Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#76646 23/06/03 06:13 AM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
ok how does recuperation figure out in your attack? i noticed that different weapons have different weapon speeds, but sometimes i see weapons sold by merchants that have speed 1 to 5, but still have a recuperation value. for example, i chanced upon a weapon, long bow of lightning reflexes. has a weapon speed of 5 i think, but still has a recuperation value.

is there a table for it for the different weapons? thanks.

"what we see with our eyes alone isn't necessarily the truth..." - final fantasy tactics
#76647 23/06/03 02:03 PM
apprentice
apprentice
I've parsed out a couple items and it seems that recuperation time is the time it takes you to recuperate between swings. For example a heavy sword or hammer will take longer between swings than a light dagger or shortsword. The "Speed" modifier on a weapon somehow speads it up. I'm not sure if that is a direct subtraction from your recuperation time or some other formula. All my parsing efforts have been visual with a second hand timer, I've yet to come across a program that runs behind DD and records your dmg done like I used in Everquest. My best guess is that a weapon with a recuperation time of 15 and a speed modifier of 5 would have an actual recuperation time of 10 before taking into account any skill specializations. Not 100% sure though.

Calonderiel

Calonderiel Master of the elements... What!? NO!! I did not say elephants!
#76648 23/06/03 04:41 PM
Support
Support
I'm not sure if that is a direct subtraction from your recuperation time or some other formula.

It is a direct subtraction; your example is correct.

#76649 24/06/03 02:11 AM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
thats cool. now i finally know how it affects in-game swings. i thought initially that they were independent of each other.

"what we see with our eyes alone isn't necessarily the truth..." - final fantasy tactics

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard