Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
old hand
old hand
Any armour save the Dragon Slayer type covered the legs. Any armour save the Rogue type covered the upper torso.

Also, take a look at the armour the Romans & Greeks wore in their time. Did it cover the legs and arms?

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Originally Posted by virumor
Any armour save the Dragon Slayer type covered the legs. Any armour save the Rogue type covered the upper torso.

Also, take a look at the armour the Romans & Greeks wore in their time. Did it cover the legs and arms?

No, and they also died quite often. Their ENTIRE civilization was either making Warriors, or being a Warrior.

Last edited by Polantaris; 21/11/10 05:54 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Ah, ok.
To be frank I used a woman only in FoV because I couldn't import ED saves on DKS so I wanted to try the other sex.
Though, I bought more or less every armor and weapon, and the best ones available on the market (white and black) didn't cover the legs.

Ipsa scientia potestas est.
U
stranger
stranger
U
I agree with those that it's all a preference. Don't like it, don't use it. Why complain about it when it's a choice? There are people that don't mind it as well as those that do. Why should one get it over the other? It's called choice.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
This game is a rare exception, meanwhile most other RPGs have no choice. It's all armor that has no potential to actually protect the user. That was what the point has been within this topic (At least what I've been saying).

Play Lineage 2, and make a female anything, and by the time you get to B Grade armor, you're wearing almost nothing. This is especially true if you're a Dark Elf.

So many games fall under the same problem. It's a choice here, but in most games, it's not. If you make a female character, be ready to use equipment that has no practical usage.

U
stranger
stranger
U
If you really need this to be realistic then You would be permanently killed by the first enemy that hits you. Not many would survive a fireball let alone just an arrow.

Real physics is thrown out the window with a game and I don't think really should be compared unless you want to play a simulator.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Originally Posted by Unseen
If you really need this to be realistic then You would be permanently killed by the first enemy that hits you. Not many would survive a fireball let alone just an arrow.

Real physics is thrown out the window with a game and I don't think really should be compared unless you want to play a simulator.

Now you're going into the stupidity section. Please leave it.

There is a 100% difference between visual reality and physics reality, and please understand the difference between them before you post next time.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Polantaris
Originally Posted by Unreal Warfare
People are complaining about seeing boobs?

What's wrong with this planet?

That's not the complaint.

Evidently your humour detector isn't working very well today.

Don't worry I'll forgive you.

And regarding the above, if you're going to argue the practicality over nothing more than a visual reference then it's a pretty baseless argument to start with. I mean what's the point in saying it doesn't look realistic when you dismiss an opinion made by someone else which was based on realism?

At the end of the day it's all about appeal. All about cosmetic look. Some people like one type of look, others prefer something different.

Unless it actually does affect gameplay, which it doesn't, does it really matter to you or anyone else that much?

Enjoy the pretty pixels, and if you can't then just be manly.

Last edited by Unreal Warfare; 22/11/10 12:53 AM.

U
stranger
stranger
U

Now you're going into the stupidity section. Please leave it.

There is a 100% difference between visual reality and physics reality, and please understand the difference between them before you post next time.

Calm down, there is no need to get into silly name calling. It's an opinion, and yes it's subective. Nothing more nothing less. You dont agree and you have your own opinion on the matter, and thats fine. This whole thing isn't even a big deal. I'm not sure when you became the police telling people when they can and can't post though.

I guess I'll keep in mind and ask you permission next time I post and see if it's ok. Wait.. I just did. Sorry.

veteran
veteran

It is fun to heat that from a guy with such avatar and picture in sig :P

journeyman
journeyman
You guys need to get yourself a real female in your house/appartment. cheer You won't need to play them on your screen... groovy

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kein

It is fun to heat that from a guy with such avatar and picture in sig :P

Don't mess with my Lilith. She's hawt! :p

Last edited by Unreal Warfare; 22/11/10 11:40 PM.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Armor textures are designed to look cool for the most part, not be practical. Armor should be designed to deflect blows ... all the spikes and flanges you see in typical RPG armors would actually catch a blade and focus it. Enormous shoulder pieces would limit mobility of your sword arm, and give your enemy a point of leverage to spin you off target and take you down, to say nothing of what it would do to your peripheral vision. No one in their right mind would make a real armor as fancy as fantasy RPG armors. To say nothing of the fact that every eye on the battlefield would immediately be drawn to the battle-dork with the flashiest armor.

That said, it looks cool, and that is what people expect.

veteran
veteran
That's the whole point, lol.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Kein
Originally Posted by Unreal Warfare
People are complaining about seeing boobs?

What's wrong with this planet?

Nothing. Unlike DragonAge/TwoWorlds2 there is no boobs in the game.

Remove your female character's cloths and there are. Isn't Sussan wearing a revealing outfit as well? In my opinion, games shouldn't be sexed up, females shouldn't armour that is revealing, same goes for males.

Originally Posted by Dragomist
You guys need to get yourself a real female in your house/appartment. cheer You won't need to play them on your screen... groovy

Owned. aargh rpg008

Last edited by Demonic; 25/11/10 05:24 PM.
K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Once again, these are only YOUR OPINIONS

What is that makes you think that everybody else should abide by what YOU say and that every game should be made to suit only YOU ?

I think its high time some folks learned to have a little tolerance and repeat this line after me:

"I dont personnaly like it but somebody else might and who am I to spoil things for somebody else".

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by kache
Originally Posted by virumor
There's only one or two sets that reveal female body parts. Don't like it, don't wear it.

To be frank I didn't see any female set which covered the legs...

There were plenty, actually.

The Scorpion Set
The Set you get from the Bosses in the Fortresses (I forget the name)
The FoV Ranger Set
I also had a few early on I don't remember that covered the legs.

They usually didn't have fancy work near the thigh area, but that's nothing odd, you need to be able to move. Usually just the base chainmail type armor (Just a covering, no fancy spikes or anything).

Also the Noble Armour Light Regular & Heavy all covered the legs

the new DKS armour sets

the riverlon guard set covers the legs the Dragon Wizards armour covers the legs (mind u the Dragon Wizard is just a vry cool version of the regular Noble Armour set which is my favourate grin )

& anyway practical or not most men like to see flesh on the women in there games it's human nature to look. 90% of the time when men look there either looking at your boobs a** or legs, this game has armour sets to suite all. Some cover everything some cover everything but the legs & some turn your woman into a warrior whore. Either way it does'nt matter, ware what your comfortable in, being a woman myslf I was happy that I had the option to cover up my charactor. the option of look all you want or cover up all you want is an awsome aspect. Mot RPG's/Action Adventures don't give you the option it's normally LOOK IT'S FEAMALE WOOOO LOOOK BOOOOOBBBS. 90% of the time in these games the women are running around with next to nothing on to cover their dignaty, u should all be happy you have the option of kick a** warrior woman or kick a** warrior whore.

Last edited by Divine Avenger; 26/11/10 06:51 AM.
stranger
stranger
It's actually been pretty refreshing to see how my female character has been, for the most part, completely covered with nice looking armor throughout most of the game. Apart from a couple of short leggings and some ranger type armor with short sleeves I haven't seen anything overly sexed up at all. This is a huge difference when compared to some other games in which "full plate" armor is basically a g-string/loincloth with a belt, a bra, and some spiky shoulder pads.

Good... Bad... I'm the guy dual-wielding swords with +100 magic damage.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Knight Flyer
Once again, these are only YOUR OPINIONS

What is that makes you think that everybody else should abide by what YOU say and that every game should be made to suit only YOU ?

I think its high time some folks learned to have a little tolerance and repeat this line after me:

"I dont personnaly like it but somebody else might and who am I to spoil things for somebody else".

I DID say it was my opinion. Just like in my opinion, man should look at real women and vice versa.
I just don't think woman should be looked at like that in any form, they are humans, not pieces of meat. Is that all men think about nowadays?

Last edited by Demonic; 26/11/10 01:49 PM.
M
addict
addict
M
Originally Posted by Demonic
Is that all men think about nowadays?

Going with that topic I would say no.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard