Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#440090 04/03/11 10:46 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I have made it through all of Raze's Flying Fortress's only to get to Raze and can't seem to kill him. Is there something I am missing? The Armoured skeletons are never ending. I pull the blue levers but don't seem to accomplish much by doing this. Just when I think I am getting somewhere he runs and rejuvenates. HELP! Please and THank you!

T
stranger
stranger
T
I found thinking about slow ways to torture the person responsible for the mission while swearing loudly an effective tactic, but I imagine you have tried that!

Just before his health reaches 50% stop attacking him and pull both levers.
Resume attacking him and the instant his health reaches 50% he runs off to heal, you get perhaps 15 seconds to finish him off.
Wait more than 15 seconds and he will magically teleport into both booths one after the other.

Timing is crucial.

One of very few things I dislike about this game, wich I thoroughly enjoyed btw!

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Yes there has been much cursing involved! Boy I hope I can pull this off. Thanks for the tip.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by tinfish
I found thinking about slow ways to torture the person responsible for the mission while swearing loudly an effective tactic, but I imagine you have tried that!

Just before his health reaches 50% stop attacking him and pull both levers.
Resume attacking him and the instant his health reaches 50% he runs off to heal, you get perhaps 15 seconds to finish him off.
Wait more than 15 seconds and he will magically teleport into both booths one after the other.

Timing is crucial.

One of very few things I dislike about this game, wich I thoroughly enjoyed btw!

The levers reset themselves and need to be pulled again.

Support
Support

If you stand near (or even in) one of the regeneration chambers, that will be the one Raze goes for when his health gets down; if you temporarily deactivate that one using the nearby lever (or block his path with your creature, summons and/or his summoned walking armours), he should not be able to make it to the other chamber (Rush Attack, a bow or magic should be able to finish him off).

General Raze how defeated? (D2:ED topic, but AFAIK it is the same in DKS/FoV)

Originally Posted by tinfish

Now, now, no need to make it personal... frown

T
stranger
stranger
T
A: I like Larian, so wouldn't wish them harm lol. (Well, only a little for this boss fight..... laugh ) And yes, I am joking.
B: He teleports into the booths if blocked.
C: Pulling the lever is no small task when surrounded.
D: Resetting the levers while he is beneath 50% isn't possible as he teleports into the booth.

I play on 360, PC might differ.
Basically we need to take him down the instant we pull the lever, or we are met with a cutscene the moment the levers reset.

I should add I stunned and blocked Raze and he still healed, the git.

Last edited by tinfish; 06/03/11 12:00 AM.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard