Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#441756 13/04/11 07:22 PM
OP Offline
I know the major changes have been mentioned for DKS, like graphics. But what are some of the more subtle changes? Have any skill(damage) or equipment numbers been changed? Levels are supposed to matter less right, but is that just for damage or is enemy EXP less impacted by being a higher level?

30johner #441757 13/04/11 07:40 PM
Support
Support

Someone who has played DKS may be able to add more...

The damage for Explosive Arrows was reduced, and I think a couple other spells/skills were adjusted, as well.
It was the level dependence in combat that was reduced; AFAIK there were no changes to experience.

The equipment sets that were in D2:ED are in different locations, and more sets were added. Someone in the Atlus Ustream mentioned equipment only has level requirements, and not stat based requirements. Some dragon skill books have been moved or removed from the D2:ED locations (the librarian in Maxos temple no longer gives you one, despite still mentioning it in the conversation).

The effects and level requirements of some enchantments have been changed (generally higher effects and lower requirements), which are also used by the game's random equipment generator.

Raze #441763 13/04/11 09:17 PM
OP Offline
Thanks for the reply. Although I got DKS for my xbox yesterday, I'm just messing around in the demo right now. I have seen that explosive arrows damage and thousand strikes mana cost has been halved. Destruction lv 1 was also reduced from 18% to 10%, I always thought it was weird how there was only a 2% difference between lv 1 and 2 for that skill. Most other things seem about the same.

In terms of graphics everything for the most part looks smoother and more 'shiny'. However I don't like how the camera is right at my characters back. there's no way to zoom out?

One weird thing is I got a heroic rank bow out of a crate in farglow with a bunch of bonuses. Was that a fluke or is equipment that much easier to get?

Last edited by 30johner; 13/04/11 09:19 PM.
30johner #441765 13/04/11 09:51 PM
addict
addict
From the demo, I noticed that early shops carry magical and heroic equipment much more readily, like Derk in Broken Valley Village. The downside is more buffs on the weapon and more enchantments mean stuff will be much more expensive.

Lancet #441769 13/04/11 10:39 PM
OP Offline
Now that I actually started the game I have the mining guild, annihilator and orobas equipment sets. I think I remember someone else stating they started with a bunch of gear but I can't remember which thread. Does everyone start with these or do you get random sets depending on your disk. Now I have 15 items I can't do anything with until lvl 15.

30johner #441774 14/04/11 12:40 AM
Support
Support

I don't know about the sets.
In the demo I went through the training area a couple dozen times to get used to ranged combat and collect enough gold to purchase a bow with 1-3 damage, with a bonus +10-30 magic damage. Unfortunately I didn't notice it had a level 11 requirement until I bought it (they moved the listing of the requirements in DKS, red text isn't really easy to see on my TV and I hadn't adjusted the brightness in the demo's graphics options).

Raze #441777 14/04/11 12:48 AM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Raze

Someone who has played DKS may be able to add more...

The damage for Explosive Arrows was reduced, and I think a couple other spells/skills were adjusted, as well.
It was the level dependence in combat that was reduced; AFAIK there were no changes to experience.

The equipment sets that were in D2:ED are in different locations, and more sets were added. Someone in the Atlus Ustream mentioned equipment only has level requirements, and not stat based requirements. Some dragon skill books have been moved or removed from the D2:ED locations (the librarian in Maxos temple no longer gives you one, despite still mentioning it in the conversation).

The effects and level requirements of some enchantments have been changed (generally higher effects and lower requirements), which are also used by the game's random equipment generator.

Wow, no stats requirements? Thats freaking awesome!

30johner #441778 14/04/11 12:49 AM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by 30johner
Now that I actually started the game I have the mining guild, annihilator and orobas equipment sets. I think I remember someone else stating they started with a bunch of gear but I can't remember which thread. Does everyone start with these or do you get random sets depending on your disk. Now I have 15 items I can't do anything with until lvl 15.

I got it too, I think it came with DKS

born2beagator #441787 14/04/11 01:42 AM
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by born2beagator

I got it too, I think it came with DKS

Those sets were supposed to be an exclusive for the Steam version (at least that's what it said when I purchased the game on Steam).

Trippy #441873 15/04/11 12:35 AM
OP Offline
I did pre-order mine from Gamestop. Maybe its a bonus that was never mentioned? I also have a save from Ego Dragonis(which I sold and put towards another game.) It could be a bonus for having that maybe?

Anyway I just hope I can manage the extra items and don't end up wasting a skill point on encumbrance.

30johner #441877 15/04/11 01:11 AM
addict
addict
I don't ever use encumberance anyways. I just don't pick up any ingredients until I get the tower, then I have them coming out my ears with my runners.

30johner #441878 15/04/11 01:11 AM
Support
Support

The North American Xbox release was advertised as including all previously released DLC (mentioned in the Amazon and Gamestop product pages, etc). I assumed they meant the D2:ED DLC sets (as their inclusion in DKS was also mentioned in the forum), but since there was apparently a limit on the Steam exclusivity of those three sets, they got added as well.

Raze #441880 15/04/11 01:15 AM
addict
addict

The North American Xbox release was advertised as including all previously released DLC (mentioned in the Amazon and Gamestop product pages, etc). I assumed they meant the D2:ED DLC sets (as their inclusion in DKS was also mentioned in the forum), but since there was apparently a limit on the Steam exclusivity of those three sets, they got added as well.

I don't currently have the Blood Echelon set, unless it is something you can find

born2beagator #441882 15/04/11 02:16 AM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by born2beagator

I don't currently have the Blood Echelon set, unless it is something you can find

The D2:ED DLC sets are scattered around in-game. The Steam "exclusive" DLC sets are the ones given when starting a new ED chapter game.

Lancet #441888 15/04/11 03:43 AM
OP Offline
For people that have played DKS does the healing rate of the ghost summon seem improved or better in some way? Also the duel wielding kinda confuses me. Which hand in the menu is you main and off hands.

Last edited by 30johner; 15/04/11 03:49 AM.
30johner #441892 15/04/11 04:25 AM
addict
addict
Also the duel wielding kinda confuses me. Which hand in the menu is you main and off hands.

It seems to be bugged because you change hands and your stats don't change.

UNKNOWN: Friends help you move...True friends, help you move bodies...
E.A.P.: Blood was it's Avatar and it's seal.
E.A.P.: Stupidity is a talent for misconceptions.

SENIOR CINCO #441894 15/04/11 05:01 AM
OP Offline
Something I just found out. The Jackson's amulet doesn't give the vitality and spirit boost it did before. It just has the evade boost. I guess it was kinda OP so they weakened it. Maybe I should make a differences thread because I don't think there's one that covers every little change.

Last edited by 30johner; 15/04/11 05:02 AM.
30johner #442077 17/04/11 09:14 PM
addict
addict
No boars.. no ducks.. no more..

Creature no pee pee..

Last edited by SENIOR CINCO; 17/04/11 09:53 PM.

SENIOR CINCO #442083 17/04/11 11:26 PM
OP Offline
Yeah I've noticed there are hardly any animals. I'm still early in broken valley but after farglow I haven't seen rabbits, are there even enough to trigger the killer bunny? I guess there were only like 5 boars in the original so no big deal there, but it was kinda fun to kill the ducks. I've also noticed less chickens, none since farglow.

The creature no longer pees? That's kind of a relief and a disappointment at the same time. It did it too often in ED but now it stopped all together? Once every five minutes would've been okay.

30johner #442084 17/04/11 11:33 PM
addict
addict
There are more rabbits it seems than in ED, as you get further in. So killer bunny is no prob, unless it's triggered by accident from poison aura and catches you 2.5 hrs from last save while you're in combat with 4 baddies....#^*%!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard