Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Hi,

Does anyone know if the locations of Divine Charms have changed between Ego Draconis and Dragon Knight Saga? I read on this forum that Laiken always drops a Divine Charm, yet after killing him over 10 times [not an exaggeration] the best I saw was a blessed [and it was in Razakel's bag]. Most of the time he has creature parts and either some jewellary or Lesser Charms.

If the locations have changed, does anyone know where a list of the new locations are?

Cheers,
The Sletch.

Support
Support

Did you midread Laiken and then check the chest behind the throne? IIRC that is where the divine charm should be (or at least was in D2:ED).

enthusiast
enthusiast
Mindreading Laiken nets you his pocketknife. The one he uses in his necromanthic experiments.

I'd like to close by quoting Bellegar's famous last rhyme:

"Cursed be the mother that bred thee!
The wench must have been a hell-spawned banshee!"
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Raze

Did you midread Laiken and then check the chest behind the throne? IIRC that is where the divine charm should be (or at least was in D2:ED).

According to an FAQ I read to double check - Laiken should drop 1, and his chest should have 2 additional ones. The chest has his sword and a few other random items, but no Divine Charms, and he doesn't have them either.

Maybe I just have the worst luck in the world for random drops?

Support
Support

That may just have been a change in DKS. Lancet is waiting on the US Xbox release of DKS before he can update his D2:ED FAQ.

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Raze

That may just have been a change in DKS. Lancet is waiting on the US Xbox release of DKS before he can update his D2:ED FAQ.

Fair enough. I didn't realise it wasn't available in the US - usually us Aussies don't get something unless it also has had a US release.

Just my inner obsessive compulsive packrat coming out here - I'm sure it won't make a difference in the endgame or anything.

Support
Support

All the North American publishers wanted to wait for sales results from the rest of the world before deciding if they wished to publish DKS for Xbox, or do a physical PC release in the US. We are expecting an announcement from the as-yet-unknown publisher 'soon' about the release date.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Juat killed Laiken in my second playthrough of DKS.

Mindread him first,no divine charms in either loot bag or chest behind throne.

Think I remember some in ED though.

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
DKS is definitely different - in ED there was 12 Divine Charms in total [according to Lancet Jades FAQ], but in DKS I found that many in Stones Flying Fortress alone, so I'm guessing there is simply many more of them in the game, just slightly later.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by TheSletch
DKS is definitely different - in ED there was 12 Divine Charms in total [according to Lancet Jades FAQ], but in DKS I found that many in Stones Flying Fortress alone, so I'm guessing there is simply many more of them in the game, just slightly later.

Hm, that makes me wonder if Divine Charms could be randomly generated in DKS. In ED, all Divine Charms were in pre-determined locations, and only the ones in Rayhun's and Geshniz's golden chests randomly appeared. If they made the charms random loot in later areas, that would possibly explain why they removed them as drops from bosses and other sources (since the charms themselves are no longer as sacred, or should I say, "Divine").

And yeah, for those wondering, my guide is specifically for ED only (the US Xbox version specifically, if it matters). I updated it to include a specific "I haven't played DKS since it isn't out in the US yet, so use with caution" statement in the About section at the top. I'll be writing a DKS version when it's released here, but until then, the Divinity 2 world will have to do without.

I put a lot of time into investigating everything in the guide quite thoroughly, however, so if I say something always drops (such as Laiken's Divine Charm in ED), it ALWAYS does. I had killed Laiken dozens of times (checking drops and so forth, for whatever reason), and never did he fail to drop a Divine Charm. So if something in DKS doesn't match up to my guide, it's a safe bet it was changed.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard