Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
old hand
old hand
The patch is currently being tested at the publisher who'll then submit it to Microsoft. We'll definitely make sure everybody is aware when it's released.

veteran
veteran
Great news ! delight

I hope the publisher can make short (but good !) work of the Patch, and Microsoft too biggrin

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
stranger
stranger
Hello
I'm in french also, and i have the same problem.
it's really frustrating. i don't know why it happened to few of us...
Do we have something in common?
an equipment? an achievement?
it's maybe silly, but i can't figure out why all the others didn't have the same bug.

stranger
stranger
by the way, i just saw a video on youtube called "sassan bug" posted 3 weeks ago!!! we're not alone!!

OP Offline
I know there is a lot to read here in this topic but the short answer is that if you spent around 70 hours which also accounts for pause time then this bug shows up. A patch should be available soon in the new year with any luck once Microsoft have finished testing it.

Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Hi there, I find it very difficult to accept that this bug is a time issue. Having already played Ego Draconis through to the battle tower on PC and not being able to get any further because of a display problem, I couldn't use the buttons on the right side of the screen because they were out of sight, and couldn't get it to display right so bought DKS for xbox. I found it was far easier on normal than the PC was on easy, better weapons and armour and less numbers of enemies, it took about 30 mins to clear the area and get into Lovis tower, on the PC it took about 2 hours. Also far less loot to find and barrels to bash. All in all it took about 20 hours to get to the demon, which does not seem such a long time to do half the game, or are you guys much quicker than that?
By the way my disappointment at not getting past the tower yet again I won't even mention, suffice to say I am one very peed off bunny.
Back to the time issue, I normally play quite slowly because i look under every bush and rock and bash everything bashable, and surely thats how a lot of people play and part of the pleasure of the game.
I really don't think I want to have to play against the clock to make the game work, so its goodbye Larian, which is a shame as this was going to be a great game. So no stars from me.

OP Offline
I played the 1st release of DivII:Eco last year on 360 and all was fine. This time tho I really did spend more time away from the screen than playing it - maybe it was optimized so much that a new bug has come to light...

To be honest I would of thought if A = B then goto C. You can not enter the room until you know how to summon the demon. I guess some clever maths stuff is going on that is way above my thinking...

Just a real shame it has happened. Soon to be sorted once Microsoft hand the goods over, xmas lock out does not help with the waiting from them and I'm sure M$ more than know how to treat staff, by the book which most work places ignore so a full 2 weeks of heaven for them it is plus! hahaha

stranger
stranger
I finally found a way through it!
The reason why the game bugged (I'm only talking about my case) is:

After getting the name of the demon " RAKAZEL" , a voice tells you that you have to finish all the quests left in the broken valley because you will not be able to go back there after killing laiken. thats why i left sassan in the tower and went back to finish everything. when i came back (way after) to finish and summon the demon, the game bugged. so i have reloaded a previous save point (before waking sassan fantom and giving her the ring) Then I did all the side quests left in the broken valley before waking sassan and getting her the ring. Immediately after that, i went to the battle tower with her and fought the soldiers till getting to the point where she summons the demon RAKAZEL without interruption and without doing any side quest. And it worked!
To make sure it's not just coincidence, i reloaded another save point, before choosing the servants (alchemist, necromancer, trainer, enchanter) and did all side quests before meeting sassan, and it worked again.
So what do you think? did you try this?

OP Offline
Sounds cool tho I had saved past this point at the time so can't go back... (snif)

D
stranger
stranger
D
Still no xbox patch 1,5 months later....sigh
It IS a gamebreaking bug for some people.
Maybe should remove the ingame loading tip "Look in every nook and cranny", as it only creates the bug.

dont pay much attention.
my weekly site checking for the patch and getting a bit frustrated seeing no progress.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Anisay is right, her solution works absolutely, you must not break up the quest from Sassan all the way through to killing Laiken, so do everything first and it works. Thank you so much Anisay, I am overjoyed.

Oh and sorry if I was a bit hasty Larian.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by bloodmoon
Anisay is right, her solution works absolutely, you must not break up the quest from Sassan all the way through to killing Laiken

That makes no bloody difference. I had completed all sidequests possible prior to meeting Sassan and heading for the tower and got the bug. The reason why you people have found the way around it is beacuse you just reached the point of the cutscene earlier after reloading an earlier save. For some people it was a close call I guess. It doesn't matter if you take a break from Sassan before the cutscene or not if all your save files are longer than the breaking point for the bug. I never took a break from Sassan. After restarting the game from the beginning I simply went past this point of the game by reaching it SOONER. But I did everything in the same order. Just a lot quicker.

Last edited by Zlaja; 28/12/10 07:50 PM.
J
J1g Offline
stranger
stranger
J

I have just signed to forum to post the EXACT SAME PROBLEM (xbox 360) with the game hanging once the summoning begins.

After searching the net in relation to this issue, i found that it was 1st highlighted back in jan 2010, and we are still waiting on a fix............simply not good enough. I fully understand that the problem is only encountered by the minority but it basically seems as if the software developer is ignoring all requests for a fix, as they replied to a post early 2010 saying they will look into it..............hrmmmmm and i see the same response on this forum......................

Suppose the people that spend their well earned / saved money on this game are not important enough for the developer to try and solve the issue.....................always a typical response from game developers when folks still keep buying the product, but we live in hope that this issue WILL be resolved, and not just to keep getting fobbed off that it is being looked into...............

These scenarios just make me sick, when the responses are just to put people off, delaying tactics, knowing that the issue will not be solved, hope the developer proves me wrong.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by J1g

I have just signed to forum to post the EXACT SAME PROBLEM (xbox 360) with the game hanging once the summoning begins.

After searching the net in relation to this issue, i found that it was 1st highlighted back in jan 2010, and we are still waiting on a fix............simply not good enough. I fully understand that the problem is only encountered by the minority but it basically seems as if the software developer is ignoring all requests for a fix, as they replied to a post early 2010 saying they will look into it..............hrmmmmm and i see the same response on this forum......................

Suppose the people that spend their well earned / saved money on this game are not important enough for the developer to try and solve the issue.....................always a typical response from game developers when folks still keep buying the product, but we live in hope that this issue WILL be resolved, and not just to keep getting fobbed off that it is being looked into...............

These scenarios just make me sick, when the responses are just to put people off, delaying tactics, knowing that the issue will not be solved, hope the developer proves me wrong.

At this point in time your post reads as a load of bollox just to have a dig. I have the first release of Div:II (UK) and it was fine other than the loading bug leaving Farglow, (There was a work around fix bypassing text). This is fixed in DKS!!
Sasson bug never showed up. Not once did I read anyone talking of the bug until now and do you really think DKS would of shipped with it if it was known about...

I am willing to give Larian Studios a chance and know full well what Microsoft are like and also know play testers have a job to do and rush through things having played it until their eyes bleed looking at it day after day after month (No fun testing). On the plus side the US version will not be shipped with the bug.

My son as we have 2 copies of DKS just passed Sasson two days ago and it's the first time he has played it.

Piccy: AVIT LaRgE!!! hahaha

J
J1g Offline
stranger
stranger
J
Well whoopdy doo for yooooooo!!!!!!!

Darn right i am having a dig, just because it worked for you does not mean to say it works for all, their is obviously some sort of glitch within the mechanics of the game, since i am not the only one that has encountered it.

But their are always a-holes like yourself that just love to try and ridicule postings, if you trawl the net, you will see i am telling the truth, rather than spirt of tripe, but then again, every forum has its fair share of mouthers, and i am guessing on this forum, you are one of them.................... headbanging

G
god Offline
stranger
stranger
G
recentley bought divinity2 and having exactly same problem with sassan on summoning just freezes up after her first words! fed up as was enjoying the game immensly! going to take it back and see if another copy will work!

OP Offline
Originally Posted by J1g
Well whoopdy doo for yooooooo!!!!!!!

Darn right i am having a dig, just because it worked for you does not mean to say it works for all, their is obviously some sort of glitch within the mechanics of the game, since i am not the only one that has encountered it.

But their are always a-holes like yourself that just love to try and ridicule postings, if you trawl the net, you will see i am telling the truth, rather than spirt of tripe, but then again, every forum has its fair share of mouthers, and i am guessing on this forum, you are one of them.................... headbanging

Thats the thing.
I am the topic creator and I said in my reply "At this point in time your post reads..." so you jumped the gun and it is in fact you, in your own words,"every forum has its fair share of mouthers". Welcome to the forums! hehe

I've made every effort and so have others going to the trouble of sending in our save games and if you read we have all tried to discuss the problem with Larian Studios getting involved for a number of weeks. Not forgetting you dropped in like a fly from no where and come back with the wrong end of the stick because you cant read and still bring nothing to the table. So right now we are playing the waiting game - is that fine by you??

One more time and this time read it.

"At this point in time your post reads..."

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Hey,

I play the German version and have the same problems with the bug during the summoning.
Where does the patch remain? Can´t go on without.
The last Posting of Larian Studios is from the 22.12.10
A feedback would be right.

Greeting

Zorrrrro from Germany

Morality is an invention of the humanity and no consequence of the life!
OP Offline
The patch is still in testing.

Link: Re: 360 patch incoming anytime soon?

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Ok, thank you for the info!!!

Morality is an invention of the humanity and no consequence of the life!
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard