Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#434606 07/01/11 01:27 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi smile
I'm building a second Character, the first one is a mage with the Aleroth complete Set...now I'm building a Warrior.
I don't know which Set I should choose...
Scorpion or Ulthring ?
The first one is a complete set, the second is a 4 pieces set, but seems good...what if I mix the two Sets ?
4 pieces of Ulthring and the rest pieces of Scorpion ?
Thank you again

[Linked Image]
W
stranger
stranger
W
The Ulthring set is higher level than the Scorpion one.
There are more enchantment and charm slots in Ulthring set and there are less pieces needed to have a complete set bonus.
Having a free choice for jewellery is really a high boost for when you're lvl 30+
And the 3 skills the Ulthring set gives allow you to respecc and gain 3 skill points.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Ok thanks, I figured the Ulthring Set was better than the Scorpion.
Bye laugh

[Linked Image]
O
apprentice
apprentice
O
I wore the Annihilator armor set until almost lvl 28..and it's a lvl 15 armor !

It hands down beat anything I could find until the end game armor ..

People say I'm crazy..but the voices in my head say I'm just fine.
P
stranger
stranger
P
Which end game armor are you talking about? I just finished the divinity 2 part, and I didn't find any other armor. Or are you talking about some armor that you get after you return to aleroth?

stranger
stranger
Ultimately ulfthring is prob best till you are in FoV. Then you can get and customise the class sets; archer/viper/wizard.

While some folk seem to think ulfthring and hunter/scorpion/aleroth are better I prefer the class specific boosts from the 3 FoV sets as it let's you re-skill out a lot of points into stuff you may not be normally looking at e.g. Mana eff, bleed, summon demon for archers. Ex arrow, pot eff, again demon for warrior etc.

Haddock-Ken?
stranger
stranger
I found two pieces of the Ulfthring armour in Stone's Flying Fortress - are the other two pieces there? Or are they elsewhere?

veteran
veteran

None of them. Sets became useless in DKS, you can spawn RED items and make them much more better than any set.

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Originally Posted by Kein

None of them. Sets became useless in DKS

Quite wrong (again). You can piece together great gear by combing all sorts of epic/legendary/elder etc items, but the bonus of wearing a full set is never to be underestimated.

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
veteran
veteran
Exactly what I'm saying. I have combined unique/legendary gear that is better with stats than any set with it' bonus. So much better that you see the bonus (static one, btw, other items stats generated according to your level) of set gear is useless.

Ofc, for some period the set could be helpful, but I suggest to do not waste minerals and charms on those.

Last edited by Kein; 29/01/11 01:23 PM.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard