Next Thread
Print Thread
#430470 04/12/10 09:11 PM
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Hello Larian Studios: I purchased "Divinity II The Dragon Knight Saga" from gogamer.com. I'm so impressed that I'd like to add the original Collector's Edition for Divinity II Ego Draconis to my collection. Since it was not released in the UK or the USA, will you please tell me if the German or French Collector's Editions include an option to use English voices? I don't really care about English subtitles; I'm only interested in English voices. Thanks!

stranger
stranger
I have the spanish version and the voices are in english, I am not sure the game has voices in other language, it's a big effort to voice a whole game in different languages.

Got it from Steam and there you can even select the language of your install.

i7-4930K w/ 16GB DDR3RAM
GForce GTX780 @ 1920x1080
Linux! (when possible)
apprentice
apprentice
ED isn't multilanguage like DKS, but not all the editions are fully localized.
For example the german edition is 100% in german (both voices and texts), instead the italian edition has english voices and italian texts.
In Italy it was released a Premium Edition: same content of the Collector's Edition, except for the action figure.

[Linked Image]

I don't know about the french edition of ED, but I read in this forum that the spanish one is fully localized, but for costs reasons the spanish voices weren't included in DKS (there is a thread dedicated to this argument...).

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
My goodness CatLover! That is a most beautiful edition you have. I did not even know anything about the Premium Edition. Thanks to your information, I feel satisfied with my UK version of The Dragon Knight Saga. It would be nice to own a special version, but it seems that it would be more trouble than it's worth to track down a copy of a collector's/premium edition that includes English voices. That's OK - the most important thing is the gaming experience. I thank you for the information and the beautiful photo, Doug

apprentice
apprentice
The Premium Edition is still quite easy to find in Italy (I don't know if it was released in other states of the UE) but only at GameStop (probably it was a GS exclusive...) and I don't know if they ship to USA: LINK
However you have to consider that in our edition only the speech is in english and all the texts are in italian (subtitles, menus, inventory, books...), and since it doesn't have the action figure probably it doesn't worth to buy it.

BTW, HERE you can see the German Collector's Edition in details: the action figure looks very nice.

EDIT: I just find with Google that the French edition is 100% in french.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard