Next Thread
Print Thread
M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
What was your level when you did it?

I am at level 17 and I can't manage to do it.
What I find surprising is that in earlier sections of the game, when faced with an insurmountable challenge, it was fairly easy to find side quests and level up before coming back to overpower opponents that previously caused you problems.
Here, it seems that I have done pretty much all there was to do on Sentinel Island, except the quest involving the old ghost looking for the whale.

And despite that, the path to the Bandits's barracks is a narrow corridor with a bunch of guys at level 16/17 who have the ability to heal themselves, which is clearly too much for me.
On top of that, the bandits' boss is at level 16, but seems much more resistant than other opponents of the same level.

Thanks.

veteran
veteran
You can't have done everything there is to do. Even in ED I was a higher level when climbing the tower, and FoV makes it easier to level up. You must have missed a bunch of quests or experience in broken valley. In DKS I can be like level 19 before even starting the ascent.

M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Well, no I didn't do everything in Broken Valley, they're side quests after all. I did enough missions so that my level was adequate to enter Maxos' Temple.

And everything was fine until I reached the ascension to the Battle Tower and realized there were not enough side missions on Sentinel Island to level up.

Now if I go back to Broken Valley to level grind, the enemies that I find there will be too weak to bring any significant XP.

So it means I have no choice but to venture into the Orobas Fjords if I want to grab some decent XP, even though enemies there will be overpowered too?

It's kind of awkward. The game is non linear but in practice, if you don't do things in order, it creates some sort of a vicious circle.

Last edited by masa2009; 28/11/10 07:49 PM.
veteran
veteran
What level did you enter Maxos Temple at?

You're level 17, you should be able to handle the level 18 enemies in the Fjords.

M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
I'm not sure, level 13 or 14 maybe.

I wish killing lower level enemies would still yeld a minimum number of XP.
Not as many as I was at the same level, but sill a little bit to keep levelling up.

Otherwise you can find yourself forced to fight uphill battles all of a sudden without really doing anything wrong.

old hand
old hand
I dont have much trouble dispatching those bandits on the way to the battle tower as you mentioned. I eliminate them all while I still around lvl16 or 17 with bow Mr Shooty easily in hard mode. My bow crit damage can reach 300 around that time.

There are various ways to clear enemies and if you find them tough, just lure the enemies out 1 by 1 and dispatch them easily. If you still find yourself unmatched for them, then its time for you to upgrade your equipments.

Level can easily be gain by just killing mobs only. I currently reach lvl 18 without turning majority of quests in broken valley. I think I just turned in bout 10 to 20% of the total quests in broken valley and sentinel. Havent set foot on orobas fjords as well.

G
journeyman
journeyman
G
You really need to do all the side quests in Broken Valley. This should get you to the Maxos Temple at LV 15. By the time you get to the battle tower you should be @ 19/20. Go back and turn in the Quests now, you get the same amount of XP when you turn them in no matter what your LV is. Also, killing the goblins in broken vally and getting hearts, turn into Richard after mindreading him and you can gain at least one, and if you get them all two levels more. I find it impossible to do without the side quests, the mobs just don't give enough points. It's actually better if counter intitive not to get your levels too high. The game gets to be a bit boring and unchallenging.

old hand
old hand
If you want to maximize your exp earning, just try to turn in as less quests as possible. Only turn in all your quests before initiate the last battle with laiken, where there no way you can access broken valley quests after that. Same goes to the locked chest in broken valley and sentinel island as well. Its easy to reach lvl15 for maxos temple without relying on quest experience points.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard