Print Thread
#435753 17/01/11 01:09 AM
G
gkoef Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
I have been doing Flames of Vengeance for about 6 hours now and all it seems to be is mainly finding invisible switches and the only way of finding out about most of these switches is via this forum. Its almost as bad as the first Metal Gear Solid when you had to make a dog urinate on cardbourd box so it was safe to hide under lol. In the 6 hours of gameplay I haven't even gained a level after the first adventure of DKS

The first adventure I would give 10/10, probably the best RPG I have played on a PC and Xbox360. The second adventure I am only giving 1/10 so far

I am in the Medicine room in the asylum at the moment looking for a pesky switch and have been looking for it for an hour now (1/6th of gameplay).

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Well.. to calm you anger a tinny bit:

You need to mindread this insane man who thinks he is a bird

apprentice
apprentice
The key to a good FoV game is mindread.

But the location of the last button for Rune Handles quest made me a very sad maid indeed.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Meidosan
...But the location of the last button for Rune Handles quest made me a very sad maid indeed.
I agree, that was nasty. I finally gave up and Gooogled it. Then it turned out that the German map I found was wrong too. Took me a long while to find that dang thing aargh

I'd like to close by quoting Bellegar's famous last rhyme:

"Cursed be the mother that bred thee!
The wench must have been a hell-spawned banshee!"
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Shaver
Originally Posted by Meidosan
...But the location of the last button for Rune Handles quest made me a very sad maid indeed.
I agree, that was nasty. I finally gave up and Gooogled it. Then it turned out that the German map I found was wrong too. Took me a long while to find that dang thing aargh

I'm glad it wasn't just me. The location of the "final" switch did rather add insult to injury...

J'aime le fromage.
R
stranger
stranger
R
I agree completely-- the first game was somewhat ridiculous with scanning every pixel for a secret switch. This expansion is even more of that. Plus some keys are underneath garbage crates that you have to break to find-- and I swore I wouldn't break every crate this time. I'm sorry I'm not the type of person that likes doing this. Overall the expansion is disappointing.

stranger
stranger
I didnt have problems with any hidden buttons in the game. Mindreading and understanding is the key i guess. Or just good eyes...

Rune handles quest didnt give me any troubles either,took me like 10 mins from time i took it to complete and i was just roaming doing quests anyway. I find expansion more enjoyable than main game tho,Aleroth is a cool place.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah, right!

I'd like to close by quoting Bellegar's famous last rhyme:

"Cursed be the mother that bred thee!
The wench must have been a hell-spawned banshee!"
journeyman
journeyman
i really did have a problem either with the runes i kinda lucked out and just stumbled into the one by ministry

Save Save and Save some more
apprentice
apprentice
Well, at least you can take solace in the fact that you do not have to activate all the runes to advance to the Maxos Temple(Maybe you don't even need to activate the runes at all, but I haven't tried this out as of yet). Same with the "to find a wizard" quest line, I apparently missed out on one of the clues during my first play through, decided that I'm not herping through that steaming pile of derp, just guessed where the final orb should go and jumped into the Antideluvian pit once I got lucky. Whereas in other games you'd most likely be doomed to consult a guide to move on if the same thing happens.

G
gkoef Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
I am reversing what I said before. Now I am enjoying the game again LOL.

M
addict
addict
M
This forum desperatly needs a "like" system like there is on facebook XD

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by gkoef
I am reversing what I said before. Now I am enjoying the game again LOL.

You might change the subject from "I am annoyed with this game" to "I looooooooove this game soooo much!" hehe

wink

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by melianos
This forum desperatly needs a "like" system like there is on facebook XD

Or... visit Facebook here smile

M
addict
addict
M
I am already there, liking you (in French it's loving you, which might feel... peculiar) smile
It was more for this particular topic, going from annoyed to enjoying.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Actually I agree with op. I have always loved Divinity and played the games endlessly, trying different classes. But the Expansion is somewhat annoying. BAsically you have to read everybody's mind meaning you are splattering your xp all over the place, heck how am I ever going to advance.

Then you spend more time trying to find where things are because you have a blank map and nothing actually tells you where you are on the map, so you spend more time looking for things, running around, trying to find hidden switches and areas, having half finished quests all over the place etc.

Questgivers don't give the slightest indication of where things/houses are. Take Hansel for instance, even reading his mind. Where the heck to find that idiot's house? Then that ghost - CAta... something right at the start in the square, he meets you somewhere but where the heck that is is another mystery.

Also I wish we could have exported our character over. To start from scratch with no armor and weapons sucks.

Basically you have to play the game with a walkthrough in your hand, which takes all the fun out of the game. but to do it the regular way you just go insane I think. Well, I'll give it a try......

Maybe I will be back here on the forum soon eating my words smile

apprentice
apprentice
Questgivers don't give the slightest indication of where things/houses are.

But they do.

Take Hansel for instance, even reading his mind.

If I remember correctly, This is the guy standing near the captive undead, right?
If you listen, he says something about "being so scared, he left a trail of groceries all the way to where he is right now.

Then that ghost - CAta... something right at the start in the square, he meets you somewhere but where the heck that is is another mystery.

As for the ghost, Caracalla, his house is not accessible early game, but there's no rule in the world where you need to be able to solve your quest right away once you receive it, right?

And that's exactly what I liked about FoV, the quests are connected to each other, and if you let the game run it's course you see it all fall in to place, rather than the usual "Do this, okay thanks, we're done, here's your free exp, now get out of here."

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard