Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Panda X Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I loved divinity 2 on the xbox despite it's unpolished state. So, judging from the positive reviews that dragon knight saga has been getting, I know I will have a blast playing this improved version. However, given that even the U.S. release is still unconfirmed, it seems highly unlikely that the game will be released for the Asian region where I'm in.

Is there official word for this game's release in regions other than Europe and America? If not, will any of the game versions be compatible with NTSC/J xbox consoles?

Thanks in advance from an Asian fan.

P
Panda X Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I just found out that the PAL version of divinity 2: ego draconis is playable on a NTSC/J xbox and not a NTSC/UC one. This gives me hope that the same is true for the PAL version of dragon knight saga.

An online UK store that ships to my country just received new stock after the previous batch sold out rather quickly. Can I get official confirmation on this issue before they are sold out again? I realise that your Asian fan base may be negligible on the xbox. So an official word would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by Panda X; 23/11/10 04:02 AM.
old hand
old hand
At the moment, we are still looking into deals abroad, so if it happens, it won't be soon. Even if we'd sign a deal "tomorrow", it'd still take a long time before an actual release.

We cannot guarantee the PAL version to work on NTSC/J because we don't have the hardware to test that.

Tweeting @forktong
P
Panda X Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Thanks for the reply. I know not of any game developer who would personally take the time to answer questions from fans. For that I am deeply appreciative.

I will continue to monitor these board for any updates. If anyone has both the PAL version of the game and access to a NTSC/J console, please help a fellow fan test for compatibility. Thanks again.

apprentice
apprentice
When I'll receive my PAL copy of DKS (probably in 10 days) I'll post here if it works on a japanese console.

P
Panda X Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Thanks a lot, Catlover/Hamtaro, for helping out a fellow RPG/Cat fan. I eagerly await your test results.

apprentice
apprentice
Don't worry, I'll do it, but we have to wait because I bought it in UK and now it's on the road.
However from my experiences many PAL games are NTSC-J compatible, I hope for you that DKS is one of them. wink

Instead I had to buy a japanese X360 because NTSC-J games PAL compatible are very rare, expecially my loved STGs...

apprentice
apprentice
Hello Panda X,
I just received my PAL UK copy of DKS and it DOES NOT WORK on a NTSC-J X360: region code error. frown
I'm sorry...

P
Panda X Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
As much as I'm disappointed by the result, I would like to thank you for helping out a complete stranger.

apprentice
apprentice
Sometimes strangers are better that people that we think to know very well. wink

Last edited by CatLover; 04/12/10 01:22 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Hello everyone,
I'm new to the forum and I' like to ask the same question.
I've played Ego Draconis on XBox 360 and liked it despite the frequent bugs and frame rate issues.
I live in Japan and own a japanese Xbox, but I'm italian and honestly the idea of playing a game with japanese subtitles makes me cringe. I've tried The Dragon Knight demo and LOVED it: it's just so much better than Ego Draconis!
But when I looked for the asian release on Amazon I couldn't find it... seems it doesn't exist?
So, what are my options? I'd really like to play DKS!
The PAL version really doesn't work on a japanese Xbox? And does the japanese version have english subtitles?
Please help. frown

Support
Support

Are you able to play the PC version?

The Japanese Xbox version has Japanese text, with English voices in the dialogs. Unfortunately, no other releases are compatible with NTSC/J consoles.

Welcome to the forum. wave

M
stranger
stranger
M
That's a real shame. I so wanted to play DKS! frown
Unfortunately I don't have a pc and there's no mac release (am I right?). I think I'll try to install bootcamp and see if the demo runs smoothly so I can buy the pc version.
Thanks a lot for your reply! laugh

Support
Support

No, there is no Mac version, but people have mentioned playing DKS through bootcamp.

The latest version of Divinity 2 is the Developer's Cut, which is essentially DKS with an optional Developer Mode cheat menu. There is also an anthology collection of all 3 Divinity games (with the earlier releases being 2D isometric RPGs).

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard