Print Thread
T
Tipps Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I just noticed I can buy this on Steam.

I have Ego Draconis for 360, and my opinion of it was.... it was bearable.

My question is this: are there any major gameplay changes from the 360 version to PC version?

A good example is Dragon Age II. Combat is (going to be) way different on the 360 than it is on PC.
Is it like that for this game? Or are they basically the same gameplay mechanics.

So... it was decent enough that I wanted to finish it, but I'd rather play the newer version. I would rather have it for PC than 360.

Does anyone know?

journeyman
journeyman
im not sure about game mechanics on 360 but from what i understand if you want to play the fov expansion youll have to do it on pc if u live in usa . I tend to prefer games like this on pc anyways you might find a deal on eother steam or direct to drive i Picked up the 3pack for steam for 27.00 dollars and thought it was well worth it

Save Save and Save some more
Support
Support

There are a few gameplay differences between D2:ED and DKS (flying fortresses redesigned, most anti-dragon shields removed, changes to loot and enemy placement, etc). I have not played the PC version of D2:ED or DKS, but I'm pretty sure the main difference between the PC and Xbox versions are the interface, controls and camera; the actual game content is the same.

An Xbox version of DKS will be released in North America (along with a physical PC release in the US), but we are still waiting on an official announcement from the publisher, and last we heard Larian still working on the finishing touches.

Welcome to the forum. wave

T
Tipps Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Well, thank you very much for the replies. I still can't decide if I should get it or not. I wonder if they will add anything to the import comin here to the states...

stranger
stranger
On the PC version I think I have to quit about 10% in because I can't jump well enough. Really stupid to confuse the RPG market with the ActionBoy market. I'll probably never buy another game from this publisher. Really too bad because many aspects of the game are fabulous.

I've been playing these game so long that I started back when I was screwing your mother.
Support
Support

In general I find it much easier to jump with a gamepad than the keyboard and mouse (though it is easy enough to use a gamepad on a PC, as well). Normally I dislike platform jumping in games, but in D2:ED (on the Xbox) I didn't have much trouble (even got the timed jumps in the optional derelict mine puzzle after a few tries).

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Interesting, I am playing DKS on PC and had absolutely no trouble with jumping anywhere, the puzzles are easy.

stranger
stranger
With the PC version you get to enjoy collective punishment in form av Securom and limited activations. The developers and publishers of this game thinks that it´s a good idea to let the paying customers suffer because their focus on the ones not paying.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard