Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Trippy Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
T
I've been wandering what would happen if I hadn't found the necromancer or the crystal skull in Broken Valley and gained my creature.

Would I get my creature when I reached the battle tower? Would the battle-tower necromancer even be present?

I'm just curious - thanks in advance for any answers.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I an 100% positive that you can get it in the Tower, as that was what I did the first time I played. Completely missed the necromancer the first time.

EDIT - I may be wrong.

Last edited by T1nk3rb311; 02/01/11 11:06 AM.
T
Trippy Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
T
Thanks Tinkerbell - it's good to know people won't accidently miss out on a cool part of the game smile

T
stranger
stranger
T
WAIT!!!!!!!

I am confused. I believe you CAN miss it. Now that I remember, I actually re-loaded a save and completed all the side quests, but without the skull I could still get the necromancer, I just imagine even with him you'd still need the skull, and you'd probably need to complete that quest to do so.

I honestly don't know. :'(

Sorry for the confusion.

T
Trippy Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
T
NP - I nearly missed it myself (found it backtracking like you did), hence the question.

Larian seemed to put a lot of effort into your whole pet creature thing, so I wander if you can complete the game without even being aware of it? Plus, of course, it makes great meatshield for a Mage build wink

enthusiast
enthusiast
With my Ranger, I do the Vigor Mort quest just for the exp and never youch my creature again. I don't upgrade him or summon. I just sell all the parts I find. He's always in between me and my foe and blocking my shots. Yes, I tried both melee and ranged. His AI needs a lot of work. I kill so much faster w/o him. It was funny and I used him back in ED when he'd urinate every 10 seconds.

I'd like to close by quoting Bellegar's famous last rhyme:

"Cursed be the mother that bred thee!
The wench must have been a hell-spawned banshee!"
T
Trippy Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by Shaver
He's always in between me and my foe and blocking my shots.

Maybe for a ranger, but I know you've played as mage before, so you must appreciate the advantage your creature gives when all your attacks are guided/automatic hits. Your creature levels up when you do, and with the right "perfectly preserved" pieces it can soak up serious damage, although it doesn't seem to be able to cause much damage on its own.

Originally Posted by Shaver
It was funny and I used him back in ED when he'd urinate every 10 seconds.

I remember that! He stopped making those "gestures" when I reached the FoV expansion, but thanks for reminding me, it made me smile smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Quite right. With a mage, he's more useful as a tank. That's because I could never get my mage as powerful as my Ranger tho. Rangers are uber as I've said many times before.

I'd like to close by quoting Bellegar's famous last rhyme:

"Cursed be the mother that bred thee!
The wench must have been a hell-spawned banshee!"
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by T1nk3rb311
WAIT!!!!!!!

I am confused. I believe you CAN miss it. Now that I remember, I actually re-loaded a save and completed all the side quests, but without the skull I could still get the necromancer, I just imagine even with him you'd still need the skull, and you'd probably need to complete that quest to do so.

I honestly don't know. :'(

Sorry for the confusion.

No need for panic wink

The first time I also miss the Skull (don't find it) and when I had my Battle Tower, the Necromancer there give me a Skull ! smile

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
journeyman
journeyman
the creature thing doesnt help me mush in dks or fov. same with shaver. i sell all the limbs

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
I started on ED on PC and made my first creature with Naberius and used it to help[ take out the two black ring in the mine office that you are not supposed to do until you get to Orobas fjords. I think they were level 27 and I was level 15. Anyway he fought really well and didn't get killed until the four black ring turned up to kill Williams, at which point I gave up and shortly after bought DKS for xbox and didn't make a creature until Orobas in Svadilfaris cave with all the goblins. He sat on the floor and scratched and sniffed until I died. The second time he went and peed on one of the tent things, so I died again. That is not what I expected, and not an improvement. Funny, but not an improvement. I haven't bothered since, but if he had performed like the first one, that was a very useful bunny.

veteran
veteran
That's strange think

Maybe you must first speak some "nice friendly" words to your creature so he will begin to fight for you ? wink

Say : "Good kitty" to him ... or something.
biggrin

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard