Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#437237 29/01/11 03:34 AM
C
crpgnut Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I finished the game tonight as a level 43ish? mage. As I've mentioned in other threads and forums, I really didn't care for the dragon mechanic. I'm not an arcade type player and found these areas dull. That would be about my only complaint. The rest of the game is a Royal Flush. This is probably the best game of hide and seek that's ever been made in a crpg. I found it better than even the Might and Magic series, which is very, very good. I found the combat to be just fast paced enough to stop me from ever getting bored of "back flip fireball". This was another very fun aspect of battle and it worked well.

1. Favorite Puzzle: Derelict Tunnels and its secret treasure
2. Favorite NPC: Bellegar: The rhyming mage was hilarious; especially just after you've thwarted him.
3. Favorite Questgiver: Richard the Champion of Aleroth. I just found him to be an insufferable lout, and it was fun ruining his day.
4: Favorite Enemy: Laiken. Hey Laiken....MAXOS!
5: Favorite Area: Broken Valley-Most games are best when you're weak and not sure what's going on and D2:DKS is no exception. I loved the goblins and quests in the early game.

'nut
addict
addict
How on earth did you get to level 43?

Highest I have managed is 37 eek

C
crpgnut Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Mostly, by tackling areas when I'm WAY below the level required. I took Orobas at 16, so I leveled very fast. I was level 21 before Maxos and level 28 when facing Laiken. I didn't put a single point into wisdom, though I sometimes wore something that boosted it. I'm not 100% sure of my final level but I'll edit this post, just for grins...

Okay, I was level 45 right before the final encounter. Unlike some, the fight was quite tough for me and I quaffed several heals before winning. I'm going to take a break and play me some Drakensang, then come back to D2:DKS

Last edited by crpgnut; 29/01/11 05:35 AM.

'nut
G
journeyman
journeyman
G

1. Favorite Puzzle: Derelict Tunnels and its secret treasure
2. Favorite NPC: Bellegar: The rhyming mage was hilarious; especially just after you've thwarted him.
3. Favorite Questgiver: Richard the Champion of Aleroth. I just found him to be an insufferable lout, and it was fun ruining his day.
4: Favorite Enemy: Laiken. Hey Laiken....MAXOS!
5: Favorite Area: Broken Valley-Most games are best when you're weak and not sure what's going on and D2:DKS is no exception. I loved the goblins and quests in the early game.

I loved Bellegar too, even if I met him only in FoV part (didn't explore enough to find him in ED part). But I'm near the Lovis tower on my second try (and I screwed the character build I guess, I tried to play as a Warrior but I found Warrior probably the weakest, especially since any player can wear any weapon just because of level... Since I play on Nightmare difficulty, I decided to develop archery. It seems 5 levels of warrior skills go to waste, especially since I put 2 points to that charge thingy, that fits the archer in absolutely no way).

And level 43 isn't that hard, in FoV part you level much faster. I guess I was around that too in my first try.

About other points, you mistook Laiken with Amdusias. Seriously, his hatred for Maxos was just cute! You can't meet a Dragon Knight (okay, not really) as adorable as him.

But yeah, Amdy is one of the best enemies ever. Best one in all Divinities for sure. It's great how even after his death, you can still anger him with Maxos - once in endgame of ED, once in FoV.

Richard was insufferable, I agree, but in my second try I support him. It gives you more experience than other options, it seems.

Last edited by GabeN; 29/01/11 09:38 PM.
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
I'm going to take a break and play me some Drakensang, then come back to D2:DKS

Another fun rpg wink Drakensang, Fallout: NV... so many rpg's so little time, and I just ordered M&M 7 and am backlogged on a good 20 books... I need a timeless pocket dimension.

C
crpgnut Offline OP
OP Offline
C
M&M7 is one of my all-time favorites. I'm actually playing The River of Time first before getting back into Drakensang. TRoT is a prequel, so I'm giving it a go. Pretty fun so far, but there are some things in DKS that would be very welcome in D-sang. TDE is a very complicated system and it is somewhat unclear on whether investing points in mage skills are worthwhile. I almost need a TDE expert on speed dial smile Alrik!

'nut

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard