Next Thread
Print Thread
#439966 03/03/11 03:36 AM
J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Wow, I just noticed that this is not a very active forum at all...Posts that were top in the cue days ago are still even on the same page. It is just something I noticed as I am part of many other forums which are way more active. I take there are not that many people on the site or something like that...

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
The forums used to be very active (50-100 posts per day), but I've noticed they've gotten quieter in the last few weeks. Maybe most people have already finished the game?

I only check here occasionally since I finished.

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Almost Every game forum have this kind of silence periods, activity should go up when we will be given some official media/info(screenshots, for example)of another divinity game.

Or it's fault of sun activity.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Never been to the Larian's "chat" forums ? Down there there's rarely ever anyone showing up ...

I don't know why, but the people rather prefer to stay here ... Sad ...

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
journeyman
journeyman
The forums could perhaps use a off topic section?

*** Stay put while I go search for a butterfly net. ***
veteran
veteran
In the Chat section, like Alrik mentioned, there you can talk about whatever you want wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by D00M
The forums could perhaps use a off topic section?

As Joram points out, it already has such a section !

Are people too lazy to scroll down or what ? confused

--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
Never been to the Larian's "chat" forums ?

Nope, never been down there.

stranger
stranger
We're busy playing, dude horsey

Some reviews I wrote (in French) :
* Review of Ego Draconis
* Review of Dragon Knight Saga
C
C
Actually most forums are quite dead months after launch. You get much greater post volume for multiplayer games obviously because its in the games' nature to promote social behavior.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Maybe. But this forum still has its members from earlier times, in contrast to other forums.

I'm here since the original, very first Larian forum - and almost everyone of the few active German members in the German-language chat area are as well.

And the original forum was founded in 1999.

It was replaced at least once I remember, and the long-time members made backups of it for themselves.

Sad in a way that so much of the earliest discussions is now lost ... we were a crazy, interesting bunch of people.

This is from the second installment of the Larian forum : http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=6&Number=665#Post665

Stories from the earliest times of the Divinity development (compiled by me) : http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=6244&Number=151649#Post151649

The history of the "Lost Kingdom books" (kind of outdated by now) : http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=4642&Number=112790#Post112790

That's just for your information / for reference.

--Dilbert cartoon

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
look at Beth game forums, even Morrowind. comparing games with mod support and those without ought to give a hint why more companies are realizing that mod support is actually an investment and not an expense.

Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you. See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands... - Isaiah 49:15-16
A
veteran
veteran
A
Might be. But it's the users who decide what to do.

--Dilbert cartoon

E
journeyman
journeyman
E
Originally Posted by candlebbq
Actually most forums are quite dead months after launch. You get much greater post volume for multiplayer games obviously because its in the games' nature to promote social behavior.

Or anti-social behavior, as is more often the case. I gave up MMOs because of community negativity. Playing single-player games doesn't make me hate my fellow humans like MMOs tend to do.

I prefer 'slower' forums like these to forums that are full of a lot of noise, where substantive posts are driven off the main page within minutes, if not seconds. Also Larian folks seem more apt to join in the conversations, probably because unlike other forums they don't get flamed every time they post.

C
C
Originally Posted by Endurium
I prefer 'slower' forums like these to forums that are full of a lot of noise, where substantive posts are driven off the main page within minutes, if not seconds. Also Larian folks seem more apt to join in the conversations, probably because unlike other forums they don't get flamed every time they post.

That's an inevitable downside to an large community and its unavoidable that a small amount of people will start flaming, trolling, spamming, and what-not to create large volumes of unproductive conversation.

But if I read it correctly, that's exactly what the OP was critical of. But bigger is not always better. Personally, I don't like mass post volumes either. Your post is immediately lost in a sea of people debating whether one item is better than another or simply OT discussions about Apple vs Google.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by jolietjake
Wow, I just noticed that this is not a very active forum at all...Posts that were top in the cue days ago are still even on the same page. It is just something I noticed as I am part of many other forums which are way more active. I take there are not that many people on the site or something like that...

Wait ! wink
After one month the DKS is coming out in the US on Xbox (12 april 2011) !
Then this forum will be again more active (I think) delight

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
stranger
stranger
I could try comming up with some provocative trolls?

[Linked Image]

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by pall
Almost Every game forum have this kind of silence periods, activity should go up when we will be given some official media/info(screenshots, for example)of another divinity game.

Or it's the relaese on april the 12th of the US Xbox of the Dragon Knight Saga !!!

claphands

To all who recently begin to enjoy this Masterpiece,
Have Fun !!! wave

And I have fun to with Jurdenson on nightmare difficulty ... now just reached Sentinel Island and trying to learn Hermit using magic spells biggrin O, but Hermit, it's a friendly guy ... I, Jurdenson, may sleep in his cave every night ... I must protect him with my "working" Fireball spell rpg007

thankyou Hermit ... & thank you Larian for this beuatiful time in Rivellon !

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard