Next Thread
Print Thread
#442915 26/04/11 03:19 PM
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Hi! I've looked everywhere for these answers but can't find them in the manual or in any kind of guide or walkthrough so I thought I'd ask here smile

I chose the Warrior way from the first town. With that being said, how the heck do I cast magic? I don't see any way to do it. There's got to be a way to heal myself as I've completely bought every kind of food and healing potion I can buy and/or find. I'm at level 14.

How do I use a bow? I can equip it but not use it. It's correct for my level. It shows on my character and that's it.

I'm on the XBox 360 version of the game. Is there any way to increase the size of the text? It's almost unreadable on my screen. Any help you can give me would be much appreciated!

Flow Flow Flow!
veteran
veteran
Have you find the Skill window where you can find all kind of Skills of all classes (Priest, Mage, Warrior, Ranger, Dragon Slayer) ?
there you can spend your skillpoints on for example "Fireball" and after that you can put that magic fireball spell on one of the 8 buttons on your Xbox controller (press for more than 1/2 seconds one of the 8 buttons and you can select a skill you wish to put on that button.

There's a Healing Skill, but that required level 15 wink

In your Inventory window you can put all gear on you wish to wearing.
The FIRST tiem you have a Bow, do the same as I say above about the Fireball spell :
press in a preferred button for a few sec and select the bow (or potion, food, drink, melee weapon).

I play on a flatscreen of 19 inches and the size of the text is more than big enough. Maybe ask this question also in the "Technical Problems" forum ?

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by GoSparkie
I'm on the XBox 360 version of the game. Is there any way to increase the size of the text? It's almost unreadable on my screen. Any help you can give me would be much appreciated!

Hello GoSparkie,

Many thanks for grabbing the game, hope you'll have a lot of fun! up

Unfortunately other than lowering the game resolution, there's no other option to influence the font size.

Support
Support

If you pause the game (or the low hit point auto-pause kicks in), you can hit a shoulder button to bring up a menu similar to assigning button functions. From there you can use food, potions or cast any spells that do not need a target.

If you visit the alchemist in the village, you may have the ingredients and formulas needed to make some more healing potions.

The text is a little small on my TV, but not enough to make it hard to read (except for red text, but that is more an issue with the TV).

Welcome to the forum. wave

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Oh good! I was pausing, going to inventory, scrolling to food, using. Waiting a second. pausing again. using more food. Ugh. tedious. Must. Learn. Hotkeys.

And re: the alchemist in the village...the only one I've found so far is that big talking tree. Or did I totally miss something?

I will ask about the resolution issue in the technical problems section. Thanks Joram!

Flow Flow Flow!
journeyman
journeyman
Yes, the "big tree" is the alchemist in the village. As long as you have the ingredients and the potions He will brew them for you.

Enjoy the game!

Tinman21

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men stand by and do nothing" - Edmund Burke
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Woohoo! I finally got some stuff assigned to buttons and now I can heal and fire arrows and make swiss cheese out of bandits. You guys rock.

Flow Flow Flow!
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
You lucky newb, although I am a newb I have only been able to get a few hours in..
Im in envy.... sigh!

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard