#435579 15/01/11 07:38 PM
C
Cygon Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Hi!

While the game has at times been really though, until this fight there you could always improvise - draw some enemies away, go around a corner and let them come to you, etc.

I don't see any chance whatsoever with Ba'al!

My hero is level 35, I've got the best equipment I could find, but as soon as I enter the room, I hear this "boom-boom-bang" shot that will hit you no matter whether you're behind cover or not, my health goes 900-600-300-dead within one second.

In several dozen attempts, the most damage I could cause him was 2. Which he suffered while I was already dead.

Is there some quest I have to go through to weaken him or something?

Support
Support

Unfortunately this is a bug; there is no trick or quest you have to do first.
Do you have the second patch for DKS installed? That will prevent the problem, but I think if it has already happened you may have to send your save in to Larian (support@larian.com) to get it fixed (include a description of the problem and maybe a link to this topic).

Lowering the difficulty temporarily should reduce the damage done by Ba'al and make him more vulnerable to your attacks.
Can you try using Hide In Shadows (or if a lower difficulty allows you to live long enough, maybe just keep moving and focus on the archers and summoners around the outer part of that chamber), and see if your creature and/or a summon can take Ba'al out?

[Not Sure if Bug][Spoilers]Killed Instantly

journeyman
journeyman
Ive notice this on several guys through playing the game multiple times it seems to be a random boss each time that will really give it to you and i am patched up to date sorry i really cant help but maybe try to reload to a save piont go to the tower or some other area then come back that soemtimes helps

Save Save and Save some more
stranger
stranger
For me, this happened while fighting Laiken's fun-puppet again in the Hall of Echoes. Made me pretty pissed, had to redo it about 5 times before i lucked out and it attacked my creature, so i could Fireball/slice it to death.

C
Cygon Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Thanks for the tips! I've got the Steam version of DKS, the executable says 1.4.9.70.

Seeing that it is a bug, I decided to use CheatEngine to freeze my health at max for this one fight. Got me past Ba'al and indeed, the other Bosses that followed, including Ba'al's second incarnation were manageable again smile

stranger
stranger
I dont see how 35 lvl maxed character can have problems even with a bit bugged boss;P I also had this issue with few bosses but most likely what i did was dodge,jump next to him --> split arrows --> sayonara. This is such a cheat;/

Also for Laiken's pet,use shield that u aquired to be "protected" in hall of echoes and suddenly their damage will fall down.

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
ah,Velsu, but it is instant magical damage without any magical projective. It make instant damage even it you are hidden and you can not dodge it.

I have that on
Stone flying fortress arena, 3 bosses defeated without problem,

I walked to last one, BANG,BANG,BANG i'm death. you can't do nothing to avoid that. Or i don't know how to avoid that.

stranger
stranger
Happened to me only 1-2 times. Its pretty weird that you are getting it all the time. Try lowering difficulty/increasing magic resistance. I also had this problem but managed to survive first hit for 1300ish with my 90 vit and life point enchants,then just without trying to heal myself jumped next to the boss and used splitting arrows for instant kill.

But yeah,dunno if its same spell all around but remember i could avoid it by constantly running and rolling on the floor. There was no projectile,but boss couldnt target me that way.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Velsu
I dont see how 35 lvl maxed character can have problems even with a bit bugged boss;P I also had this issue with few bosses but most likely what i did was dodge,jump next to him --> split arrows --> sayonara. This is such a cheat;/

Also for Laiken's pet,use shield that u aquired to be "protected" in hall of echoes and suddenly their damage will fall down.

That's just it, i did, and she was the only one doing massive damage. The memory-eaters or whatever and other bosses were tame roaches, except Laiken's Rumpy-Pumpy.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Heh, they were all easy for me, except that black ring general with a portal by maxos' temple. She and her henchmen had these nasty fireballs that killed me in seconds. Also, there was a chest that was trapped to a fireball when I opened it. That was instant death too.

stranger
stranger
Heh, would that be the
Gremory
Chest perhaps? If so, you need to do more
mindreads on the Gremory family
to discover everything about the chest ^.^

stranger
stranger
I died once, you have to keep moving and take out his helpers first and have your pet working with you. Make you have a couple higher postion also. Oh hide behind the columns when you can to recharge

Last edited by Littlesparrow; 24/01/11 04:22 PM.
stranger
stranger
I had the same problem with Ba'al and Geshniz, and there is no way to kill them. Any kind of spell they or their minions shot at me was insta-kill, and Ba'al always starts with a magic blast right after the dialog ends, with zero opportunity to avoid being hit.

I've sent my savegame to the support team and they fixed the problem. While I really appreciate the attention, it would make me an even happier costumer if they release a patch fixing that issue once and for all. I don't theink that there is any other game stopping bug out there, at least I've played for almost 70 hours and found none.

This is an amazing game that I plan to play again sometime after I finish the main game and the expansion, and I would enjoy it even better knowing that this kind of bug will not hinder my progress anymore.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard