR5, Win Vista 64
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Lar_q
Lynn's right - very little we can share at this moment though we did promise that we'll try to be much more open about it during development., For now what I can tell you are but rather generic things such that It's an action RPG, it's in the Divinity universe, it's different yet not so different, the concepts behind it are pretty cool with a few things in there that we think are quite innovative.

It's being made by the same team that brought you DKS, and the designer brief is that every single quest in there has to be a real choice. The engine won't be the same, we know what it will look like, the concept artworks look quite nice and I quite a appreciate the visual style, the story is quite different from what we did so far but interesting I think, the character development system on paper looks very cool and is again classless, combat looks like it should be fun and we're thinking of making it top-down again like the first game. The scope is open for the moment with the initial brief being that it should be a 20 hour RPG with the ability to add chunks of 10 hours to it depending on how the market evolves and if we can convince people to invest in letting us create more content.

I like what you wrote Lar_q except the "should be a 20 hour RPG..."
Make it 40 and I'll pre-order it on day 0 :P

But all in all, I look forward to any RPGs Larian Studios will release.

Keep up you excellent work guys!

Gaming machine : Win7 Pro 64-bit | Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.7GHz | Sapphire HD 6950 @ 1536SPs | X-Fi Titanium HD | 6gb DDR2-800 | LG 23" LCD 1080p
old hand
old hand
Well, ED started out as 25 hour RPG wink

old hand
old hand
It's in the Divinity universe? Good. I'm guessing it's not number III though! I never really liked Isometric games apart from NWN which allows you to adjust the camera in all ways. If the camera is good and you can zoom in, I wouldn't mind.

I look forward to hearing more about it. Keep up the good work. I hope more people see how good your games are.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Lar_q
It's an action RPG, it's in the Divinity universe, it's different yet not so different, the concepts behind it are pretty cool with a few things in there that we think are quite innovative. [....] it should be a 20 hour RPG with the ability to add chunks of 10 hours to it depending on how the market evolves and if we can convince people to invest in letting us create more content.

Based on that we can pretty much assume its not related to the Divinity 2 story (very unlikely they will add an expansion of 20+ hours). Whatever it is im looking forward to it as im also a sold customer to Larian now grin

apprentice
apprentice
Please Keep the graphycs,and the Character models :P I really like them :P And the original Divinity 2 Ego Draconis atmosphere,We Like to travel and explore,but in the Healer City...pfff frown Very little place

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Well, unfortunately I am a very vicious person. frown Will b able to fly??? Pretty please???

Can I get a couple of things in quick while we are a head? smile

Please allow the use of Fire Torches & later a Magic Light of sort. Magic Light to be scroll based so you could run out of them which would make you still have the need to keep some fire ones handy.

Please allow the use of Food & Water stat bars so being low on either can also make you weak and/or even kill you in time. More survival play is always welcome. smile

Many, many more dungeons, BiGGeR dungeons even if it takes hours to get from one end to another and the reverse journey is just as highly unpleasant as it was going in!! evil

Awesome you guys are working on another title!!! Best of Luck and Best Wishes!!!

Last edited by Dungeon Master; 16/11/10 07:40 PM.

Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC
apprentice
apprentice
Dunno about the survivability and food/drinks...

In Fallout NV it is more annoying than immersive.

I don't think it fits in the Divinity atmosphere/gameplay.

Bigger dungeons and Light spells/torches is great ideas!

M
addict
addict
M
At least we know you have something cooking for us laugh

But after the whole Dragon transformation, good luck on finding a more awesome idea.

J
stranger
stranger
J
My worry in making the game isometric is that you will be putting your game back into the "Diablo clone" sub-genre. Which means your game will be judged on how faithfully it reproduces Diablo's formula, much as the original DD was. This might be especially bad considering D3 is due out within the next year or two, so if your game is also isometric it will invite the inevitable comparisons to Diablo.

I like how ED did the 3rd person action game type camera. It allowed you to introduce some platform elements that were not at all annoying or frustrating, the action was more intense, and combat was more interactive. Isometric games become insane click fests and it seems like you are so far from the action all the time.

I'm not a big fan of food/water mechanic. I get annoyed by those in games. It's like a gameplay tax.

Forgive me, I love Dungeon Master and the amount of Food and Drink in Divinity II that could of been used in this way would of been interesting. Most of the time I just sell these stolen items on when deep down I would of liked to of used them more.

Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC
enthusiast
enthusiast
I have no problem with isometric view as long as you implement a good shortcut system on console (regardless of the viewpoint). There's nothing worse than having alot of active skills at your disposal only to be able to map only two or three of them at a time to shortcut buttons. Example being as a ranger type character I use a bow but also melee. having both melee and a ranged weapon mapped to my shortcuts in Divinity 2 I only have space for two more skills. This really restricts playstyle on a console by quite a large margin.

How I think it should be done:

A, B, X, Y used for actions/skills/spells

The left and right triggers used in conjunction with A, B, X, Y to bring up new shortcuts to skills/actions/spells/potions (example you can attack with your sword with A, and press left trigger and A to use a spell, or right trigger and A to use a potion, etc). This allows upto 12 skills/actions to be mapped to the face buttons alone.

On top of this you can map actions/skills/spells/potions to the D-pad aswell as the face buttons. You could potentially use the left and right triggers to shift the D-pad aswell to allow more utility to be mapped to it. This would allow upto 24 skills/actions/spells, etc to be mapped via shortcuts on the D-pad and face buttons, and it really could work quite easily.

The most important thing with the above is let us map what skills, etc we want to what buttons we prefer them to be on. Give the player the advantage of being able to organise what goes where for ease of use.

Interact with the game world on LB (picking up loot, talking to NPC's, etc).

Press Select to bring up a menu wheel (navigate the wheel with one of the thumbsticks and press a button to access the particuar tab). This has the inventory, attributes, information, abilities, map, and quest log tabs, etc, all in one convenient place.

Start to pause the game and save, load, etc.

RB, and the left and right thumbsticks are free for whatever you wish to use it for. You could potentially drop the use of the left or right trigger (as long as you implement shifting on the D-pad aswell) dropping you down to 16 shortcuts and free up another button for use aswell.

This is a similar system as to what was used in Sacred 2 on the Xbox 360. I would definitely reccommend giving it a lok for some design choices when implementing a control system when porting from a PC game.

Food and Water was useful as it was in Divinity 2. Please don't change it as a neccessity like Fallout, it just makes the game more of a chore.

Last edited by Unreal Warfare; 17/11/10 12:16 PM.

veteran
veteran
the story is quite different from what we did so far but interesting I think

Strong enough to poke Bioware with NON-LINER STORY in Div3?

Dooo eeeet, I believe you can.

old hand
old hand
well if it's in the Divinity universe I'm going to like it but I would rather keep the action based combat of D2 over a Diablo styled game as much as I like Diablo I prefer to be up close & personal when I'm killing the bad guys. I do hope we can expect to see more adventures of are dragon Knight from D2 that would be really cool, but whatever you come up with I'll be sure to be down my local game shop the day of release to pick up my copy wink

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard