Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
apprentice
apprentice
@Weedo - Life Drain - find it useful? I'm watching the log and it seems to be useless as the percentage is SO LOW...

Some monsters I can tear through quick, others appear that I'm barely doing damage to (summon masters?) and take a while to burn down (while ranged wankers are tearing me up).

Also, how are you set up to do damage, do you try for pure melee or do you rely on magic? What I mean by that is... weapons will have either melee damage, magic, or both.

With my current game, I notice my toon's damage is listed higher for magic if I opt for weapons that list magic as the higher damage range.

apprentice
apprentice
Nice build Weedo, thx for sharing smile

I'm planing on a similar build myself for my "return" to the game character.

Took some time off from the original a while back (didn't make it very far unfortunately) and now I'm back with a copy of DKS!

Sure it will be a fun time smile

Regards & Good Hunting!

"believe in what gods you may, but TRUST in cold hard steel!"
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
lvl 15 Mage here.

Magic missle ftw lol

nuke , back flip, nuke, hide, nuke , hide +

victory!

I like "run for my life" build because it seem a bit fun and challenging, instead of button smashing hack n slash mode. : D

Last edited by Condor; 21/01/11 02:29 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
I capped regenerate , life leech , dual wield , battle rage and curse.
one point in rush attack just to get in fast.
It's so overpowered. i had no trouble whatsoever true the entire game (fov that is)
i should turn the difficulty up :p
I hit 3k with battle rage on. huge crits make it even easier :p

W
stranger
stranger
W
@Weedo - Life Drain - find it useful?

Life Leach is useful for healing yourself specialy when your dmg is high enough the little percentage can become half or more your High Points. (we're talking btw 20-30%) I have 1 in heal for these rare cases where enemy dmg can become opressing. (usually when fighting a lot of enemies at once)

Also, how are you set up to do damage, do you try for pure melee or do you rely on magic? What I mean by that is... weapons will have either melee damage, magic, or both.

As melee dual wield you want to have very high physical dmg the magical dmg you may eventually get from weapons is just a bonus. Enchant both weapons with 100 PHYS/DMG and if it allow more than 1 ench get CRIT%(Butcher) or MAG/DMG as secondary enchants.

Some monsters I can tear through quick, others appear that I'm barely doing damage to (summon masters?) and take a while to burn down (while ranged wankers are tearing me up).

When you max up your physical dmg that problem doesn't occur and against ranged enemies use line of sight (hide behind cover) they will come to you and at that point they're dead. In some cases where there are too many of them the best option is to pull them back (in places like flying fortresses) but most of the time you can rush and hack and slash.

Last edited by Weedo; 09/02/11 01:20 AM.
G
journeyman
journeyman
G
Way of the Ranger
Ranger Strenght
Splitting Arrows

Game suddenly becomes easy. Splitting arrow is as deadly against groups as it is against single opponents - it can oneshot bosses on Nightmare difficulty!

Exploding Arrow is also appreciated, but with Way of the Ranger I find my arrows dealing more damage when they crit.

A
veteran
veteran
A
I don't build.

I play.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
D
stranger
stranger
D
My first ever playthrough, hit level 30 last night and my build is a warrior/priest sort of thing.

Mainly rely on my sword. I have high vitality and strenght, wield a sword and shield and charge into battle. In big fights though I like to raise my numbers. I wull usualy use my creature, summon a demon and charm an enemy, then run about hacking to pieces anything that dares attack me!

I also spent 1 point into evade to get 10% chance, but only the 1 point as each point after that only gains you 2% so seemed like a 1 point wonder to me! And I also like to use the wall of fire, good in AoE situations combined with a whirlwind

369 Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by GabeN
Way of the Ranger
Ranger Strenght
Splitting Arrows

Game suddenly becomes easy. Splitting arrow is as deadly against groups as it is against single opponents - it can oneshot bosses on Nightmare difficulty!

Exploding Arrow is also appreciated, but with Way of the Ranger I find my arrows dealing more damage when they crit.

That was the exact same build I had for my female ranger! Annihilate them at range, but should a pesky melee fighter get in your face, just unload all the arrows from splitting arrows into them at once...one shot kill, 99% of the time, (assuming way of the ranger hasn't just run out!)

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Yes, the ranger with good skills is unstoppable. I also develop death blow skill ( more crit chance)

G
journeyman
journeyman
G
Ah, yeah, completely forgot about Death Blow - this skill is a must! Every Splitted Arrow also has odds for crit I think, and even Exploding Arrow crits - use it!

old hand
old hand
My character: Plain warrior build with two handed sword.

No magic.
No ranger skills.
Just warrior skills.

If I recall, his HP was WAY pass 1000 by the expansion.

Last edited by Demonic; 09/02/11 02:59 PM.
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
well my build is simple.

lvl 40 mob does 4 dmg to and i 1 shot them.

I'm a missile mage, pew pew! hahahahah!

Just finished the game for the first time with an easy character on Normal difficulty: Fireball at 15 , Destruction at 8, Exploding Arrow at 15 and Way of the Ranger at 13, also Healing at 11 and Strength of the Ranger at 9. And still 15 free skill points.

Attributes were 18 Life, 8 Willpower, 2 Strength, 12 Dexterity and 10 Intelligence with Armor and level 46!
At the end I still had all attribute points (197) to assign. This creates some very tough fights.

I just love mage archers.

Next character will be a priest/warrior and I doubt he can get through the game without increasing attributes.

Last edited by Blablabla; 10/02/11 09:04 AM.
J
stranger
stranger
J
Originally Posted by Darien
Originally Posted by hQ62
im a melee type person.slash and hack as the ancient Spartans and samurai's never used bow as it is not honorable.

Actually, samurai used bows all the time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyudo

Anyway, as for my favorite build I'd have to say a pure mage. Something about raining down magical death while not even having to wear a melee weapon makes me feel awesome.

Although I have not played this game yet, in my experience from other games, mages are the bomb. There is nothing like simply putting one's hand in the air and causing someone or a group of attackers' demise. The more I read on this forum, the more interested I am in playing this game. Mages rock though...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard