Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kensei Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I'm confused as to whether I can get Flames of Vengeance and have all the nice improvements, or I have to get the Dragon Knight Saga to get those as well as Flames of Vengeance??

I looked back through the forum and didn't come across a question such as this.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
If you already have Ego Draconis (ED - the original game) then you need to get Flames of Vengance (FoV) if you want to continue playing with your original character - the Dragon Knight Sage (DKS) is both games rolled into one, but it isn't compatible with the original ED save games.

So if you've played ED, then buy FoV in order to continue your game. If you haven't, then buy DKS in order to experience the "remastered" (e.g. much better) version of ED along with the expansion.

The FoV expansion is apparently the same regardless of whether you play ED/FoV or DKS - the only difference is in the original ED part. There are even reports that FoV saves are compatible with DKS saves (once you've reached the FoV part of the game) although I can't confirm this.

Kensei Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Trippy
If you already have Ego Draconis (ED - the original game) then you need to get Flames of Vengance (FoV) if you want to continue playing with your original character - the Dragon Knight Sage (DKS) is both games rolled into one, but it isn't compatible with the original ED save games.

So if you've played ED, then buy FoV in order to continue your game. If you haven't, then buy DKS in order to experience the "remastered" (e.g. much better) version of ED along with the expansion.

The FoV expansion is apparently the same regardless of whether you play ED/FoV or DKS - the only difference is in the original ED part. There are even reports that FoV saves are compatible with DKS saves (once you've reached the FoV part of the game) although I can't confirm this.

Thanks. Well I couldn't find the save games from my first time so I suppose the savegame issue isn't an issue.

My big question was about the revamp of the engine and all because I figured I would just replay the whole thing through again and I wanted all the new bells and whistles.

Seeing as DKS is $26USD and FoV is $19USD, just as well get DKS.

smile

stranger
stranger
DKS is 19.99 today on steam.

Not being able to import is a little...sad I guess.But oh well.

Kensei,

I understand your question. I had the same one, pretty much. I browsed the forums a while, took a look at the official sites, and decided to download DKS so I could have the "big deal." Getting DKS is like getting two games for one, as there's not much of a price difference. From what I've seen of the FoV of DKS, it's looking really good!

Just be forewarned that some people are having problems with "steam" downloads. I have read many threads of people having problems with that 'place', and that is part of why I decided to download my digital copy directly from Larian Store. I had checked Amazon, and a couple of other places listed by official Larian sites (I don't recall which one), but figured it would be best to just stay closest to the source (hehehehehe... did you get the pun?).

I hope this information helps you.

Also, I believe Trippy mentioned (as well as answered one of my questions that I posted within a couple hours ago) that if you get DKS, it will NOT be compatible with your disc Ego Draconis. I have regretfully had to let go of my awesome characters from ED, because I purchased DKS-- at the time I didn't know I wouldn't be able to keep previous characters. So, if you get DKS, you can start from the beginning, or start a new FoV character (which is what I did just because I wanted to see the new game). I am thinking, now that I know I can't use my previous ED characters, that I'll go back to the beginning w/ a DKS character, and see what kind of improvements were made. There was a lot of input given in the forums during the development of FoV, and the Larian folk kept a close eye on what was being said. Since they did that for me (okay, fine, "us"), I suppose I could go to the "trouble" of creating a new character from the beginning to play from start to finish laugh

I need more hours in a day! :p

All best, and I hope my information helps you.

~~CierraShore

"I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have LOTS of lives!"

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Nicou, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard