Print Thread
#434049 03/01/11 10:10 PM
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Hello,

I am bewildered from the system requirement to have a dual-core processor at minimum when the game does not use any of my second core proc. time.

I have an i3-540 CPU and a "Nvidia" GTS 250 GPU and this was no issue until I read about a way to make diagonals at last look like lines through an external application (Nvidia inspector). I received a steady 'income' of circa 70 fps, but after enabling 4x multisample antialiasing the frame rate dropped to 10 fps.

My question is" Is it true that the game does not support multitasking?

Thanks.

P.S. In this thread multitasking Ragon_der_Magier writes that Divinity II has multithreading, but I do not see it.

P.S. My CPU is actually running on 4.5 GHz with no problems so far.

BugMeNot #434119 04/01/11 09:32 AM
veteran
veteran
but after enabling 4x multisample antialiasing the frame rate dropped to 10 fps.

^-> this, my friend, has nothing to do with "multitasking". The game's engine just not optimized for any form of "true" AA (FSAA/MSAA,SSAA, etc), thus, the performance is terrible. Also, it's just your imagination: there is no difference between multisampling AA or Supersampling AA in the game. Just because AA does not work at all.

Kein #434153 04/01/11 03:43 PM
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
After enforcing antialiasing visually there was a significant difference, where supersampling showed even better picture, but FPS dropped to around 5.

Still does Divinity 2 support multitasking?

BugMeNot #434283 05/01/11 11:55 AM
veteran
veteran
Yes, the game supports multithreading and uses it a lot. You can notice significant performance increase on Core2Quad/Corei7 compare to Core2Duo.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard