Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I have several times tried to have the guy in Broken Valley enchant some of my stuff (the guy by the wishing well) - But, only a few items comes up white and enchantable - the rest of the list is grey. Do anyone know why? Because it is of course not the items that I want enchanted that shows up white ...

Support
Support

An item needs an enchantment slot in order to add an enchantment (which should start showing up on equipment about level 10, or so). If the equipment already has an enchantment, you need to remove it before you can add a different one.
In the equipment list it indicates which items have enchantment slots, how many there are and how many are filled (for one empty enchantment slot there is a '(0/1)' after the name; for 1 enchantment on an item with 2 slots, it shows '(1/2)', etc, and if there are no enchantment slots there is nothing after the (grey) name).

OP Offline
Well the problem is that things I know have empty enchantment slots, shows up written in grey - and is shown with the 0/1 empty slots, and then I cannot chose it for enchantment. Ex. Lets say there is a ring or my bow that I can see have empty slots when I look in my inventory, when I try and enchant them at the guy next to the wishing well, they do not show up in the list written with white, but in grey, so I can´t do anything. In fact, there are only like four items in the list that I can get enchanted (written in white) and I know that most of my items have empty slots. Do I need more than the charm and an empty slot for it to work? Is there something that I miss out on?

veteran
veteran
When you go to enchant things, there should be two buttons: Enchant and Disenchant. If something is full of enchantments (the small beige text), click Disenchant and remove it, then you can add an enchantment you have discovered.

Enchantments and Charms are different things.

Support
Support

Do you have the category of enchantment selected that corresponds to the equipment you wish to enchant (weapon, armour or jewelry)?

To (permanently) add a charm to a piece of equipment, select one in your inventory with an empty charm slot and hit A on the Xbox, or right click on the PC, and choose Charm from the menu (any charm in your inventory can then be selected to add).

veteran
veteran
I think the problem is you, the Endless, has not (enough of) the required Gems/Ores for that kind of Enchantment you wish to add on one of your equipment items !
And IF an enchantment is selected by the Enchanter "Dreavan" (the NPC by the Wishing Well wink ) when you have choose to Enchant something, all Enchantments are written in "grey" when you don't have the required Gems/Ores !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
OP Offline
Thanks to you both - Raze and Joram - you are right - I wasn´t aware of the different kinds of gems and the difference of Charms and enchantment. So thanks for enlightning me wink

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard