Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
vometia #436878 26/01/11 12:21 AM
veteran
veteran
Vometia is so right... unfortunately. We may have the best football, but we paid for it by not getting the cheerleaders! laugh

Please click the banner...
born2beagator #437473 31/01/11 10:20 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by born2beagator
C'mon, there has got to be some sports fans in here cool

I hope I may write down also some kind of sports I like to follow on television ?

I mostly follow :
Cyclocross (last weekend it was the World Champion Competition in Germany, and Z. Stybar won)
Cycle racing (like 'Tour the France', etc!)
Formula 1
Tennis (sometimes)

I myself like doing :
cylce (mostly), walk, skiing, sometimes bowling ...

Joram #437491 31/01/11 02:00 PM
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Joram
Originally Posted by born2beagator
C'mon, there has got to be some sports fans in here cool

I hope I may write down also some kind of sports I like to follow on television ?

I mostly follow :
Cyclocross (last weekend it was the World Champion Competition in Germany, and Z. Stybar won)
Cycle racing (like 'Tour the France', etc!)
Formula 1
Tennis (sometimes)

I myself like doing :
cylce (mostly), walk, skiing, sometimes bowling ...

Wow, interesting.

born2beagator #437510 31/01/11 06:30 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
I hadn't thought of the "what will I watch on telly?" aspect: which is a bit of a "doh!" moment since that's what most people do rather than the playing or attending I was thinking of.

I rather enjoy the Winter Olympics and similar stuff: for me it seems to have a certain civility that other sports sometimes lack, though most of its constituent parts tend to be hideously dangerous. It's also paradoxically something that Britain is reasonably good at in spite of the lack of snowy peaks in our locale: but we (well, I say "we": the athletes who actually put in the effort, that is) seem to have rather more successes than the numerous sports invented in these isles which everyone else thrashes us at.

On the random times I've seen rally driving it looks quite exciting, certainly compared to the Forumla 1 my friend was obsessed with (actually I think it was mainly because she fancied Damon Hill) but I've never really made a point of watching it. Maybe I should, given that my own driving "skills" tend to... erm... well, I just remember things like going up a 4' embankment backwards and ending up in a ploughed field. I guess I'm lucky that the car was still driveable. And that I appear to be in possession of all four limbs. Such was the frenetic drive to work.

J'aime le fromage.
vometia #437546 01/02/11 07:13 AM
addict
addict
GO GATORS!!!

Nah, I'm also in Florida but I don't give a rip, sorry. :hihi: I go to the Gators vs. Bulldogs game each year but it's more of a social thing. cheer

Sometimes I have a football game on TV in the background, because it's oddly soothing (reminds me of my childhood I think).

There are medieval and Scottish festivals that come through Jacksonville once a year so I go to see archery competitions, weapon demonstration, dudes in kilts throwing big logs end over end, that kind of thing. And that's about it. rpg001

Unless...is air guitar competitions a sport? biggrin

flixerflax #437570 01/02/11 01:04 PM
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by flixerflax
GO GATORS!!!

Nah, I'm also in Florida but I don't give a rip, sorry. :hihi: I go to the Gators vs. Bulldogs game each year but it's more of a social thing. cheer

Sometimes I have a football game on TV in the background, because it's oddly soothing (reminds me of my childhood I think).

There are medieval and Scottish festivals that come through Jacksonville once a year so I go to see archery competitions, weapon demonstration, dudes in kilts throwing big logs end over end, that kind of thing. And that's about it. rpg001

Unless...is air guitar competitions a sport? biggrin

LOL

Nice. As long as you aren't a Nolie. wink

born2beagator #438833 15/02/11 05:18 AM
veteran
veteran
San Antonio Spurs fan for years

The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer?
~Jeremy Bentham
Cleglaw #438871 15/02/11 04:54 PM
A
veteran
veteran
A
Bayer Leverkusen
1. FC Köln (as long as they have problems)

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Cleglaw #439294 20/02/11 01:59 AM
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Cleglaw
San Antonio Spurs fan for years

Magic fan here

vometia #440967 27/03/11 10:58 AM
stranger
stranger
Hi everyone just reading the intresting debate on mascots and cheerleaders and I agree lets ditch the mascots and get some cheerleaders into English football. Although it may be intresting on a cold wet Tuesday night away at Scunthorpe. wink

Foxytiler #440978 27/03/11 05:27 PM
veteran
veteran
Not quite so much fun for the poor cheerleaders, that, I'd have to agree! laugh

Please click the banner...
Elliot_Kane #440988 27/03/11 08:56 PM
stranger
stranger
After some of the games I've been to while following Leicester city for the last 20+ years the cheerleaders do sound appealing and if there is a wet t-shirt thrown in for good measure then all the more better for it wink

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard