Print Thread
#441941 15/04/11 06:41 PM
R
Ram Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
I am level 15 and trying to defeat the dragon Amdusias. What can I do? He keeps firing fireballs at me before i even get in the room. I die before i can even get shot off. I killed every goblin in the land and can't seem to go anywhere else in Broken Valley to get higher. Should I go into the next village and leave the dragon alone until some other time?

Support
Support

You need to turn Amdusias human in order to defeat him. He can not be attacked in dragon form. Explore everywhere else there, and he may not be as agressive the next time you enter the room (in D2:ED he attacked me the first time I went in, but the next time he was circling around off to one side, and ignored me).

The librarian is looking for a book (that can be found on that level)...
hint
The book in question contains various transformation spells, one of which Amdusias used to become a dragon. When you bring the librarian this book, he will give you the second volume, which contains the counter-spells. Reading that book from your inventory (wherever you are) will cast the counter-spell, as long as you have the required ingredients.

or in a bit more detail
The book can be found in the chamber with the bedrooms upstairs...
[spoiler]The book is in a locked chest downstairs, while the key is in the secret room upstairs - to access this room use a book in the bookcase in one of the bedrooms.

The ingredients can be found near the key to the chest, and in the room with Amdusias...
The vial of blood is in the secret room, and looks a bit like a candle at first glance. The scales are on the ground on the path to the blood alter.
[/spoiler]

BTW when you finish off Amdusias you will get access to Sentinel Island. Your first encounter there you can mindread to go up a level, so the higher level you are (in D2:ED I made it to level 18 in the fjords) the more of an experience bonus that will be. You don't need to get to a high level, but it would be better if you got to a new level before entering, to get a full level bonus.

apprentice
apprentice
Thanks I got stuck myself this weekend, when I get back I should be able to figure it out now. your the man Raze.

SENIOR CINCO: I suffer from an acute boot fetish and am compelled to see my characters feet...lol...
apprentice
apprentice
now this is my own personal doing but I leveled in fjords till 15 then teled back to the temple, ran in and got the scales, ran back OUT away from the death run to the tunnels before him and used the spell to turn him to human. I called my pet who had some decent power and let him eat amdu while I ranged him.

stranger
stranger
I took him on at level 20 so It was pretty easy for me to beat him just saying

apprentice
apprentice
anything before like 13+ is hard because that fire thing he does SUCKS!!!

Support
Support

If you fight him at melee range he will not use Explosive arrows, and someone mentioned that you can jump into the blood fountain (presumably for archers or mages), so if he casts Fear you will not run very far.

apprentice
apprentice
his big thing is to pison arrow or range hit you and then tag you with an explosive arrow for the final kill shot.

veteran
veteran
I beat Amdusias at level 14 (on nightmare difficulty mode) and is for sure possible wink
But I must say I thoroughly prepared myself & take my time.

What I do?
At that time I had (and still have) a Creature that use Fireball (skill L6), so not so good against Amdusias with his killing Explosive Arrows(!!) .. better is to have a Melee head for your Creature (with for example Fatality skill), but I had not found some head at that time so I decided not to use my Creature.
But I was wearing the Amulet of the North that has the skill + 1 to Hide in Shadows and I put 1 extra point in this skill (to be sure) so I had more that time enough to run to the dragon scales, take them and run back. After the cooldown time of Hide in Shadows I go to transform Amdusias out of his Dragon form and at the end of the conversation I use again Hide in shadows and run away from him.

At the time my mana & HP are back OK I first make a seperate save game.
After that I drink potions, the best I can at that time :
Lesser Strength, Lesser Intelligence, Lesser Dexterity and a Minor Full Resistance.
I summon my Ghost (L 5/5), and had also 1 point in Summon Mastery, so he can help me in battle and HEALING me ! smile
My hero on that moment is wearing the FULL Armour Set "Defenders of Aleroth" with a great Mace I enchanted it with a + 20 to Magic Damage. My Intelligence was already around 15/18 I believe and with that extra Intelligence potion even more so my Mace did around 125 Magic Damage !!
Also wearing a Bracelet with + 2 to Rush Attack.

Then I use Hide in Shadows and run to Amdusias and begin to melee attack him !
Use Rush Attack because Amdusias was "trying" to use his bow (I think because my Ghost attack him with a Fireball!) ... after that Amdusias take his sword and use it to the end of his life ! (but it was a very fast/short fight)
In between I only must use quickly 2 Lesser potions : Rejuvenation and a Healing potion to be SURe to survive ... my Ghost, I don't remember he must do much ... because using the Mace of the Defenders of Aleroth was a very fast trip to kill Amdusias! biggrin

But without Hide in Shadows ... hmmm ... my HP was already more than 500 HP ... maybe, but I'm afraid NOT, but maybe just with running and using Rush Attack and without Hide in Shadows it is also possible to defeat Amdusias ... you can try that.

Good Luck with killing Amdusias !
Joram (& Jurdenson)

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard