Next Thread
Print Thread
#427109 17/11/10 04:31 AM
J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
I am trying to get the top Chest. I have the "the flower that doesnt exist" but I am unable to jump or find any switches in order to get to the chest that is up top and in the corner. Thanks for any help.

JerzeeJoe #427112 17/11/10 05:43 AM
V
stranger
stranger
V
Try the back of the chest. The one near the flower that doesn't exist.

There's a switch at the back of it.

J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Thanks a bunch VictorTan !

M
stranger
stranger
M
I still can't seem to locate the switch.
I finished the quest. Been looking all over the place but can't find any switch near the top chest.

Here's an image of me standing next to the top chest.. I can't see a switch anywhere to be honest.
Would appreciate any help/directions.

[Linked Image]

Muzak #427405 18/11/10 05:44 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Its on the back of the chest, in this view your mace is blocking it.

Nasuradin #427421 18/11/10 07:31 AM
M
stranger
stranger
M
Holy cow.. how did anyone manage to find that??
Including another screenshot that shows where the "button" is:
[Linked Image]

Thanks alot for the help. Been jumping around that room for hours (no kidding).

Muzak #427426 18/11/10 07:47 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
The only way I noticed was when I mindread the ghost and he thought about the button, the camera moved all the way up to show the button.

Nasuradin #427431 18/11/10 08:02 AM
M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Originally Posted by Muzak
Holy cow.. how did anyone manage to find that??

Originally Posted by Nasuradin
The only way I noticed was when I mindread the ghost and he thought about the button, the camera moved all the way up to show the button.

Buzzinga! grin

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
Macbeth #427598 18/11/10 04:33 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Yeah, but u don't know if it's the 1st chest or the 2nd one :P since it's hidden quite well, I was also jumping until my legs were reduced to stumps LoL. I almost made the jump to the chest by trying jumps out, but it was only 2 to 4 mm miss or I got on the edge, but couldn't jump the 2nd time to land there LOL.

TSV-StriFe #427616 18/11/10 05:31 PM
M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by TSV-StriFe
Yeah, but u don't know if it's the 1st chest or the 2nd one :P since it's hidden quite well, I was also jumping until my legs were reduced to stumps LoL. I almost made the jump to the chest by trying jumps out, but it was only 2 to 4 mm miss or I got on the edge, but couldn't jump the 2nd time to land there LOL.

HA, good to hear I'm not the only one who tried that approach..
Climbed all the way up, jumped onto the broken wall (did a quicksave there) and then tried to jump all the way to the chest.. over and over.. lol.

So.. mindreading.. once again. I tend to skip mindreading but this addon seems to have alot of stuff, including "quest solutions", hidden in mindreading. At least it seems alot more than I remember from Ego Draconis.
The thing is, if you finish the perfume quest, the NPC disappears, so you can no longer "read his mind" once the quest is finished. That doesn't seem right to me.

Muzak #429450 28/11/10 07:36 PM
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
I mindread everything, and when I got the button location from the ghost, I didn't even have to press it. It just opened normally.

Daen #429491 29/11/10 07:24 AM
stranger
stranger
I actually managed to do the jump from the edge without activating the button - just don't ask after how many tries! lol

Anyway, on the second go through FoV I decided to reset my skills and maxed Mindread even before starting any quest. Result? All Mindreading costs 0 XP... no more XP debt!

cancerman #429623 30/11/10 01:24 AM
R
stranger
stranger
R
ok maybe I'm dense, but I see 2 chests. One on the floor I can't get into becasue my lockpicking skills arnt high enough, and the other one high in the corner I can't jump to. So where is this "switch" everyone is referring to?

rbux #429830 01/12/10 01:36 AM
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Oh snap, I thought that button was to open the dang thing, not something else. Even knowing it was there, I looked, didn't see it, opened the chest and figured it was one of those automatic things. Seriously, those buttons are too hard to pick out from what they are on. Like the one in the battle tower before you fight Laiken to uncover the explosives ... I searched for that for hours, even knowing it was there.

Of course, the other flaw is that highlighting something you can activate is way too wonky. It's very hard sometimes to get that sweet spot to activate.

cancerman #450035 10/09/11 06:03 PM
T
stranger
stranger
T
Ok I can see people post that they jumped to the broken wall. I believe that is where I am at now. I have hit all the switches and used the teleporter ...climbed a ladder up to the top of this platform and down the other side. It doesn't appear I can jump from this location so I go back up the ladder to the top platform and I can see the broken wall area...when I try to jump to the broken wall I keep hitting my characters head on the ledge above and falling back to the floor. I am sure its something stupid I'm doing wrong but I am really getting tired of this particular mission. My stubbornness to not leave before I conquer that stupid chest is the only reason why I am here asking for help and not out of this blasted cave and on to other conquests. ANY ADVICE WELCOME ... Did I say Please? Thanks!

Treasurechick AKA Jewels
T
stranger
stranger
T
LOL Never mind I GOT IT! Dang I knew as soon as I caved and posted I would get it. At least the first chest and button. Now for the second chest!

Treasurechick AKA Jewels
old hand
old hand
Be sure to read the ghosts mind so you can get a piece of the Dragon Wizard armour

cancerman #451390 20/10/11 01:53 PM
L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Originally Posted by cancerman
I actually managed to do the jump from the edge without activating the button - just don't ask after how many tries! lol

Anyway, on the second go through FoV I decided to reset my skills and maxed Mindread even before starting any quest. Result? All Mindreading costs 0 XP... no more XP debt!

You know, I only ever trained my Mindread skill up to level 3 or 4. Know why? There's so much experience available in the game, it doesn't make much sense to burn limited skill points to save on essentially unlimited experience points. So, I have to run another quest or two, or kill a few more enemies. I still level up fine. Particularly in FoV, where you have unlimited re-spawns of undead enemies that give you 3000-5000 experience *each*. (I can see in the original Ego Draconis, training up Mindread higher, so you level higher by the end of the game, but in FoV there is seriously very little benefit to saving a few hundred thousand experience).

I'd rather have a skill that's very useful trained to a high level - like healing, defensive posture, a special attack/spell, Way of the $Archtype, a nice support skill like Mana Efficiency, Potion Efficiency, etc.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard