Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kensei Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I have a decent build (dual-wielding) and I have 6+ in dual wielding, and I believe 6+ in whirlwind and I've one-shot 3 monsters at once sometimes.

Problem is that ranged wankers, mostly magic based, is killing me.

Although it seems that some monsters are harder to kill (summon masters?). Does curse help? I've noticed my stats when it's on me and it really hurts my stats.

journeyman
journeyman
Ranged wankers? I dread to think what ammo they use laugh

*** Stay put while I go search for a butterfly net. ***
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
You meant enemy archers? They can be a pain in the ..... sometimes.

Kensei Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by D00M
Ranged wankers? I dread to think what ammo they use laugh

LOL smile

Yeah the archers are nasty but I think I probably mean the magic casters.

I hate games that give monsters unlimited mana pools and they just nuke until you're dead. I've played a few games where the monsters will run out of mana then engage you in melee. Of course then the other thing that annoys me happens -- a caster that can melee and beat the ever loving crap out of you. A finger-twiddler can hammer on you.. hard.. I mean... Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot??

S
stranger
stranger
S
Do you have Rush Attack? Even 1 skill point invested helps against mages a great deal. As soon as you can target the enemy you can fire the rush attack to at least plant yourself right in their faces if not do a nice chunk of damage and knock them over.

But it basically teleports you directly to their location, which limits the amount of spells they can fire as you close in, and also keeps the melee types from taking whacks at you as you charge toward the rear ranks...

Its the kind of ability that benefits from pausing, then targeting then firing to make sure you rocket towards the right enemy.

They may still have a load of HP but at least you've got a head start...

Leveling charm isn't a bad idea either, - charming mages and archers is a great way to eliminate them from the threat environment while you deal with the more mundane types.

Charm shaman/healer types for free healing too...

apprentice
apprentice
As the post above stated, Rush attack and charm do wonders for such situations.

Charm is more suited for lower levels where your magic resistance isn't at it's full potential and rush attack works all throughout the game. I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that I can "fly" using rush attack.

Originally Posted by Kensei
a caster that can melee and beat the ever loving crap out of you. A finger-twiddler can hammer on you.. hard.. I mean... Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot??

To address that, I'm sure there are all kinds of enchantments to augment physical abilities and whatnot, I wouldn't be surprised if some mage uses a telekinetic spell to make his limp-wristed slap feel like a bus running at full speed. Magic is cheating ,just like that.

On a semi related note, have you ever met a high level mage from the Dungeons and Dragon franchise?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Kensei

Of course then the other thing that annoys me happens -- a caster that can melee and beat the ever loving crap out of you. A finger-twiddler can hammer on you.. hard.. I mean... Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot??

They must've cast Tenser's Transformation.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by virumor
They must've cast Tenser's Transformation.

By the gods, I remember how that spell ALMOST made fighters obsolete if not for it's duration, I almost screamed in frustration when I first witnessed it's power in ADnD.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard