Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
What I'd like to see? You being able to shapechange into a dragon again, just like in Divinity 2.

That was fun and awesome, I liked the dragon-flight-music etc... Hurray for Dragons!

veteran
veteran
I like to see again tons of HUMOUR !! Lighthearted & funny Mindreadings too !

I also have a wish to play a board or card game with 1 or more NPC's :hihi:
Just for Fun or maybe it may contain more than that ... including a quest or influence the hero's relation to (some) NPC's ?

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Oh, yes. The mindreads. The useful as well as the not-useful ones.

What was bad in Divinity 2, though: If you entered the first town and mindread everyone, you had a massive xp-debt so it became hard/annoying to level up enough beyond level 1 to fight the enemies.
Apart from that (and later in the game when xp did not really matter anymore) it was all perfect.

Keep the mindreads in, please.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Silverdragon
Oh, yes. The mindreads. The useful as well as the not-useful ones.

What was bad in Divinity 2, though: If you entered the first town and mindread everyone, you had a massive xp-debt so it became hard/annoying to level up enough beyond level 1 to fight the enemies.
Apart from that (and later in the game when xp did not really matter anymore) it was all perfect.

Keep the mindreads in, please.

Don't forget you don't need to mindread every NPC right away at level 1 wink
I personally start only mindreading the NPC's I can trade with (mostly they lowered their prize!) and a few other ones ... but I wait with the other mindreadings and then it all goes well smile .
Short : I distribute all mindreads over many levels ...
apart from some mindreads I think/know/feel I've only ONE change to do the mindread (like with Talana !).

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
S
S
Originally Posted by Joram
I like to see again tons of HUMOUR !! Lighthearted & funny Mindreadings too !

Quoth the man you meet in Orobas Fjords (not Crabbe)- Ew. Good thing it's laundry day. wink

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Trippy
Originally Posted by Demonic
Arx Fatalis was being made by Arcane Studios who wanted it to be the third installment but they couldn't obtain the rights and thus called it Arx Fatalis and developed a few things differently but it matches Ultima Underworld in a lot of things.

I never knew that! It's only $5.99 on gog.com, I'll have to check it out.

And let me tell you. It has the best shock in gaming history, you may not experience it. I'd say that 70% of the people who have played Arx probably wouldn't. It involves a certain NPC...when I saw the guy alive, I was shocked and even my character was shocked and shouted his name in surprise.

Oh and if you meet Carlo, tell him I said hello.

"Get this door broken down."

"No Am Shagar, no news."

"I have already told you everything I know about the rebels."

He's funny unintentionally.

Choices and actions have consequences in Arx and many are unexpected. Arx was truly ahead of its' time and love for it has inspired fans to even create a prequel:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/arx-end-of-sun

Last edited by Demonic; 08/06/11 12:14 AM.
M
addict
addict
M
THERE WILL BE SPOILERS IN MY RANT

So, it's been some time since D2:ED has been out, and after having been playing for a while now (a year), so I thought I'd talk back about the game. I havn't played FoV.

That post will be filled with much negativity, but remember that there are many things I don't talk about, and I liked all those. I'm hoping as much as everyone here for the rpg-that-dwarfs-all-other-rpgs-made-before.

So, two things I didn't like about story. First, the flying fortresses. They are just a grind, long, without story. In the rest of the game, there is always some quest around or flavor thing (like the cave with mentions to the elves, the hanged man on the island, and more...).

Second part, Damian. Why didn't he kill us ? I mean, you squash flies when they bother you. Until last video, I thought the plan was his since the beginning, not just Ygernas'.

Action. I feel the game is not balanced. Beginning is hard, things become easyier until the finish the island, and once you leave it, goblins in the fjords are hard again. Even in Hard Mode, once you reach level 26-28 (basically the flying fortresses), game is a cakewalk.
Combat at that time became boring. I am playing as a one-handed warrior (so no shield, just one one-handed weapon), and I just attack until ennemy drops. I put 10 points in whirlwind attack to have those fights be over quicker, not because I need the extra damage.

One solution for that. Same as dodging, being able to block with a shield would be good. Special moves like the ones in Zelda Twilight Princess would be a great idea (link to Link).

Support
Support

Second part, Damian. Why didn't he kill us ?

He already asked Patriarch to open a passage to the Hall of Echoes, but was refused. As the last dragon knight, the player character was the only hope he had of implementing his plan to resurrect Ygerna.

For combat, the level dependence was reduced in DKS, several difficulty changes were addressed, and some opponents were changed (particularly the start of the fjords). The flying fortresses were also redesigned; there were no extra quests added, but most anti-dragon shields and generators were removed, and they were made more fortress-like. DKS is still more challenging at the beginning and tends to get easier, but doesn't become a cakewalk (even opponents a few levels below you can still be dangerous in groups, unlike in D2:ED). Playing on nightmare difficulty I did stop assigning stat points (level 15) to keep the game challenging, and another person played without a helmet or breastplate and level 10 stats, though using a less direct combat strategy (the creature, summons and Charm) much of the time. Despite nightmare difficulty arguably not being hard enough most of the time (though some people also complain the casual difficulty is not easy enough), it is balanced much better than D2:ED. Actually I didn't find the balance that bad in D2:ED; difficulty jumps meant you should do something else first, and in general if a game gets too easy you can always pick a handicap.

apprentice
apprentice
There are only two things I'd like to see in the next Divinity--more interactions with NPCs which have greater emotional impact, and a female PC who doesn't move like she's trying to knock people sideways with her butt. The second is probably no problem for male players, and Larian is certainly not the worst offender in this department, but it's a pet peeve of mine. As a female player, I most often find myself playing male characters as female ones make me feel like I'm playing a floozy ballerina, rather than a warrior. wink

M
addict
addict
M
Originally Posted by Raze

He already asked Patriarch to open a passage to the Hall of Echoes, but was refused. As the last dragon knight, the player character was the only hope he had of implementing his plan to resurrect Ygerna.

From what I understood, he had no plan to ressurect Ygerna (or at least not now, and the dragon knight was not in it). And once the Patriarch opened the passage, Damian had no use for the Dragon Knight anymore.

For principles I am against putting myself too much handicap (but that's just me), and having points I don't spend is an heresy (in my opinion, but again it's just me).

Support
Support

he had no plan to ressurect Ygerna

Yes, he did. In addition to Lucian's comments about that in the end cutscenes for D2:ED, Damian says to Ygerna "I battled tirelessly to release you from death's grip."

(or at least not now, and the dragon knight was not in it).

So Daimian couldn't have seen an opportunity to take advantage of the dragon knight's actions, what with his own resurrection attempts apparently not close to success?

In any case, killing the player character as soon as a possible threat was perceived would have made for a pretty short game.

And once the Patriarch opened the passage, Damian had no use for the Dragon Knight anymore.

Presumably Damian would have tried harder to kill you if you meet him after the passage to the Hall of Echoes was created and then unsealed.

M
addict
addict
M
To me it feels like you go from the game and try to fit things with the "universe", instead of going the other way around.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
I would like to see the complete overhaul of the combat in D3 (project D?)

Combat in D2, for me, was mediocre. Some skills were useless, others were uninteresting, no combos, few attack animations, no block, rolling is the only dodge animation. After few hours it gets tedious and repetitive.

So what I would suggest is, customizable skills (Diablo 3) or their combination into more powerful skill (Fable 3, Bioshock 2). Or maybe something similar to Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning destinies system. More variety in skills, or less skills but more complex.

More attack animations, perhaps implementing the combo features

Different types of armor, not just metal plates and chainmails.

More complex bonuses granted by the equipment. (for example: Set gear grants new spells that can't be obtained otherwise. More parts of the set you wear, more powerful the spell becomes)

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by drazac

More complex bonuses granted by the equipment. (for example: Set gear grants new spells that can't be obtained otherwise. More parts of the set you wear, more powerful the spell becomes)

This seems to me a very nice idea !! wink

I like to see some more equipment-item that have the skill "Lockpick" on it ... so far( level 25) only Jagon's Necklage have it (and that's a quest item - I can only keep it by failing that quest and missing twice a quest remward !).

apprentice
apprentice

The big thing I'd like to see is ALL cutscenes be interruptable. To take one example,
it is a complete waste of time to be forced to watch Damien and Zandalor trash talk
at the end of the Laiken battle.

Specialization is for insects! - Robert A. Heinlein
old hand
old hand
^
Damien: Come down from your ivory tower you old goat!
Zandalor: O_o
Damien \_/
Zandalor: O_O
Damien: \_/
Zandalor frown
Damien laugh
Zandalor: \_/
Damien :|
Zandalor Hold your tongue villain! How dare the scourge of Rivellon show his face here! You shall pay yet for the atrocities you've committed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGNFDcNpx_o&feature=player_detailpage#t=98s

I see no problem with this dialogue. If there was an interrupt feature, it would have to be where your character interrupts in some way.

apprentice
apprentice
Apologies if these were mentioned.

• Auto-run button.
  • Adjustable and zoomable camera. The character seems far away in high resolutions. Lowering the camera in Div2 limits your field of vision and bounces on the terrain.
  • The ability to swim under water.
  • The ability to bind x+x hotkeys (eg. CTRL+A, SHIFT+1, etc.)
  • Loot drops by non-boss enemies. Even if it's just a few coins or a reagent.
  • Non-stupid looking weapon models and textures. I've yet to find a melee weapon that doesn't look like Dr. Seuss threw up on it.
  • Set items put into their own random loot table instead of every piece showing up in exactly the same place. Limits replay and diminishes the satisfaction of getting one.

Support
Support

I see no problem with this dialogue. If there was an interrupt feature, it would have to be where your character interrupts in some way.

I don't think Serutan was objecting to the dialog itself, merely the fact that you must wait for it complete every time you go through that section of the game. This is more of a problem if there is a cutscene before a fight where you keep getting killed, or if you wish to go through a section multiple times to check different dialog options or quest results, etc. After you've completed the game, though, certain cutscenes are not really essential if you start a new character.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Raze

I don't think Serutan was objecting to the dialog itself, merely the fact that you must wait for it complete every time you go through that section of the game.

Yep.

Specialization is for insects! - Robert A. Heinlein
S
S
how about two-handed Axes and War-hammers? just kinda lame that there were only two-handed Swords in the game.
also, what about including Spears/Polearms into the "two-handed" weapons catergory?

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard