Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Support
Support

Arms are probably the most important part after the head, since they can have hitpoint and/or melee/magic damage bonuses. The creature would still be pretty effective without hit point bonuses, you just might have to re-summon it a bit more frequently.

Unfortunately, Amazon.ca is giving a delivery estimate of the 21st to the 28th (too cheap to pay for express shipping), but by now what's an extra week or two?

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Originally Posted by Raze
Unfortunately, Amazon.ca is giving a delivery estimate of the 21st to the 28th (too cheap to pay for express shipping), but by now what's an extra week or two?

Hang in there Raze! That zen attitude will save you. bow

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Raze, your patiently waiting for playing the DKS will reward you well ! smile

Really, the DKS has many improvements since ED ! ED was for me already a very good & funny experience and after the relaese of the DKS even more great!!

I too have wait to begin to play my DKS till the patch including the nightmare difficulty (and some other fixes) was coming out. So yeah, 1 or 2 weeks waiting longer .. I wait at least 2 months ... :hihi:

Okay,
today Jurdenson is level 4. Still happy breathing ... just because he's very carefully. Almost each fight he summon his brave Ghost silence ! Invest 2 points in Summon Ghost. Take the mage path in the beginning & bought a Bracelet from Locke for a reasonable price that have a skillpoint in Fireball, so now Jurden has 2 points in Fireball. And put 1 point in Lockpick (in Farglow to open a chest). And now 1 skillpoint left. But I think I go for Fear (is very funny to use!) or Stun Arrows first, but take both skills, certainly . And many other Priest skills I take or wish to try (Charm, blind, Curse, Master Summoner & Master Herbalist ... ).

Jurden take his time to trade welcome, talk opa, mindread badsmile, fight rpg001, explore oops , enjoy delight, laught alout hahaha, think about next move think ... in a short way Jurden can say: "I have so much Fun !!" party

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Okay, here I'm back with news smile

Jurdenson is now Level 10 (just reached L 10).
Have done a few quests and many battles and trading already biggrin **
Skills I have now (besides the starting skills): 1 skillpoint left.
Lockpick L1, Fear L1, Fireball L2(1 starting as Mage + 1 from Bracelet), Ranger Strength L1 (from Gauntlets of David), Mana Efficiency L1, Stun arrows L1, Summon Mastery L1 & Summon Ghost L3 .

Have also a Bracelet (found in a chest where I met Ghost Arben) with + 2 to Rush Attack, great & fun to use against Rangers or Mages to give them the finishing hit :hihi: !

Wearing 2 pieces of the Rivellon Guard Armour Set (Cuirass & Leggings). Have a Level 7 one-handed Silver Sword of the Snake (Poison 03 enchantm) that does 22 melee dam max (+ 4 from charm) and a Level 4 Bow with Poison 02 ench. & +4 to Dex (1 from charm) & 12 ranged dam max . Most of the time I started with my Bow and after that summon the Ghost (or vise versa!).
Fighting side by side with the Ghost using Fireballs, shooting stunning arrows or normal arrows while rolling and jumping away or back ... or, in the most worst situation, running far away hahaha ... and if an enemy is almost half his/her HP, I somtimes changed strategy: using the Bracelet with Rush Attack L2 on, I first shoot a stunning arrow, Rush Attack and make short work of it with my Silver Sword of the Snake ! (thanks to the Smith Derk he sell such a sword wink )

The thing is that I try to kill as much enemies I can do and after that do a quest. Or do a quest, but not go for the reward immediately. I'm suprized I reached level 10 just only done 9 quests and just met Dreavan and kill some Black Rings in the fielt nearby the West Valley Scrine. Kill the bandits so I can savety walk to Noryfundus now and also the Quarry Scrine. The Lovis tower is also cleared of all that is evil. But didn't go in the Delerect Tunnels or whatever Dungeon after I Lay Ghost Arben to Rest quest wink
My summoned Ghost is really "fantastic" ! At level 11 I can put a new skillpoint in Summon Ghost and also in Summon Mastery (if I wish).

The more I play this beautiful pearl, the more I love it !! Great wokr you all did Larian !
I was in first place more sceptical about Divinity II, but that was more because of "nostalgy & love" for a Isometric View Game thanks to Divinie Divinity wink

**3 Main quests: Farglow Connection, Chasing the Dragon & To Lay a Ghost to Rest
6 side quests: Band of Brutes, For a Pount of Flesh, the Fugitive, A Private Delivery, Saving the Bacon & Louis' Stash

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Zixzax, he's o so funny talking, I love him !! Only hearing his voice is enough for me to begin to smile, an extra big smile ! biggrin biggrin biggrin

Jurdenson is now level 13 and standing at the Maxos Temple entrance.
Almost all enemies in Brocken Valley are killed except in the Maxos Temple & in Naberius Storage (2 or 3 level 14 skeleton warriors with dangerous Axes!).
Solved 24 Quests.

Invest in Summon Ghost (4/5) and Summon Mastery( 2/5 - 1 point from an amulet I bought from Locke). Having now my Creature and find (loot) a great Well-Preserved Goblin Head with fireball Skill 6 !!
Many skillpoints from gear I have:
So: + 1 to Summon Mastery (Amulet)
+ 2 to Potion Efficiency (Bracelet)
+ 2 to Rush Attack (Bracelet)
+ 1 to rush Attack (Amulet of Slantwig)
+ 2 to Fireball (Earrings)
+ 1 to Fireball (Bracelet)
+ 1 to Lockpick & + 1 to Mindreading (Jagon's Necklage - I hold it as long as possible)
+ 1 to confusion (Jackal's Ring)
+ 1 to Regeneration (req L 15!) (Lovis Cohort Bow)
+ 1 to Wisdom (Rothman's Bow)
+ 1 to Magic Missile (Penelope's Amulet, req L 12)
+ 2 to Single Handed Weapon Expertise (Brightblade from Seth)
EDIT: (submit an extra jewellery item I forget)
+ 1 to Magic Blast (Earrings)

With some "changes in equipment" I can take different strategies:
going from a Summoner (summon my Ghost & Creature)
over a Ranger (simply chooting arrows or Stun Arrows),
an Atlete oops (jumping and/or rolling),
a Mage ( side by side with my Ghost and Creature we all shoot Fireballs evil !)
to a Warrior (first use Stun Arrows, Rush Attack and finishing off with my "Brightblade" !)

This all give me the luck to spare skillpoints for later (6 points left).

My HP is now around 450 points and my Mana around 200 points. Intelligence I boost more than Strength & Dexterity so far.
Have the Formula's to make level 3 potions of Healing, Strength & Dexterity and Level 2 Full Resistance (all bought by Lamotte and/or Martis).

Wearing Cuirass, Leggings and Helmet of the Defenders of Aleroth Set. Find the "Defenders of Aleroth Vampire Mace" (L14), so soon I'm a real Defender of Aleroth walking in the fields of Brocken Valley and Sentinel Island ....
Found also the Wild Dwellers Bow (set). And have the Rivellon Guard Set (Cuirass & Leggings) and will see what it give (extra boost)if I find the Warhammer and use it. smile

Still nothing I've Enchanted, only make use of disenchant items by Dreavan ... but soon, before Jurdenson wish to "TRY" killing Amdusias, I go invest in the best enchantments I've, but first things first : a plan and making decisions ... which kind of Enchantments I prefer most ... hmmm think ... (Magic)Damage Aura, Static Charge Aura & Healing Aura for Jewellery, Protection enchantments for Armour and Increased (Magic) Damage, Butchery for Weapons. All the more is welcome, for sure smile .

Thanks Larian for making such an awesome amusing beautiful ... funny RPG !!!

Last edited by Joram; 06/04/11 06:46 AM. Reason: see EDIT

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Rest Jurdenson only 4400 XP to go to gain Level 14 ! All enemies in the Maxos Temple are dead except Amdusias and maybe I can choose to kill some of the Ghosts too(?) ... but I like Ghosts smile .. so killing them frown ... OOO noooo I don't do it !

It's like all the rabbits: I don't kill any rabbit ! One rabbit I killed by accident while defeating some Black Ring Members in the field nearby Sossostra, but there're many rabbits there and luckely I don't killed the white rabbit Sossostra says I must follow that white rabbit smile ... Great treasure, really very great treasure in a Golden Chest delight

If I wish I can only gain a level through solving some Quests (still 10 open Quests to solve in Brocken Valley) or go to the Wishing Well (but I prefer "an equipment item" above '5000 XP') or first try to kill the Skeleton Warriors L14 in Naberius Storage or I can solve the quest "Into the Bandit's Den" by telling Louis about the password for the bandit camp and go to kill the bandits ... but then I loose Martis as a shopkeeper frown ... and I like trading ...
And I have still 3 Goblin Heart's I can give to Richard for 450 XP & 450 Gold.

Decisions ... always making decisions :hihi:

But I'm a very happy hero. Can talk a lot with my Ghost and Creature now ... only an Undead or Demon to summon and we can play bridge or another card game ... hahaha

journeyman
journeyman
Joram, Your a lowdown dirty rabbit killer.

laugh

Seriously though, you come across as a really nice person, I can hardly see you roaming the countryside decapitating Black Ring and such smile

*** Stay put while I go search for a butterfly net. ***
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I told you earlier about some dangerous Skeleton Warriors in Naberius Storage, remember ? wink

Well, recently I try again to defeat them and it was almost a "piece of cake" this time !
BUT I invest in temporarily potions (Full Resistance L2, Strength, Dex & Intell L 3) & this time I had my Creature that have a Mage head with Fireball L6 skill !
Before taking the KEY, I summoned also my Ghost and then all began !
But I was wondering about the very nice way all goes very good ! I remember I used first Stun Arrows to give my creature and ghost more time to deal damage... then helping my buddies to set the Skeleton Warriors on fire biggrin .... I needed only 1 healing potion L3 !
I even did not need to jump away, but simply take a sword and finishing them off because my buddies did the most hardest work already for me smile ! Arben's Sword it was I think I used.
Thank you my friendly Ghost and brave Creature hug ... I seriously think about an extra buddy to help in battle via Charm or Summon Demon (later on) ...
... or playing bridge together when all enemies are gone in some area :hihi:

I looking out a LOT to go soon to Sentinel Island ! I love that place very very much ! There I can use a spell to stop the wind blowing, otherwise all our playing cards flowing far away !! eek Hope I can find enough "spoons" to pay Hermit with ... hahaha ... he's o so funny friendly guy !! biggrin

O yes, before I forget to say:
I'm really almost L 14 now ! I only must give Richard 3 Goblin hearts to gain a level, take some time for visiting all lovely trader's, put some charms into my favorite gear, take the Defenders of Aleroth Vampire Mace (req L 14!) so then I'm wearing the complete Set with all the extra boosts ... gather the needed Gems & Ores, go to Dreavan and put some great enchantments on my equipment before I darf to have a look if that bitch of an Amdusias is somewhere flying in circles, waiting to kill ...

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Yes rpg001 I beat Amdusias, I did it woehoe and succeesed after the third try !

What was My strategy of my third try? You're curious? Read about it here. wink

After talking to Amdusias in human form, so after reading the spell to take Amdusias out of his "flying in circles dragon form" :hihi: ... I imediately use the skill Hide in Shadows (L 2, one from Amulet of the North) and run far enough away from him !
After that I first save the game (make a new save file)
After the Hide in Shadows skill is back avaible Jurdenson take potions to be stronger and more resist etc (potions: Strength L3, Intelligence L3, Dexterity L3, Full Resistance L2), Summon my Ghost (L5), put an extra point in Master Summoner too and put potions to fill up my Mana.

Saving again, push the button to use Hide in Shadows and run fast nearby Amdusias, my Ghost follow me and take the attention ... but I push fast the botton for the Rush Attack and slash Amdusias with my great Mace and don't stop before he's stone dead !!
I must take 2 extra potions (each of level 3): 1 Healing and one Rejuvenation. The rest my Ghost did good enough to let me live.

Also to say:
Wearing the full Defenders of Aleroth Armour and put some extra Enchantments into this Armour Set, especially in the Defenders of Aleroth Mace! I put in this Mace an Increaded Magical Damage enchantment L6 ('Greater') ! Put also in total 2 charms of Intelligence + 2 in equiped gear so my Magical damage value of my Mace is now about (with the Intelligence potion working) 130 !

It was a FAST fight, very fast ! But I knew it must going a fast fight, otherwise Amdusias his deadly Explosive Arrows kill me very FAST !! eek

Now Jurdenson take a short break on Sentinel Island sitting near Hermit, counting his "spoons" . Jurdenson is level 15 after Mindreadeing the Island. Even take not one step on the Orobas Fjords ground.

Jurdenson is so happy & love the climate on Sentinel Island laugh !

Support
Support
Originally Posted by Joram
Yesterday Lana find the correct way to make 2 extra Amulets! The first one in the Lost Cavern (nearby the Chapel Scrine): "Amulet of Slantwig"(skill: Rush Atack & 1 EES*).

For this amulet I got a +1 Wisdom bonus (and the enchantment slot), which made it kind of useless, since my Talisman of the North has +3 Wisdom (+1 melee damage, +2 Conditioned Body and 3 enchantment slots). I missed the Amulet of Slantwig my first time through the Lost Cavern (I checked out the throne, but not long enough).

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
O, so I was a "lucky" one .. but I've found a Bracelet in a chest in the Tomb at the Chapel ( where you met the Ghost of Arben) that have + 2 to Rush Atttack and that Bracelet I use frequently wink

I'm now level 17 and haven't had any problems with the enemies on Sentinel Island. I think with all my efforts earlier my hero Jurdenson is a little bit overpowered or just more than powerfull enough ... ? But to be honest I summon frequently my Creature (with a Fireball L 6 head) and almost always my Ghost (5/5 points in + I've +1 to Summon Mastery and if I wish + 1 extra point from an Amulet bought by Dr Needleman).

But it is a welcome "relax time" on Sentinel Island and Brocken Valley ... I've fun & that's most important for me smile !!

And since my Ghost (and Creature) is a real potion saver I put now 2 poitns in Master Herbalist and make many potions I just sell them to make more money biggrin
I need money because I don't neglect to buy stuff I like : Gems, Ores, Herbs, gear, etc ... etc ... hahaha

Till next update wave

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
O oo ooo, so sorry ! Sorry to Larian (and all the rest of the forum members) I frequently write down in the wrong way the name "Brocken Valley" !! silly

Now Broken Valley is broken because of Damian's poisonous gas, but not broCken or I was trying to make a "new" wor(l)d . hahaha

Now, serious rpg002
Jurdenson is level 19 and finally take over the Battle Tower from Laiken and his demon Razakel !
It was a hard battle, twice. First after Sassan summon Razakel and later on with Laiken in his Lair .
To be honest : 3 or 4 times I don't succeeded the last fight. The very first fight against the nasty Sassan, "Laiken's creature of Sassan", wasn't a big problem. But Razakel is strong and even stronger together with Laiken as his mentor.
But my Creature and Ghost are also strong and I take the easy way and after the conversation with Razakel (and mindreading him) I used Hide in Shadows and look how my buddies do the most durty work for me ... the finishing blow I did and my Ghost supportered me with his art to heal me. Didn't need any potions at all.

And then ... the finale battle against Laiken & Razakel ! This time another strategy plan I maked and succeeded ! I was a lucky man to spare some skillpoints for later and this was the time to invest in new skills : Firewall + 2 points & Healing + 1 & Wirlwind + 1 .
First using Fireball, then stunning arrows and when Razakel was nearby 'Firewall' !! The whole battle Jurdenson try to focus on Razakel. Use Firewall after stun arrows so the demon take maximum damage from the wall of fire biggrin
Also equip a jewellery with + 2 to Destruction I bought by Hermit (EDIT: Mister Neckty biggrin ) so my spells are even deadlier evil
I asked Sassan to summon all creatures she can ... and I, Jurdenson, has already my Ghost to heal me. I think after the third wall of fire and in between other attacks from me and my buddies, Razakel was no more and the battle was over. But to be sure to survive I take also a point in Healing.

Now I've My Battle Tower. Time to take a short break and chat with the guys and have fun with the composer Kirill party , the female dancer (lovely girl, hmmmm ....), the "funny" Illusionist to change my personality a little ... and last but not least visit my Necromancer Jonelath, Wesson the enchanter, Barbatos my Alchemist and for sure many times Hermosa with her lovely voice ...
silence ... Hermosa is speaking ... I think I ask her to visit me by night in bed in the Throne Room ... hope she's be willing to give a ... kiss ? I would almost forget Hermosa ... yes, she's my "Trainer" !
biggrin

O, and the first battle like a Dragon was great, dangerous, but great ! I was almost dead, but thanks to my Bone Dragon Helmet (thanks to Amdusias) with + 1 to Dragon Spirit I survived the whole first battle .
Nightmare mode is feasible . But I must make always a strategy plan beforehand for killing the most dangerous enemies (bosses) !

Funny thing also :
Collecting mania !
Jurdenson (no, not Joram!) begin to have a collecting mania :hihi: !
Collecting as many as possible enchantment formula's (now he has around 90 Enchantment Formula's, from Limited to Major!) and potion Formula's too, also the most "weak" one. Jurdenson has already a beautiful collection of Jewellery and weapons that have a Skillpoint (1 or 2) on it !! Jurdenson has sooo much "fever" to find (or pay his last Goldcoin!) as much equipment items with his "most wanted skills" on it to use or just test them out .

Curious about his Jewellery collection ?
Just ask ! wink

Best Wishes & Soon to be Wise !
(with the Almost Wise wave of Zixzax - Jurdenson will miss his friends in Broken Valley & Sentinel Island very much ! cry )

PS : I've cleared also the first path in the Orobas Fjords coming from Broken Valley. I did it when I was level 18 to become level 19 with some extra XP I need . It was because I had the big wish to visit my loyal traders a "last time" on a "new level".

Last edited by Joram; 06/05/11 09:00 AM.

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Okay, here I'm back with news.

And the collection mania goes on ... especially potion formula's (now 38) & enchantment formula's (now 103). But now I've to collect more Gold .

I've maked new friends and have a girlfriend, the so lovely Salome ... she dance for me so ... and Kirill play a few songs of beautiful quality !

And I'm very happy to meet people I can trade with. At this time my favorite trader is "Zarniyar", he's so funny speaking and remind me about reading a book -or see a movie - of Agatha Christie with "Hercule Poirot". But also the other ones not to forget : Mercator, Pilcher, Abram & Beird, Artemas, Irwin & Leon and also in my Battle Tower Sassan and Grimm.

Rest me to solve a quest in High Hall so I can start to trade with Nicolas .
This would be my next quest to solve since I've taken over the BT.
Because besides me collection mania, I've also a trading mania hahaha
But my "mania's" costs a lot of gold ... :hihi:

I make a drawing of the different Teleporters (with control panel) to find my way faster in the Orobas Fjords later on ...

Finding 3 different Zeppelin parts wasn't a real problem and so I can take already the Zeppelin to Aleroth on level 19 .

In the High Hall Mines I killed all the Trolls and in the meantime I'm level 21 now at the moment.
Mundus give me a quest and I go for that quest first so I can trade with Nicolas smile

Now I stand in a cave, ready to search for a Rune ... it's a cave behind a waterfall ...

Mostly I'm wearing the Blood Echelon Armour. Teh last level-ups I only focus on upgrading my Intelligence for stronger spells and magical weapon damage and all goes very well .

Forgot it to say earlier on, but I always take the extra gold and not the XP after solving a quest. Or take an item I think it's better than the extra gold.

On this level I look out for a Int + 4 charms by Artemas, a Formula of Sub.-L5- Int potion(Abram), a Formula of Full Resist L5(Sassan) and 2 Formula's of Revit. (Greater -L6 & Major -L8) by Zarniyar. He's much cheaper than Abram & also cheaper than Sassan . But mostly I don't care too much about the prize if I really want a Formula. But for now I haven't enough gold ...
O yes, and now Grimm has 2 nice body parts :
* Clean Dragon Elf Arms => + 130% to Magic damage
* Clean Ghoulish Head : Class Figther, Rush Attack & Fatality L 7 !
Especially the Head I wish to buy smile .

My current stats are:
4 statpoints left and 8 skillpoints left. and (too) many un-used charms ...
My stats without gear on:
Vitality 47, Spirit 6, Strength 9, Dex 9 & Intelligence 33 .
Focus on boosts for vitality, spirit and intelligence mostly, but other boosts are welcome .

First skill I want to upgrade by Hermosa is my Summon Ghost, but first things first : go for a Quest !! rpg001
I've upgraded my Creature with another Head : a fighter L4 Rush Attack & Fatality.

All the best,
Jurdenson wink

old hand
old hand
Salome does the best unsexiest dance you'll ever see but Kirill's reaction to it is priceless. Even your DK laughs.

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Time for a new update.
Yesterday I reached level 24 killing some bandits in the cave "Bandid Hideout". Firewall is really a great strong spell ! Bought at L23 a yewellery with + 2 to Summon Undead and used it against the bandits. Together with my Creature the fight was fast over.
And a "magical" Aleroth Archmage yewellery item give a enormous boost to my Manapool Regeneration !! Now I can spam magical spells as much as I want without having an empty Manapool biggrin
I'm equiping back the full Defenders of Aleroth Armour + the Bracers and Shield of Blood Echelon Armour. This Set suits me better than the full Blood Echelon Armour. Later on I gonna try to put on different Aleroth Archmage yewellery items and look what kind of extra boosts that will give smile .

The fight against Zagan was very hard. The platform puzzle in the Well Cave of Barnabus also deadly ! I saved a lot, otherwise I never make any progress ... hahaha
I haven't met Barnabus yet ... but further on I cleared his cave .
Now I reached level 24 I think I start with one of the Flying Fortresses ....

In the meanwhile I give Simeon back his sight and since that time he's my best philosophical friend ... just talking about everything ... and he knows many things about my past ... from the time my son Jurden cured Verlat & Simon in "old" Aleroth village where Mardaneus was also sick in his head and Otto loves his pigs ... to how Jurden killed five Black Ring Members, but was afraid to kill a little "evil summoned" child ...

I give Jonelath the "Book of the Death", but I wonder what will be the result upgrading my Necromancer's platform ... think ?
I've upgraded my Trainer's platform and even don't know what the result can be of this upgrade ... lower prizes for upgrading a skill ? And what about ... ? So much questions ... I much go back to Simeon and ask him ...
I rescued a tree surrounded by water ... a funny speaking Goblin "Charlie" I've killed ... together with the help of my summoned Gostly Ghost and Rush Attacking & Fatality blowing Creature ... upgrading my spell Firewall to L4 and equiped a yewellery that give + 2 to Magic Missile, the fight was not so easy, but succeed ... thanks to you, O my lovey Ghostly Ghosty & brave Rush Attacky !

So far I'm happy breathing ...
Level 24 .
Vitalty 55 (48), give 541 HP (492) (extra boosts are from Armour Set & a Ring
Spirit 21 (7), give 362 MP (205) (extra boost = 59 MP from Armour Set & also another Ring)
Strength 12 (12)
Dexterity 10 (10)
Intelligence 66 (48) (extra boosts from Armour Set and 2 Heroic yewellery items (Bracelet & Earrings)

Skills (14 points left) - just the skills I choose, not writing down the Dragon Slayer skills.
Active skills :
Fear (2), Firewall (4), Fireball (1 +2 from Earrings), Healing (2), Hide in Shadows (1), Magic Missile (+2 from Bracelet), Stun Arrows (2), Summon Ghost (5) & Wirlwind (1).
Passive skills :
Destruction (1 +2 from Mister Neckty), Lockpick (4), Mana Efficiency (1), Master Herbalist (1), Ranger Stealth (1) & Summon Mastery (2) .

If I wish I can change a lot in my skilled build by putting other equipment on, especially Yewellery I've bought or found already many with +1 or +2 to a skill.
Just a "short" list of them (almost all) :
Ranger Suprize (+2 bracelet, +1 amulet), Summon Mastery (twice +2, Laiken's Sword & earrings & +1 amulet), Ranger Stealth (+1 Mister Shooty, +1 amulet), Regenerate (+1 Lovis Cohort Bow, +1 Adventure's Band, +2 Elder earrings), Blind (+1 earr, +1 bracelet), Charm (+1 Dead Man's Ring, +2 earr.), Potion Efficiency (+2 bracelet), Mana Eff. (+2 Amdusias Helmet, +1 Scorpion Necklage), Mana Leech (+2, bracel. Wizard's Companion, +1 Noryfundus Earr.), Rush attack (+1 Amulet of Slantwig, +1 Wishing Well bracel.), Hide in Shadows (+1 Amulet of the North, +1 Aleroth Archmage Brac.), Fear (+1 Noryfundus Earr.), Master Herbalist (+ 1, bracelet), ...

Best Whishes from Zixzax I must give all of you walking somewhere in the world of Rivellon wave

Greeting you all,
happy breathing Jurdenson,
lovely Ghostly Ghosty & brave Rush Attacky.
Not to forget the dark Killing Undead !

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Long time since I post here a new update ! eek

Short time ago I reached Level 32.

My collecting mania isn't over, but I have almost all the Formula's now ...
Only 7 different Potion Formula's to go :2 L2 (rev & dex), 1 L7(strength), 1 L8(dex) and 3 L10(str, int & full resist)
Only 13 Enchantment Formula's left : 1 L1 (Poison Aura), 1 L2(Magic Dam Aura - yewelley), 1 L3(Poison Aura), 1 L4 (Fire Curse), 1 L5 (Poison Aura), 4 L9 (Poison, Incr. Magical Dam, yewellery: Retribution Aura & Magic Dam Aura & 3 L10 (Ranged Protection, Retribution Aura and Static charge Aura).

I've done Stone's and Raze's Flying Fortress. Both were very difficult, especially Raze. I must set off the generators many times over and over ... I suspect Raze is running around to set on again the generators ... I don't know it for sure ... but after dying a few times I was becoming angry ... :hihi:

Keara's Flying Fortress is cleared, except Keara's Fortress with the maze (5 statues) and the highest flying rock (top).
But this is the first thing I gonna try next.

The Flying Fortress that remains and Broken Valley I haven't done them, beside Needleman's Storage.

In general I don't like a Polymorph spell, but in Dragonform I find it really funny & Usefull to use the Polymorph spell on the L28 Damian Flying enemies (and they're very dangerous, set my wings on fire, very deadly!) ! biggrin ... like a "Ladybird" they're as a mouse for the cat hahaha !! evil

My favorite skills I use mostly are :
Summon Ghost (12/13) (and somethimes Undead via skillpoint on equipment), Firewall (10/10), Explosive Arrows(7/10), Stun Arrows (5/5), Magic blast & Magic Missile (via skillp on equipment!), Hide in Shadows ... + Healing (5/5) ... Master Herbalist (5/5, via equipment 4 points!)

Skills I wish to study are "Way of (Ranger, Wise Wizard, Battle Mage) ..." -skills to see which one I love most and invest more in that skill (than only points via equipment) ... & Blind, Charm and Summon Demon ... and more I can't remember now .

All my runners (Tom, Harry and Dick) are fully upgraded. I experienced that Harry is the one who's most hurt, especially when I ask him to bring me Fanny Blossom . I try to vary a bit between Fanny Blossom, Earth Root and Dragon Nail (with Master Herbalist 5/5 I need only 1 Earth root to make a L 10 Mana potion !)

The most goldcoints I earn are coming from selling potions and Diamonds. A L10 dex potion gives me 286 gold smile.
Each new level I visit all possible traders and always buy all Herbs they have to make as much potions to use or sell .
I haven't invest many gold in Training skills, so the extra gold is a welcome gift .

Most open quests are done, except the Main quest ... I must still do the Ministry in Aleroth, the Mine Quarter in poisonous Broken Valley ...
My Workshop (Wesson) is upgraded twice and my Necromancer (Jonelath) platform too.
I really wonder what kind of "improvement" the upgrade of the Necromancer platform DO (besides of making it more beautiful with decorative statues, etc) ?

Boosted mostly Intelligence and Vitality (both around 70, with equipment on).

Next time more about my stats and invested skills. now only 2 or 3 skillpoints left and zero statpoints left. Only the battle against Zagan and Raze (after a couple of hours trying) I lowered the difficulty mode. All other battles are a nice challenge & not annoying because of "too difficult" on nightmare biggrin Escepially the battle inside a building/cave I've most trouble with ... but I've promised myself to invest more and more in Summoning skills and hide in Shadows and the skills that are a life saver too (like Hide in Shadows combined with Healing! - while my Creature and Undead or Ghost is dealing with the targets).

My Creature (I switched already a few times between a Mage Head and a Warrior Head) is currently a Fighter. I found a really nice "Head L10 Rush Attack/Fatality" on Raze Flying Fortress, in a Golden Chest ! smile

Greetings to all from
happy Jurdenson,
lovely Ghostly Ghost
and brave Rush Attacky,
Not to forget Zixzax, the Almost Wise,
stripped off his Teleporter Stones by the "Divine One" and kicked in this *%!°¨^$-* dimention !

Support
Support

I really wonder what kind of "improvement" the upgrade of the Necromancer platform DO (besides of making it more beautiful with decorative statues, etc) ?

Jonelath gives a bonus to melee resistance, while Igor gives a bonus to magic resistance (from Lancet's FAQ: +10 base, +20 after the first platform upgrade and +30 after the second).

In the original release of D2:ED, when I checked, the difference due to platform upgrades wasn't noticeable when using high level creature parts; I had to switch to low level parts to see a difference in the stats. In DKS with my creature having all perfect parts, its melee resistance with Jonelath was 65%; after the first and second platform upgrades it was 66%.

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Thanks Raze wink
Now I read this info I remember back that the two Necromancers on Sentinel Island say something like that (don't remember if they give this info via Mindreading or not) ...

And that's why I didn't notice the difference since my Creature has almost very early in the game high quality bodyparts (since having the Battle Tower) ... Now my Creature has all four parts of Perfect value, all Ghoulish . A great help in battle I must add smile !!

My Summon Ghost is also a big help (I noticed more than once the big difference between the fights with or without the Ghost .
I must only use 2 or a little more healing potions during the most hardest battles (Stone, Raze, Keara's followers, ...) thanks to the Summoned Ghost (and my Creature, of course). All on nightmare difficulty !
The point is that you best take attention for your Ghost and attack those enemies that are trying to kill your summoned Ghost, because then the Ghost defence himself and have no time to Heal you (fast enough). But if you upgrade Summon Ghost each time from the beginning on when possible, the Ghost is a great help smile .
What I always do before starting a battle : I turn back, summon the Ghost, turn again facing the enemies and start the battle, so the Ghost is/stay most of the time behind me so he is at a "safe" distance and have time to Heal me if necessary. And his Fireballs are an extra help in battle smile

On this moment I'm L 33 and have totally done Stone's, Raze's and Keara's Flying Fortress. Now I am on my mission in Kali's FF.
After, or in between this mission, I go to the Aleroth Ministry to help Zandalor. I think I'm ready for that battle :hihi: .... In the original ED I did the Ministry when I was about L 30 or 31.

I think I've played from L1 to L33 now at least 120 hours, for sure. But to be honest, each new level I take my time to visit all traders and write down what they have I'm interest in etc ... so I can visit them again just before I reach a new level (if I still wish to buy something)...

Harry, the herbs collector is mostly hurt after I ask him to find Fanny Blossom for me ... so I ask him for Dragon Nail, Earth Root and Blak Rose too ...

A L10 Rejuven. potion needs only 1 Earth Root with Master Herbalist 5/5 and so :
1 Black Rose > a L5 Strength, Dexerity OR Intelligence potion for 136 gold.
1 Earth Root > a L10 Rejuvenation potion for 185 gold
1 Dragon Nail > a L8 Str, Dex OR Int potion for 226 gold
1 Fanny Blossom > a L10 Str, Dex OR Int potion for 286 gold.

The more I play the DKS, the more I love this game !! I already go on for months ... great experience again, despite I played in the past the Ego Draconis part.

Many many thanks to all people on this forum for their input about the game and a Special Thanks go to the Team of Larian Studios for remastering Divinity II, make a nightmare mode and an blasting "Woooow" for all the Flying Fortresses !!!

thankyou

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Now I'm level 36 hero. Firsst some statistics (the numbers between the brackets are with only wearing my underwear, or to say, 'naked', but not in the exact point of "view" hahaha ) :
Stats (4 statpoints left) :
HP 805 (596) - MP 380 (246)
Vit 77 (56) - Spi 18 (6)
Str 31 (23) - MAR 59,83 (11,31) - CB 31 (23)
Dex 21 (13) - RAR 52,09 ( 6,73) - HR 30 (13)
Int 87 (75) - MgAr 57,3 (29,38) - IW 87 (75)

Skills (5 points left) :
Summon Ghost 13/15
Summon Demon 10/13
Summon Mastery 5/5 (3/5)
Hide in Shadows 4/5 (2/5)
Blind 5/5
Charm 5/7 (2/7)
Master Herbalist 1/5 (5/5 with spec. yewellery on)
Healing 3/10 (1/10)
Polymorph 3/10
Magic Missile 3/10 (can increase it via gear)
Firewall 9/15 (go to unlearn it, didn't use it anymore)
Thousand Strikes 5/10 (nice looking move this skills!)
Stun Arrows 2/10
Splitting Arrows 2/10 (not sure I'm gonna use it, maybe unlearn it)
Explosive Arrows 6/13 (4/10 = Bow of Orobas),it remains a nice funny skill, but no need to use it longer since my transformation into a Priest smile !

Wearing the full Set of Ulthring with all enchanted with Level 9 protection for melee, ranged and magic . And also put charms on them. They give each a point in a passive skill (Reg, Evade, Mana Leech & Life Leech).

It's very great to play a Priest
And so funny how I can eat & feast !

M
addict
addict
M
I thought you couldn't summon 2 creatures at the same time. Why bother putting points in Summon Ghost and Summon Demon ?

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard