Next Thread
Print Thread
#441356 06/04/11 05:32 PM
W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
I've tried both the PC demo (based I think on the earlier Eco Draconis version) and the new Xbox Dragon Knight demo and found things I liked and didn't like about each.

On the PC I thought the graphics were much better looking but some minor hiccuping tarnished the appeal a bit. Plus I found that I would need to run the medium detail to get 45+ fps. On high my framerate dipped into the low 20's. I found the controls on the PC adequate but felt like the 1-8 quick keys might be hard to hit in the heat of battle.

On the Xbox the framerate was solid but the screen teared a lot and the graphics just weren't as crisp. But I loved the way the game controlled and preferred the controller over the mouse keyboard on the PC.

I'm leaning toward the PC for the crisper graphics and ease of saving, and general UI. But I'm wondering if anyone has tried both versions and can offer some advice. Is the Dragon Knight graphics update on the PC likely to improve or worsen my framerate? Does a gamepad work well on the PC or is it just a matter of getting used to the mouse keyboard controls?

Thanks in advance.

O
apprentice
apprentice
O
Just buy a controller..they make an PC X-Box 360 layout one ( Microsoft ) 39.99 ....check New Egg.

I couldn't use a controller if my life depended on it...and I tried to learn, I really did.

I'd buy a console to play exclusives if I could hook up my G13 and RAT 7 to it.

Post specs and DX..maybe we can tweak a few more frames out of your rig.

Last edited by ogreballerina; 07/04/11 01:01 AM.

People say I'm crazy..but the voices in my head say I'm just fine.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard