#440551 13/03/11 10:47 AM
O
olan99 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
Hi all,

Just bought the game off steam a couple of weeks back... am in the Broken Valley, playing on average difficulty... and I get almost no loot (as in one in 20 with luck) from any of my kills... is that to be expected ?!? (Div 1 was much more generous in taht respect !)

The only loot i get is from crates and the likes...

Thanks !

O

veteran
veteran
Have you installed latest patch? AFAIR, this issue was mentioned in patch3 changelog.

O
olan99 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
I've just let steam install patches, i haven't installed any manually..

I have version 1.4.9.70 according to the title screen (I have the dragon knight saga edition, but playijng through ego draconis for now)

Downloading the 1.03 patch for ego draconis now but something tells me it might not work...

Any ideas ?

O
olan99 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
Just tried the 1.03 patch.. doesn't work as expected as i have the DKS..

Is there a way to confirm the december patch has been applied through steam ?! (will it fix the issue anyway mind yo ???)

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
1.4.9.70 is the latest version (on Steam and other versions as well), so you're up to date.

I seem to remember that there wasn't much loot dropped by monsters, especially in the lower levels. E.g. when doing the goblin heart quest, it seemed strange that hardly any goblins had hearts...

veteran
veteran
I'm used to very little lot dropping from enemies. What I find annoying is the Empty bags you get when mind-reading people for their special stash. I really wish that issue would be fixed.

Support
Support

That should have been fixed in the second patch. See the appropriate support page for DKS or FoV.

stranger
stranger
Man i have the same problem but now its fixed because of Patches anyway.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze

That should have been fixed in the second patch. See the appropriate support page for DKS or FoV.

Strange enough, I have that last patch and after Mindreading Quincy (in gail) and go looking for his "Treasure" at the waypoint scrine, I found indeed a little chest, but it was totally empty! :eek;

Now, on my second playthrough I mindread Quincy on a later point (so my hero is a higher level) ... But now I remember I must still take a look at that litle chest biggrin ...

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
O
olan99 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
ok so am now confused smile

the only loot i sometime get is goblin's hearts and that's that.. no gold or equipement.. ever.. i'm level 9, so early in the game...

So, is that normal or is there a pb ? smile

veteran
veteran
About LOOT by killed enemies :
I'm on this moment level 9 and find loot by enemies:
1) Goblin hearts,
2) one time a body part for my creature (Rotten Goblin Legs)
3) and also 1 time an Axe. Maybe also sometimes a potion.
4) But after killing Penumbra (at level 9! Quest: Buad Blood) some goldcoints + a charms (+ 2 to Melee Protection) was the LOOT of Penumbra (not the quest reward itself, because that give me 1500 XP + 400 Gold (fixed) + one reward item I may choose)

Personal notes:
On this 2th playthrough (Xbox) on nightmare mode I try to always FIRST kill enemies, than do quests (or do a quest, but not go for the quest reward immediately!) wink
Also: I have on level 9 now only 1 point spend on lockpick & don't take attention on chests, barrels etc too many on low level, but writing down all the positions of possible loot I come across (in the beginning this take some time, but afterwards I have the feeling my patient will reward me well biggrin .

So many chests I must still open them!
Open them on a higher level : I wish to do a "test" to see how much better loot that will give my hero comparing to take early in the game 3 points in lockpick and open all chests I can find smile !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
As far as I know, chests won't produce any better loot by waiting for higher levels - there's been some discussion on these forums about this topic before, but you're welcome to try to prove it wrong.

Loot is random though, and you can benefit greatly by (quick) saving before you open a chest or turn in a quest. If the loot isn't what you want, reload and try again - but note that you won't get much better than the 'average' for the reward. For example, if if you find a reward that gives +2 or +3 level charms, then you're not going to get a +5 level charm out of it, no matter how many times you try. But you might get a +2/+3 charm more suitable to your current needs...

I've heard that with chests, once you get too close, loot becomes fixed (even after reloading). I can't confirm this though, let alone tell you how close is 'too close'.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Trippy
As far as I know, chests won't produce any better loot by waiting for higher levels - there's been some discussion on these forums about this topic before, but you're welcome to try to prove it wrong.

I don't know which discussion you mentioned, but read this :
a post of Macbeth from Larian Studios

I let you know if I'm more satisfied when I wait to open chest at a higher level wink

I even don't know if the loot get "fixed"(??) if I'm close to a locked chest and try open it, but my Lockpick skill isn't high enough ! think (I play on Xbox)

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze

It wasn't.

Although that character almost certainly predated the patch. Although I'm not sure why that would affect mind-reading pouches which I was nowhere close to before the patch.

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Originally Posted by Stabbey
It wasn't.

Although that character almost certainly predated the patch. Although I'm not sure why that would affect mind-reading pouches which I was nowhere close to before the patch.

It was though.

The problem is that this type of fix is made in the game's 'story' as it is called and this type of fix does not apply to active stories, i.e. save games. If you ever start a new character, the issue will in fact be fixed. Not ideal, no, but there was no other way about it.

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
veteran
veteran
Fixed?
What is exactly fixed?
That we NOT find EMPTY chest/box after Mindreading an NPC's mind?
Now, I only can say I met for the second time an empty little chest after mindreading Quincy in gail ... it's again empty ... confused

NOTE :
but I can't remember if I start a brand "New Game" after downloading the last patch !
I'm afraid I load a save game from in Farglow ... just changed the hero's name by the Illusionist and go further on with that save frown ... damn it biggrin ...
This will mean I can better start again ? eek

Last edited by Joram; 15/03/11 08:32 AM. Reason: see NOTE

journeyman
journeyman
Same problem as Stabbey, And I started a new game post 360 patch.

Example, Guard in docks who has a purse in some mushrooms, empty.

*** Stay put while I go search for a butterfly net. ***
M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Originally Posted by Joram
This will mean I can better start again ? eek

If you want result for that mindread, yes, I'm afraid so. Or you could just continue and don't waste XP on that particular mindread. The MR reward contains loot obviously, but nothing game-making: no unique set piece or anything like that.

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
veteran
veteran
Hi Doom,

So you clicked on "New Game" in the Main Menu of your Xbox after the last patch of february 11th of 2011 ?
If so, hmmm .. that's sad indeed ... if so, I better play further on (now level 10) and hope for the best delight

journeyman
journeyman
Hi Joram, I did indeed start a new game after the last patch, in fact I had stopped playing and was waiting on the patch to start a second playthrough smile

(which was even more fun, knowing where to finish quests quicker and putting skill points in the 'right' places)

*** Stay put while I go search for a butterfly net. ***
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard