Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#434834 09/01/11 04:51 PM
X
Xavien Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
X
I have to say im very suprised that in all my 20 years of gaming the flames of vengence is the only expansion that there isnt a walkthrough for on the entire net. A real shame as it looks like im going to have to give up on this game now. If i posted here everytime i wanted help the mods would have to dedicate a whole forum to me frown I found alot of the quests very difficult to find in ego draconis but at least there are alot of guides around to help.

I dont really have the patience to spend time running around for hours on end looking for the answers to puzzles, it really is the most fustrating game ive ever played through. Shame really as theres alot of fun to have in the game to.

Xavien #434835 09/01/11 05:00 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Use this thread then. Personally, I'm a completionist and I've done every quest in the game and have every achievement. Post whatever you're having trouble with and I'll do my best to help when I get back in a few hours.

Darien #434837 09/01/11 05:13 PM
X
Xavien Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
X
I appricate the offer Darien but one of the problems with the game is that to complete certain quests sometimes you have to do others first, for example i dont see a way of doing "spectre at the feast" without first stopping the tree from lightening bolting everything that goes past it, and with nearly 20 quests on my list......

What would have made the game much more logical is to at least post a way point or make a way of having an "Active Quest" marker so at least there would be a hint of where to go.

I would be happy just to get the main quests done (and any side quests i have to do in order to complete the main objectives)

Xavien #434844 09/01/11 07:04 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Behrlihn gives you a hint about that tree after you speak to it the first time.
What you have to do is find the three men turned into vegetables and get their door passwords. After that, go to the prancing seahorse and pull the levers behind each of their doors. The barrier will disappear, allowing you into the forbidden archives where among other things, you'll find the elvish alphabet which will allow you to understand the tree.

Darien #434846 09/01/11 07:26 PM
X
Xavien Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
X
Thanks Darien. Can anyone list the quests i need to do to get the main story line finished so i can skip the rest?

Xavien #434848 09/01/11 07:44 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Let's see, for the main questline I believe you just need the 5 clue items: Gula's book, Haliwell's pendant, the Engineer's sword, the Maxos bracelet, and zombie Jake's ring.

For Gula's book, once you get to the crow's nest enter the sewer and go where the quest leads you after that.

For Haliwell's pendant, go to the forbidden archives I mentioned in my last post and you'll find a spell to remove the demon's grip barrier. Read the spell outside the door upstairs in the Circle of Trust Inn and you'll find Haliwell.

For the Engineer's sword, go to the Crow's Nest all the way in the back and you'll find a cavern entrance. Take it and it's pretty straightforward from there.

For the Maxos bracelet, look around the walls in the city for little iron rungs surrounded by red light. Pulling those will activate runes on the wall leading to lanilor lane. Once all are lit, talk to the guy in white near the runes. Use the sequence he mentions in the conversation with the dragon-head statue not far away. Straightforward from there.

Finally, for Jake's Ring you simply have to solve the investigation at Madame Eve's which is fairly straightforward.

Darien #434870 09/01/11 11:55 PM
W
stranger
stranger
W
I have found the Order of the Viper Cuirass by mindreading Balbus at the Circle of Trust Inn. Darien would you share how to get the rest of the set please?

Darien #434871 09/01/11 11:56 PM
stranger
stranger
Hi Darien,

I have done all but 2 quests (before I saved and entered the next chapter. Along the way I have missed a few chests and doo. It was frustrating to walk around Luxurious's home not being able to open the last chest. I need help to finish the Kelton cure quest as well as Caracella's revenge quest. I am also can not open some doors/gates in the Wild Willows Sanatarium. There is a chest outdoors in the same area. I can go back and finish these quests as I am also methodical in completing quests/games.

My real question here is this: I am in the next chapter that is the onsolt thru the Black Ring to Damien. I need help with this! There has to be some tacic, etc. rather than just plowing thru the islands. I did both senarios but choose Belegar as I thought he was less evil.

Looking forward to your answers,

MadGar The Great
X
Xavien Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
X
Phew well just finished it, thanks Darien for your help, also used the search function here to help with the orbs bit. The last section was hectic not sure i fancy going through that again to see the alternative.

I might do the other quests at a later date if i get some time on my hands but i think i will go play dragon age for a rest smile thanks again for the help

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by MadGar The Great
Hi Darien,

I have done all but 2 quests (before I saved and entered the next chapter. Along the way I have missed a few chests and doo. It was frustrating to walk around Luxurious's home not being able to open the last chest. I need help to finish the Kelton cure quest as well as Caracella's revenge quest. I am also can not open some doors/gates in the Wild Willows Sanatarium. There is a chest outdoors in the same area. I can go back and finish these quests as I am also methodical in completing quests/games.

My real question here is this: I am in the next chapter that is the onsolt thru the Black Ring to Damien. I need help with this! There has to be some tacic, etc. rather than just plowing thru the islands. I did both senarios but choose Belegar as I thought he was less evil.

Looking forward to your answers,

Off the top of my head, if you're talking about the skeleton guy being troubled by a demon, you find one of the ritual murder scenes like the one upstairs in the phoenix inn (hell, it might even be that exact room, can't recall) and you should see some unlit candles around the circle of blood. Light them and a demon will appear. Mindread and kill him and his blood will automatically be in your inventory. Give that to the skeleton dude and he should be cured.

As for Caracalla's Revenge, remember to loot his key off his corpse in the market area for a chest in the last room. As for actually progressing through the house, the key is lighting the candles.

For Wild Willows, I believe that's the Asylum? It's kind of tricky. I actually missed this on my first playthrough. After you enter and make the first right and come into that large hall, go left and you should see some pressure plates next to the wall. Step on one and nothing will happen. Try to leave the way you came and a bandit will threaten you. Propose to work together and he'll stand on the other pressure plate, revealing a new area. Or you can kill him and loot the key to the cage in the first room. You can then free that guy and have him stand on the pressure plate.

For the chest outside, I'm not sure if I'm thinking of the same chest you are but if it is, facing the front of the chest go right and up and the wall should make a little corner where the key will be laying.

As for the final aerial battle, remember that the game automatically unequips your dragon armor and gives you no-stat bone armor. Your original dragon armor will be put in your inventory, I suggest putting on the chest and legs at least for +40% offense/defense and HP/MP. For strategy, I honestly just focused on destroying all the towers, got way ahead of the zeppelin and finished with no damage done to the zeppelin. Just remember to attack nest towers first, summon your wyvern and use wrath of the patriarch only on large clusters of towers. Oh, and remember to destroy every single ballistae before moving on to the next group of towers. With the slow speed the zeppelin travels at, you'll have plenty of time.

I can't recall what was with Luxurious' chest, but I'll hop back ingame and see if I can remember.

Edit: Actually found the answer to this one in another thread. Apparently if you take Tom's finger and get in that way, the general will open that chest for you. I've never taken that route (always went in through Taurus' house) so I wouldn't have known that. Amazes me that no matter how many times I play through, there's always something new to discover.

Last edited by Darien; 10/01/11 12:52 AM.
Weedo #434884 10/01/11 12:47 AM
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Weedo
I have found the Order of the Viper Cuirass by mindreading Balbus at the Circle of Trust Inn. Darien would you share how to get the rest of the set please?

There's a listing of the FoV sets posted here: http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=426285&#Post426285

You can also find information on the lower level sets on the third page.

Edit: Hmm, I probably should have added this to the last post, but oh well.

Last edited by Darien; 10/01/11 12:48 AM.
Darien #434890 10/01/11 01:33 AM
C
stranger
stranger
C
lets see... already beat it but didn't find some things.

how to open the 2nd troll door in the cave with the 5 alchemy potions?
what happens if I give hansel his diary?
is it right to tell the girl to break up with the guy in hansels house?
to kill or not to kill the bandits den and the guy outside it?
to help or not the necromancer wizard guy get the 3 ghosts?
I failed the chef cochbrule quest. but I found a 2nd cheese. point?

charliedk #434892 10/01/11 01:43 AM
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by charliedk
lets see... already beat it but didn't find some things.

how to open the 2nd troll door in the cave with the 5 alchemy potions?
what happens if I give hansel his diary?
is it right to tell the girl to break up with the guy in hansels house?
to kill or not to kill the bandits den and the guy outside it?
to help or not the necromancer wizard guy get the 3 ghosts?
I failed the chef cochbrule quest. but I found a 2nd cheese. point?

For the troll cave, there should be a key in the corridor leading up to the fork in the path. On the floor somewhere, if I remember correctly. As for the second cheese, I don't believe there is a use for it. For the black market guys, I recommend getting in and seeing if the merchants in there have anything you want, and then killing them. The rest of those are purely moral choices and have virtually no difference in reward.

charliedk #434893 10/01/11 01:47 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Lol charliedk, that's WHY the game lets you save and reload. If I haven't explored every possible scenario, if I haven't beaten every possible ending, if I haven't scored 100% on exploration, I've lost money on the games I played.

I'd like to close by quoting Bellegar's famous last rhyme:

"Cursed be the mother that bred thee!
The wench must have been a hell-spawned banshee!"
Shaver #434899 10/01/11 02:42 AM
W
stranger
stranger
W
Thanks for the useful information.

Weedo #435114 11/01/11 12:22 PM
stranger
stranger
I found 5 orbs but i don't know which rune do i put them ,,pleas help me

vasile #435126 11/01/11 01:50 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by vasile
I found 5 orbs but i don't know which rune do i put them ,,pleas help me

Darien #435187 12/01/11 01:04 AM
W
stranger
stranger
W
Originally Posted by Darien
[quote=MadGar The Great]
As for Caracalla's Revenge, remember to loot his key off his corpse in the market area for a chest in the last room. As for actually progressing through the house, the key is lighting the candles.

Ok I'm lighting the candles but the doors don't open. Can you be more detailed about this? How many candles? Anything to loot or any hidden buttons? There are 2 obvious candles that I lighten but I can't find the next step to progress in this house (Crowell's house)

Weedo #435192 12/01/11 01:25 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
It depends how advanced you are. The first time you have two candles (I think) and an hidden button to use (follow the blood indications on the walls). In the second room, you have four candles to lighten.

"The Frenglais does déjà exist. Many gens are parling this langue" Barta
Weedo #435193 12/01/11 01:37 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by VictorTan86
Ok, I assume this is the quest for the spectre named Caracalla?

For me, I entered the house and had the dialogue with Caracalla. Then I proceeded to the barred gate on my right, lit both candles and saw the arrow pointing to my right. I went back to where I entered the house and I saw a huge X on the wall. On the left of the X, there is a small button you can press to 'fade' the wall away. Pull the lever in the newly discovered room and the barred gate will open.

Read the note left by the dead champion and take the key from his body. Head to the other door which hasn't been opened and discover another body. Read the note as it is important. Ok, on the left there is a room which has a barred gate and two candles. Light both candles (I don't know what effect it does, but heck just did it anyway). Now head on till you see 4 candles on both left and right sides of the wall, light them up and a passageway will appear.

Go on till you finish the boss fight. Step on the portal and you will be teleported to the room which was locked earlier on.

Inside there are 3 chests, you can lockpick 2 of them but Caracalla's chest is locked correct? So to unlock his chest, YOU MUST REMEMBER to TAKE the KEY from his burning corpse at Great Market Square where you first met him.

Oh and by the way, you need not teleport back to the boss room to get out. There is a button near the barred gate which opens it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard