Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I have just finished Ego draconis (Dragon knight saga)
And I want to import my existing character to flames of vengeance but it doesn't work.
The manual says to continue with an existing character load a save game (Ego draconis)proceed to the end of game after the finale flames of vengeance will automatically begin. All I get are the credits after the finale and then the game goes back to the main menu.
Is this a bug or something?
Am I the only one with this problem?
P.S. I have a pal version of the game Divinity 2 the dragon knight saga.
Answer only if you know if this is a bug

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
did you have the orginal ego draconis installed and then you installed dks... BUT launched ego draconis.....?

Does the main menu title say Ego Draconis... or Ego Draconis Dragon Knight saga

and you should have the option of starting a new orginal game or flames of vengence addon on the main menu.

It really sounds like you loaded up ego draconis.

Only other thing that may have happend is if the store you got the game from seperates the game from the case and puts it together when brought they may have given you the wrong game... the orginal and not DKS.

The orginal game disk is mostly black with a dragon while DKS is mostly red(flames) as the site banner above.

Last edited by Phoynix; 20/11/10 03:38 PM.
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Phoynix
did you have the orginal ego draconis installed and then you installed dks... BUT launched ego draconis.....?

Does the main menu title say Ego Draconis... or Ego Draconis Dragon Knight saga

and you should have the option of starting a new orginal game or flames of vengence addon on the main menu.

It really sounds like you loaded up ego draconis.

Only other thing that may have happend is if the store you got the game from seperates the game from the case and puts it together when brought they may have given you the wrong game... the orginal and not DKS.

The orginal game disk is mostly black with a dragon while DKS is mostly red(flames) as the site banner above.
I bought the Dragon knight saga not ego draconis from a dutch site bol.com

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Oh and I have the xbox360 version not the pc version

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
so your disc is red AND you have options to pick flames of vengence in the main menu?

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
yes

A
ALF Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
That's odd. The game should switch to Flames Of Vengeance after completing Ego Draconis.

Like Phoynix said, do you have the option to start a new Flames of Vengeance game in the main menu?
Do you get the movie after the Divine dialog at the end of Ego Draconis?

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I have the PAL version of the game so I don't know if it's a bug or something

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
After beating that witch lady and freeing Divine the game automatically goes to the last cut-scene. after that I get the credits and after the credits the game goes back to the main menu. in the main menu I have the options: Contine New game- ego draconis, new game flames of vengeance settings and load.

A
ALF Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
If it doesn't switch automatcially, then yes, it is a bug smile

Send a mail to support@larian.com referring to this thread and detailing the exact DKS version you bought.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Like I already said I have the xbox360 version and I only bought The dragon knight saga not the ego draconis

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I already send a message to support@larian.com

A
ALF Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
Sorry for sounding like a broken record. It seems I'm a bit of a slow typer and I miss your replies as I'm typing :p

I'll make sure your issue gets looked at first thing this monday.

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
there is no bug.

He finished flames of vengence....
He beat the witch lady and freed the divine...

Either he accidently started flames of vengence and didnt do the orginal campaign....... or he somehow missed the orginal campaigns cut sceene ending and the roll on into flames of vengence.

Last edited by Phoynix; 20/11/10 04:09 PM.
A
ALF Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
Hah, good eye. Missed that smile

Ego Draconis ends with a (long) Divine speech in the Astral Plane (excuse me for forgetting the official name :p) and a video of the destruction of the champion fortress in the Orobas Fjords.

Flames of Vengeances ends with Ygerna dying and you freeing the Divine.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Phoynix
there is no bug.

He finished flames of vengence....
He beat the witch lady and freed the divine...

Either he accidently started flames of vengence and didnt do the orginal campaign....... or he somehow missed the orginal campaigns cut sceene ending and the roll on into flames of vengence.

Nope I didn't finished flames of vengeance I did the ego draconis story And I did get the final cut-scene the one where Divine stands before a crowd of people And the player is in dragon form flying away from the city

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
THATS FLAMES OF VENGENCE.....

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I watched on youtube flames of vengeance ending seems my character was imported to flames of vengeance sorry.

A
ALF Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
Sorry to say, but that's the end movie of Flames of Vengeance smile

Ego Draconis switches "seamlessly" (there is a loadingscreen) to Flames of Vengeance, that's why you didn't notice it. Flames of Vengeance starts with a wisp flying towards the crystals where you and the Divine are locked in, after which you get a Terminator like scene of you teleporting into Aleroth City.

[EDIT]
Beaten again. Time to take some typing lessons laugh

Last edited by ALF; 20/11/10 04:18 PM.
P
apprentice
apprentice
P
If you missed the orginal game you really should play it.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard