Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Yeah, I know the sequel hasn't been announced yet but by watching the ending we can expect it, and so, I thought it would be nice if Larian could listen to some fans feedback in order to improve their formula.
Feel free to post here your concerns & suggestions.

Here are my suggestions:

-Better main character appearance & animation:
he's ugly as fuck and run like if he was carrying a stick in his ass. Also, maybe don't make him a silent hero, I know that is a gamepay choice but I don't like that.
In resume, he has 0 charisma, work on that for the sequel.

-Reworked gameplay:
some people may or may not agree, but I didn't enjoyed melee, maybe if including some ability to block attacks/projectiles could be the tip.
Also I think the skills & buffs need to be reworked also, buffs should be permanent when you cast them. Some skills need to be either reworked or removed.

-More ways to pimp your pet:
he's more of a gimmick but it's fun, but wouldn't it be nice if we could get some special loot for it? maybe like necro a Champion or one of these huge floating balls?
Also Necromancy pets could get a boost in the cool looking aspect.

-More side quests & more loot:
I like carrying that epic flame sword with +5 in awesomess & having my full "insert epic name" armor set shining in the middle of a battle.

And... that's pretty much all of my suggestions.
Now I would really like to know what are yours.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by yoomazir
Yeah, I know the sequel hasn't been announced yet but by watching the ending we can expect it

Hope you're right. I hope they made enough money with Divinity 2 so that they can get the financing to make another game.

I'd like to see the following in Div3

I'd like to see a full day/night cycle. In addition to this, I'd like for quests to be obtainable, progressable, and/or completeable only during certain times of the day.

I'd like to see different kinds of weather (rain/snow/wind). In addition to this, I'd like for quests to be obtainable, progressable, and/or completeable during only certain kinds of weather.

I'd like deeper alchemy/enchanting/charming with perhaps fewer items that can be produced but more useful or perhaps more lucrative items to procure that take more effort to achieve.

I'd like for there to be falling damage. I'd like for quests, puzzles and loot to draw the player into performing risky jumps that can lead to death.

I'd like for treasure chests that require a quest to solve, a puzzle to solve, or a difficult key to obtain (from a quest or puzzle) to NOT be populated with random loot, but rather with hand-placed loot - or loot that is appropriate based on the current skill emphasis of the player character.

I'd like the world to be, for the most part, one large contiguous map. I'd like for the story and quests to draw the player back to places previously traversed, with perhaps new enemies or quests to find or even some changes to the geography itself.

a_wife_01 glares at you threatengingly, ready to divorce!
old hand
old hand
Couldn't care if the hero was voiced or not, as long as we can construct his/her face and choose his/her skin color. That's what you are looking for with customization.

Better combat - blocking only needs to be added for this.

They say that one of their projects is where we can take dragon form again, if so, we need more freedom as a dragon.

L
stranger
stranger
L
native gamepad support for pc version

A
veteran
veteran
A
I won't tell what I want, because everyone knows that already grin - and I'm in the wrong movie anyway. wink

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Make Divinity 3 feel more mature like you did with DD.
Divinity 2 had a little too much humor involved in most of the characters behavior and actions, and the voice acting didn`t help much either.
Regarding the involvement, You did a very good job with FoV, now it`s time to use that knowledge and make a masterpiece.

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
old hand
old hand
If it weren't light-hearted, it wouldn't be Divinity.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by virumor

Indeed !! delight

For me, DD and D II are both equal depending on humour/funny characters etc ... !

Admittedly, DD has a more darker atmosphere than D II. The day/night cycle, the catacombs and even the music is "darker" ... wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Right, keep the humor, I was surprised by the amount & quality of it, it was refreshing.

I couldn't believe when those failed Slayers made a Power Rangers/Super Sentai group pose.

Last edited by yoomazir; 02/03/11 03:17 PM.
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
The only improvement I can thing of is:

Play "Drakan: Order of the Flame". Note the amazing Dragon combat (you can attack ground troops and burn scenery and structures). Improve DKS Dragon combat to match.

And most of all: remember that Dragons are supposed to be awesome! I found my human form much more powerful than my dragon form in DKS, which felt wrong...

Otherwise, the game's pretty much perfect!

A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by virumor

Indeed ! This is one of the things that make the Divinity games outstanding from the rest of the genre !

--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
P
stranger
stranger
P
please keep the humour, its fabulous

my only real want for dd3 is....MAKE IT!!

MAXOS!!!
K
stranger
stranger
K
i would ask for better maps and map markers.. especially quest map markers.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
i would ask for better balance

Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you. See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands... - Isaiah 49:15-16
A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by Kenze
i would ask for better maps and map markers.. especially quest map markers.

Ever played Gothic games ?

They don't come with any markers at all !

--Dilbert cartoon

stranger
stranger
I'd love to see the old places from DD once more. New content is cool, but nostalgia is the favorite feeling of mine. Also Zandalor. He must be there. No matter what he does, he jjust must be there.

As for the gaming side... I totally agree with the character cstomisation. I know, it's meaningless, but still, making him/her look as you wish does a lot on the long run. Voiced? No need, I would leave that to imagination, rather than forcing one certain voice on people.

I'd also enjoy more skills to choose from, and perhaps making them more "flashy" (eyecandy), especially the mageclass. Like firaball. Needs some flashy explosion.

Also no more map markers. I enjoy the fact that the game doesn't "guide" you with a huge red arrow to you destination, and actually leaves space for some searching, exploring and thinking.

But for all I care, make D3 using the engine and graphic from D2 and just add new chapter of the story, maybe it sounds cheap, but I know I would run and buy it the day it would come out.

Last edited by Elvin-kun; 04/03/11 04:26 AM.

I saw what you did there.
veteran
veteran
1a. In terms of the story, the game would only have the right emotional resonance, it would only "feel right" if the Divine kills Damien. This is because Divinity 2 went to great lengths to patiently resurrect the Divine from death.
1b. It would only be satisfying for the Divine to kill Damien if the player controls the Divine for the final fight.
1c. The player night not need to control the Divine for the entire time, but they would need to do so for at least a significant portion of the game, so it doesn't come as an unwelcome and frustrating surprise.
1d. You could still have a customizable face for most of the game, thanks to the established presence of illusionists. But it would be just as valid to play as one character the entire game with the same face, and this would free up resources to go to other areas of the game.

2. This game worked okay without a night and day cycle, thanks to the different lighting in different areas giving each a unique atmosphere, I understood what you were going for... but that was kinda weird, so a full day/night cycle would be okay as well.

3. Falling damage wasn't in this game because you transform by leaping off of cliffs. If there is no dragon transformation in Div 3, then falling damage should be in. But it was fun leaping off cliffs, although the engine was strange, you didn't fall in a proper parabola. At a short distance into your leap, you inexplicably lose ALL horizontal momentum and start falling completely vertically, which is not helpful and looks wrong.

4. Better balance of weapon power would be better. Dual Wielding is fun, but super-powerful compared to other types, and Hand-to-Hand is weak because Strength is capped at 100 and more powerful equipment doesn't affect that damage at all. Adding a block feature (for example, the "use" button when you are facing an enemy, or if you have your weapon out), would make the Sword + Shield option more attractive, but you would also need to rebalance One-Handed Without Shield. Two-Handed Weapons suffers from the existence of really powerful one-handed weapons. In FoV I accidentally bought one for my Two-Handed character because the high damage made me think it WAS two-handed.

5. Add in elemental damage and resistances/weakness again. There is fire, poison, and Magic Shock, but there's no way to know which enemies are resistant to certain types of damage, so there's no strategy to using them.

6. Keep up the same quality of humor and voice-acting, those were really good in this game.

7. If you'll use the mind- reading gimmick again, it could be used better than just "my secret stash/password is ..." . Flames of Vengeance was better in that respect, though.

8. If you'll use the dragon mode gimmick again, more freedom and more time spent as a dragon would be better. I would like to see cases where there are anti-HUMAN towers which are dangerous to someone on foot (but not a dragon), which can only be destroyed as a dragon, and locked gates which you need to blow up in dragon form. The entrance to Broken Valley mine might have been a good spot for one of those.

9. Better balance of some skills - You can only have one summon at a time, which limits their usefulness and promotes focusing only on one. Perhaps points into Summon mastery increase the number of summons you can have out? Debuff skills only hit one enemy at a time and are expensive enough mana-wise that you're better off just using damage skills. Perhaps increase the power of debuffs and/or lower the mana cost, maybe. I haven't played a pure priest yet though...

A
veteran
veteran
A
I'd like to see non-human races back again - and I mean not undead ones ( hehe ) and not Goblins or Imps ... I rather mean really Dwarves, Elves (if possible) and the old Lizard-Men, not to mention Orcs ...

--Dilbert cartoon

stranger
stranger
Oh right, almost forgot. Should there be mind reading again, really go with the line FoV set, rather than ED. Most of mind reading in ED had a weird feeling all around, like everyone in Rivellon just thinks about where they are hiding their "stuff" and how to get to it. In FoV, it seemed way more "natural", as it that's actually what people could think, given the situation.

I saw what you did there.
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
And make sure that out moral choices and aligment will have more impact/meaning in game world.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard