Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello!

got a question about Ego Draconis vs DKS.

i have ED (ego draconis) since release but i just bought DKS and im wondering if the guard tower doors at the quarry are supposed to be locked before you leave Broken Valley.

as far as i remember i could go inside the guard tower in ED and fight these guards guarding Williams before leaving Broken Valley & getting my wings. To come back later & whooping Ba'al?

cheers!

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
It would appear so: they were unexpectedly locked in my game after adding on FoV, but unlocked after the Battle Tower was won.

J'aime le fromage.
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
ehum...!?

so.. i got to win the Battle tower & then go back & save williams?

only thing i remember is saving williams before u get ur wings is nearly impossible :hihi: unless u do a marathon around the stairs for some 30 minutes lol grin

Last edited by Finnen78; 02/12/10 07:43 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Finnen78
ehum...!?

so.. i got to win the Battle tower & then go back & save williams?

Yes. I'm not entirely sure of the logic either, but that's the way it's meant to be done, apparently.

only thing i remember is saving williams before u get ur wings is nearly impossible :hihi: unless u do a marathon around the stairs for some 30 minutes lol grin

Tell me about it! The only reason I managed to do it the first time, many levels too low, was through sheer persistence and idiocy. I'm not sure which trait was most noticeable. grin

J'aime le fromage.
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
[/quote]was through sheer persistence and idiocy. I'm not sure which trait was most noticeable. grin[/quote]
and that there was two of them didnt help one bit either. but it was goooood XP at that level

Last edited by Finnen78; 02/12/10 08:33 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
and that there was two of them didnt help one bit either. but it was goooood XP at that level

Actually getting Williams and co out alive was even trickier IIRC: I think that's the point I gave up and came back later, so perhaps being locked out early in the game isn't such a bad thing...

J'aime le fromage.
A
ALF Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
We locked those doors since some people would get stuck when trying to save Williams as they weren't able to kill the enemies (and the doors are locked till you kill all of them).

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by ALF
We locked those doors since some people would get stuck when trying to save Williams as they weren't able to kill the enemies (and the doors are locked till you kill all of them).

That suddenly makes more sense. I forget now, but my "came back later" probably involved reloading in that case, which could potentially be inconvenient without a recent save...

J'aime le fromage.
S
stranger
stranger
S
I'm stuck anyway - when I get into the mine tower (near the end of the game) and I talk to Williams, he gets the question mark, I can't do anything after that, can't click on him, and there is nobody to fight. I had never been in the mine tower before. There are no enemies at all in the mine tower other than the first two idiots with the dialogue, both of whom I killed.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard