Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#436907 26/01/11 01:36 PM
Joined: Jan 2011
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Joined: Jan 2011
Should be on PS3, but considering xbox has no exclusives besides gears/halo, it needs something. it also has RROD's, DVD drive that easily has disc read errors, pay to play online, over priced hard drives and a lack of external and universal hard drive support. Ill stick with the PC as usual anyway. Amazing people even buy Xbox's.

Not to mention, games like this dont sell on xbox, xbox mainly sells shooters, and casual RPG's, games like this will not sell on Xbox. Look at demons souls, a hardcore game with zero advertising, was the devs largest selling game ever, if the released tht on Xbox which only sells well in the US, it would have bombed. Bad move. Heavy rain, again,a unique game that is not all about easy action and mindless gaming, sold very well, would not sell as well on xbox nor be appreciated. Alan wawe good game was disappointing in sales because Xbox is a very one dimensional audience.

Last edited by mastorofpuppetz; 26/01/11 01:59 PM.
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: UK
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: UK
Troll Obviously?
Like how you come in insulting xbox 360 and so on...
Demon Souls sold because of Word Of Mouth, not because it was on PS3 only.

Why dont you just stop being ignorant and make a well thought suggestion.
Its too late the games on Xbox, I dont see why it shouldn't, they wanted to develop it on Xbox so why not.
Why not propose/convince Larian to create a PS3 Version of the game, instead of coming here slagging off one of the Platforms its currently on?

Also a little fact for you, it actually sold out on Xbox 360 in the UK!!


Joined: Nov 2009
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Nov 2009
Trolling. Stop it. No one wants to read this crap. Understood?

PS: The spiritual successor to Demon's Souls, Project Dark, isn't a PS3 exclusive. What will you do now?


My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: UK
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: UK
Must.....not..feed the..troll


*** Stay put while I go search for a butterfly net. ***
Joined: Jan 2011
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Joined: Jan 2011
Its still on PS3, again, I HAVE a 360, add me if you wish, same tag, but no one with a straight face can say its a great console, its the second worse this gen next to the wii, MS ahs NO first party games, and hardware wise it cant compete with the electronics giant sony. Pc is best overall. Ps3 has all the good console exclusives, and a more varied game library, better hardware.

Joined: Feb 2009
Location: UK
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: UK
Great...Kay...Thanks...Bye.


Joined: Nov 2009
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Nov 2009
Originally Posted by mastorofpuppetz
Its still on PS3, again, I HAVE a 360, add me if you wish, same tag, but no one with a straight face can say its a great console, its the second worse this gen next to the wii, MS ahs NO first party games, and hardware wise it cant compete with the electronics giant sony. Pc is best overall. Ps3 has all the good console exclusives, and a more varied game library, better hardware.


*types with a straight face*

How old are you? If you're above the age of 15, I really don't know what to say.

And Xbox 360 is not just a great console, it's a fantastic console.

You're a funny man. Your false idol, your false prophet, your console master, won't save you from yourself. You're playing a videogame console from 2006 and trying to fool yourself that it's somehow cutting edge. The PS3 is quite frankly outdated, as is the Xbox 360.


My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: California, USA
V
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
V
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: California, USA
Guys, not make more out of it then it is. The thread starter is not reallj bashing xbox 360. He probably should have posted this in some other thread, and not start a new one.
May be on PS3 sales would have been better, I don't know. But I am sure as hell I would have had this game by now, bec. PS3 games are region-free. You make a multi-5. and you are done, everyone is happy.

I have both consoles, and I play most of the games on xbox 360, and only exclusives on PS3, bec. of my slight preference for a larger controller and an xbox graphics on my favorite monitor (vs. to my PS 3HDTV, too crisp and bright for me). I would prefer European relises on either both consoles, or on PS3. I do not really like waiting, but it's no biggie.

Last edited by vivaxardas; 27/01/11 08:58 PM.
Joined: Jan 2010
member
Offline
member
Joined: Jan 2010
mastorofpuppetz,

There's a web site for people like you. If xbox.com won't have you then these guys will.
Link: Lots of new friends waiting to welcome you on the subject of PS3 vs XBOX360. Enjoy!



ps. WRC 2010 is/was one of the first region locked PS3 games. More on the way...


Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC
Joined: Nov 2009
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Nov 2009
Originally Posted by vivaxardas
The thread starter is not reallj bashing xbox 360.


Please don't take me for a naive fool. I know exactly what the TC is doing. It's quite obvious. How is it not? It's trolling, plain and simple. He's bashing one product and praising another. I've seen enough of this to be able to call a spade a spade.


My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
Joined: Nov 2010
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Nov 2010
Originally Posted by mastorofpuppetz
MS ahs NO first party games

Yeah, Microsoft doesn't own Lionhead nor Rare...

Oh, wait, they do.

Joined: Jan 2011
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Joined: Jan 2011
That only proves my point, what was the last good game RARE came out with? Lionhead, Fable is garbage, compare that to Sony's huge list of first party games, and it makes MS look like a joke.

Joined: Jan 2011
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Joined: Jan 2011
i own a gaming PC, try and keep up. Ps3 is for its exclusives, as it has a lot, Xbox, not so much. As for xbox being fantastioc? LMAo, up your standards, its disc rad errors, over priced hard drives, flimsy front load DVD tray, outdated medium, RROD issues, its poor electronics. And lets not start on the lack of first party exclusives.

Last edited by mastorofpuppetz; 28/01/11 03:17 PM.
Joined: Nov 2010
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Nov 2010
Originally Posted by mastorofpuppetz
That only proves my point, what was the last good game RARE came out with? Lionhead, Fable is garbage, compare that to Sony's huge list of first party games, and it makes MS look like a joke.

Uh... You said, and I quote:
Originally Posted by mastorofpuppetz
MS ahs NO first party games

Clearly, your point isn't proven, and instead is lying on the floor in a puddle of blood with a giant hole in the middle of it. I never mentioned the quality of the exclusives, simply pointing out that it does have first party games.

Now, really, no one cares about the PS3 or the 360, or even the PC. For all we know, Larian chose the 360 and PC because of the similarities. Many times has the PS3 been criticised for its lack of similarity with the other platforms and the 'complexity' (Well, difference) of the hardware. Larian aren't a Sony-owned studio, they're not a Microsoft-owned studio and they don't even have the funding of a large publisher. If they don't have the resources to make a game for the PS3, then they won't. It's as simple as that.

Pull your head out of your backside and learn to use common sense. No one here cares about how you think the PS3 is God's gift to man, and you're hardly proving your point. Exclusives and first-party titles aren't a sign of quality. If you want to pretend they are, then fine, but take your soapbox-shouting to somewhere like Destructoid, Gamespot or IGN.

Joined: Jan 2011
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Joined: Jan 2011
You aren't read apparently, I have never said PS3 was gods gift to gaming, it is a FACT Ms has barely any first party games or development, and is vastly superior from an electronics stand point. FACTS you cannot refute. Having 1 first party game is not much in the way of development. MS just throws money at times exclusives, real innovation LMAO. Both consoles cant touch PC, but from a value stand point 360 is the worst of the 2 by far.

Paying to play online is a suckers bet.

I am a PC gaming first and foremost at the end of the day.

Last edited by mastorofpuppetz; 28/01/11 04:08 PM.
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: USA
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: USA
Originally Posted by mastorofpuppetz
You aren't read apparently, I have never said PS3 was gods gift to gaming, it is a FACT Ms has barely any first party games or development, and is vastly superior from an electronics stand point. FACTS you cannot refute. Having 1 first party game is not much in the way of development. MS just throws money at times exclusives, real innovation LMAO. Both consoles cant touch PC, but from a value stand point 360 is the worst of the 2 by far.

Paying to play online is a suckers bet.

I am a PC gaming first and foremost at the end of the day.




Here is a FACT for you.. I dont know why I am feeding you but you obviously are as ignorant as they come.


Industry research firm Forecasting and Analyzing Digital Entertainment has announced that 2010 was Xbox Live’s biggest to date, with Capcom’s Dead Rising 2: Case Zero and the independent Limbo driving Live Arcade sales to record highs.

While Case Zero, which allowed purchasers to carry over progression to Dead Rising 2, was the highest-selling title with 689,000 units sold, the melancholy Limbo pulled in the most revenue despite charting in third position, with $7.5 million earned.
See the full chart below, courtesy of CVG.
In today’s second quarter earnings breakdown, Microsoft revealed a 55 percent increase in revenue throughout the Xbox division.
01. Dead Rising 2: Case Zero (Capcom) – 689,000
02. Trials HD (RedLynx) – 553,000
03. Limbo (Playdead) – 527,000
04. Castle Crashers (The Behemoth) – 415,000
05. Toy Soldiers (Signal Studios) – 383,000
06. Family Game Night (Hasbro) – 294,000
07. Monday Night Combat (Uber Entertainment) – 293,000
08. Perfect Dark (Rare) – 279,000
09. Battlefield 1943 (EA Dice) – 268,000
10. Deadliest Warrior: The Game (Pipeworks Software) – 210,000

Joined: Jan 2010
member
Offline
member
Joined: Jan 2010
Microsoft would love to tell you that 8million Kinects were sold in the first week and seeing as Kincet Sports is made by RARE and many people are enjoying it being voted as 'the' kinect title to have then RARE are doing just fine.

I'd move along if I were you because I'm not being paid to answer your answers. silly

Don't feed the troll
Don't feed the troll

I find most people need a reason to turn a PS3 on because to most it's an over priced blu-ray player/du$t collector.

***Gets a slap form everyone else for teasing***


Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC
Joined: Jan 2011
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Joined: Jan 2011
Only 1 of those is a first party title, has nothing to do with the topic. Thanks fro proving my point, many of those are also on PS3. What does listing sales from live have to do with anything, you can make a list liek that for wii and pSN to, talk about off topic, and nothing to do with this.

Last edited by mastorofpuppetz; 28/01/11 05:51 PM.
Joined: Jan 2011
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Joined: Jan 2011
the explain why Ps3 has outsold 360 in the same time frame? it has more exclusives then 360,, i guess 360 is a overpriced DVD player that break easy then? 360 has been out longer , yet is only ahead slightly, and that lead will evaporate soon.

http://www.psuni.com/ps3-software-sales-outstrip-xbox-360s-ps3-attach-rate-up-to-8-1-3807/

Ps3 has been outselling 360 since 2008 WW, and software sales on Ps3 WW ahs surpassed 360, learn some facts.

Kinect sales mean what exactly? is britney spears better then Bob dylan? I hope your not srious with that argument.

dont let facts get ion the way. The over priced Bluray player is not a valid argument, at 299, Ps3 is the same price as a 360 pro and still has more features. and more games, especially more 90 + rated exclusives. Almost everything on 360 is on Ps3, cant say the same the other way around.

http://www.psuni.com/ps3-outsells-360s-2010-with-three-months-spare-4171/

Last edited by mastorofpuppetz; 28/01/11 05:37 PM.
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Florida, USA
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Florida, USA
Its all a matter of preference really. I have both, but I definitely prefer the 360 for gaming

Only thing I use my PS3 for now is the blu ray

Last edited by born2beagator; 28/01/11 05:49 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Nicou, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5