Next Thread
Print Thread
S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Hello RPG fans,
This will be a text based adventure... just for fun and at your leasure, you may add, change
direction of the story as you wish within reason. It will be a fun experiment! Everyone and anyone may post thus adding to the story as we build lore and cannon. I am am not grammer expert by any
means so if your willing to give your imagination a fire, feel free to join with your own build
of your special toon to create a RPG Story yet to be written.... One rule please keep this an
fantasy adventure ....

The eyes began to open, a raging pain could be felt through the Half Orc body, Washed ashore upon the edge of a fog filled swamp. The Half Orc grabbed his skull from the pounding pain and reached
for his back from a never ending ache. He inspected the three large wounds with his fingers patroling the painful scars.

Once he began to become aware , he realized he could not even remember a name or past that he could pull into his mind " Who am I, where am I?" screamed the half orc into the air at nothing.

Soon the pale colored half orc came to his feet and began to search his mind for answers, yet the answers he sought seemed to still evade him. He walked the edge of the Grey Lake watching the small
ripples in the brackened brown water as he came upon a handle sticking out of the muck and sand.
He reached down while still holding the painful scars and grabbed this slimy handle. The beach let out a sucking sound as the long sharp two edged sword was pulled from it's nasty grave.

The half orc looked over the near perfect blade with strange beauitful etchings on both sides, The being had no idea who he was but he knew what this was, a work of art is this sword, thought the
half orc to himself.

As he continued to admire the sword and began to swing it as if it where a feather amazed at its speed but something in the murkey dark water caught his eye. A milky white object seemed to refect in and out of the brown and grey tides near the beach. He stepped closer to the water and could not tell what it was. He finaly decided to put his hands into the bracken water and grab it.

The half orc was amazed at the weight of this object as he pulled and grunted in pain, he had to
see what lay beneath the dark water. A loud popping noise burst out of nowhere as the half orc fell
backwards onto the beach ,he screached in agony when his back slammed to the ground. He shook off the pain and looked towards his feet, a layer of fear peeled back as he saw the bloated purple and blue skeletal corspe of some kind of giant, the half orc tried to scurry back quickly with a battle
in mind. As the half orc reached his feet he realized the popping noise was the corpse breaking in
half under the dark tide. He had pulled a giant of some sort from its shallow water grave.

The half orc stood in amazement for he had only grabbed one finger of this thing, were there more
of these beasts near thought the half orc as he scrambled to his new found weapon.

Continued : add if you wish , make your own begining to meet the half -orc with your story
Setting so far: an overgrown swamp that reaches into the brownish gray lake.

P.S. sorry for the bad grammer but it is a start..... lol

Last edited by StoneMonster; 27/04/11 07:09 PM.
addict
addict
The sunlight breaks the horizon, and yawns through the alabaster tinted window of a hand hewn log structure, nestled near a great wood overlooking a rolling meadow glistened with tears of dew. From inside the cabin the silence is broken with the sultry mutters of a stunning beauty.

"Sleep well, my darling?", she asks.

The man rises to an almost upright position. His body, though not aged past his mid years, bear the scars and pains of many battles against man, creature and myth. Newly awakened his eyes slowly come into focus to gaze upon the the lovely that he calls wife. She stands over him with her long black hair giving off a blue like sheen from the morning light, and gently brushing across his barreled chest. She shrills and giggles as he grabs her swiftly and effortlessly, yet ever so gently, and brings her across his body to lay rest at his side.

"Sleep well? After the events you bestowed upon me last eve? I should say it bares to reason I was able to be revived at all, considering the coma like state I was reduced to.", he said.

"Oh Nordoux, you're always such the jester.", she said.

"The jester of your court, my queen Sonoura.", he said.

The atmosphere of the small cabin is filled with the aroma of cooked ham and roasted nut brew that Sonoura has prepared just prior to the awakening of her now somewhat docile lord of war. After the morning meal Nordoux gears up with light leather garb, a small hunting knife, and a not so impressive bow that he constructed from yew and sinew.

Sonoura: I'm glad you let me talk you into moving to the countryside. I find it very tranquil and private where one can do as they please without the outside influences of others.

Nordoux: Tranquil...indeed. If these hunts don't start producing more food we will be forced to return to the city. Among the...influential others.

Sonoura: Now, now darling. I'm sure you will be more than successful in producing enough meat for us.

Nordoux: It seems that for every boar I harvest, two are taken by those damn Earthwolves. What happens when the herds are thinned to the point that they start looking closer to home to satisfy their ravaging hunger, and I'm not here to mount a defense?

Sonoura: You know perfectly well that I can protect myself!

Nordoux: Wielding a spatula and an iron skillet is hardly a means of fending off a pack of Earthwolves.

Sonoura: Don't be coy with me Oh bringer of death. For I need not weapons to yield destruction of my own!

Nordoux: You swore an oath to your dying father that you would not invoke the presence of that horrid evil again! The same type of evil that took the lives of hundreds of my men. Were not for the Sword Of Sapian...

Sonoura: You can STOP right there. That sword possessed a power greater than anything I could conjure up. It took over your mind, body and soul to the point where one couldn't see if there was any man left in there at all. I'm glad you're rid of that godforsaken thing.

Nordoux: Rid!? You mean lost...stolen by thieving...

Sonoura: I MEAN RID!!

Feeling his temper starting to reach unprecedented yet not entirely unfamiliar levels. Nordoux storms from the cabin to vent his anger on wild boar or anything else that may fall prey to his makeshift bow or hunting knife that is but a small sewing needle by comparison to the mighty Sword of Sapian, still etched in his memory.

UNKNOWN: Friends help you move...True friends, help you move bodies...
E.A.P.: Blood was it's Avatar and it's seal.
E.A.P.: Stupidity is a talent for misconceptions.

addict
addict
I ain't reading all that

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
The half orc looked alert with sword in hand but he could still feel the pain gripping
scars down his back. His eyes scanned the fog filled forest, the strange green canopy with
twisting roots that lead back into the blinding white fog. Nervous and in pain the half orc
set with his back towards the lake to keep his eyes ready for a battle. The half orc slammed
the tip of the sword into the sand, within reach and latched on to the handle with both of his
hands as he leaned his head forward to rest on the swords hilt.He began to watch his own breath
shutter in and out. Over and over he tried to put things in the proper place in his mind, but nothing made sense. He knew what a sword was and how to use it, but he could not even recall
his own name. Who am I ?, where have I come from? the half orc questioned himself.

Behind the half orc the lake came quietly alive, the lakes brown stagnet water rippled as
as nine huge eyes surfaced and began to look around, it found prey and an easy target.
The creature began to move silently through the water towards the grimy beach, now all its
eyes began to focus on the half orc as the hidden water beast quietly began to speed up.

addict
addict
Nordoux travels along the edge of the great wood, on a path carved into the earth from his own trek, spanning almost a year. Now, from summer of last, it is mid spring. He stops along a river that channels the melting snow from the cloud brimmed caps of the monument peaks that tower over the great wood like gods standing over their creations.

He begins to gather reeds from the edge of the water to replenish his stock of arrows. He is very selective and deliberate. For he knows only the true will assure the meat harvest. As he collects one, he culls the distorted. He caresses the young, like a gardener tending his vegetation, to promise the next venture. Through the therapy of his little garden of reeds he finds a calm. A calm that does not share the state of the warrior sparked at the hand hewn cabin. A calm that is married to what must now be the hunter.

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
The half orc raises his head from the sword, and hears a strange noise,the shuffling cuts of
water echo in his head. He turns back to see the large creature as it lunges forward out of
the lake like a volcano erupting from it's summit. The half orc moves quickly as he snatches
his sword and dives out of the way , the water beast lands right where the half orc rested.
"For you my meat" came out of the creatures mouth." You have made a fatal mistake, for I am
not a meal sewage beast" said the half orc as he raised his new sword behind his right shoulder
preparing to engage in combat. The creature then stood on four legs as it reached twice the
size of the half orc, Toad like in it's features brown and green patch's of color all over
the strange predator. The webbed bones from it's spine, followed down to a small tail. The
creature was covered in boil's that oozed stink. Feet made for land or water and mouth full
of knife shaped teeth as it spoke " My food talk , me hungry, talk food taste sweet."

The half orc was taken back abit by the creatures size, with a running charge the half orc
swung his sword with conviction at the left front left limb and missed ,as the creature
became agile and hopped to his opposite side as it spoke "Gretch love fight food, make it fun". The half orc was in shock at the speed of the huge creature. Then you shall love the taste of your own blood!,screamed the half orc as he prepaired for another strike.

addict
addict
Back at the cabin, Sonoura clears the table of the morning's wares. She happily hums to the point it's almost like singing. She takes a seat and begins to lay out a series of cards runed with strange markings. As she arranges the cards in a precise order, she mutters to herself...

Sonoura: Yes, my dear...I meant rid. Rid! of that sword, Rid! of that armor...and soon to be RID! (grinding her teeth)...OF THE GREAT NORDOUX!

She throws her arms into the air, with such force it lifts her slightly from the chair, and bellows out a call. A call most thunderous for someone of her stature.

Sonoura: COME BEFORE ME! OH, KALARETH! I INVOKE THEE!!!

addict
addict
Nordoux makes his way deep into the great wood. With the boar population fading with each venture, so his trek carries him further from the cabin. It now takes almost a day's half to reach the herds of boar, that once flooded the great wood and poured into the valley below the cabin.

He comes upon the edge of a small clearing. He assumes the role of the great cat, remaining all but invisible, as he blends into the brush and trees. His breathing, slowed to that near of a corpse. Only by the actions of his eyes could one decipher from the two. He scans the tall grasses for any movement, any twitch of an ear, any glimpse of a snout or any sparkle of sunlight reflected in an eye. Nordoux finds a recipient for the gift of fletched reed. With an under speed of sloth-like motion, he draws his yewed sender of flight to his cheek. Releasing upon exhale, the arrow finds its mark. Before the boar's body can come to rest, from the single shot through the optic, Nordoux draws a second, with a third in the ready. Anticipating the wound of the next target, he finds... nothing.

With his emotions dampened, from lack of a multiple harvest, Nordoux quivers his arrows and sholders his bow. He draws his knife and moves toward the fallen game, to prepare a pack from the hide, for transport of the small rewards granted from just a single kill.

Before a third step was left behind, he hears the echo of a deep gurgling growl. He freezes in mid stride and realizes he was mistaken...

It was no echo...

addict
addict
Nordoux finds himself surrounded. His first thought of what would seem to be echoes were in fact three bloodthirsty Earthwolves. These vile beings, of unknown origin, were once thought to exist only in tales of mythical lore. Residing in the depths of the underworld, the creatures are only known to surface at night. Yet the pain of hunger grants a sacrificial will to rise into the light to feed on the weak and the dead. There almost albino like appearance with eyes of blazing pink flames suggest a high sensitivity to sunlight. Though weakened from exposure and remaining in the shade, granted from the edges of the great wood, they will still prove to be a very formidable foe. The pearl white hide, not unlike the scales of the mighty dragon, will test the limits of Nordoux's wit and speed. This contest will not only grant the victor the spoils of the fallen boar, but the life of Nordoux himself.

addict
addict
oink oink

addict
addict
The Earthwolves circle Nordoux in a to and fro stalking motion with the synchronicity of clockwork precision. It is a momentary stalemate, as the beasts await for the focus of Nordoux to train on one of the brethren. Nordoux continuously turns, as not to place attention on any one for any length of time. During this time of strategic contemplation, Nordoux spins his knife from an upward grasp, held for the skinning of a boar, to a downward grasp, held for the death of a beasts.

As he grips his bow with his left hand, he opens his thumb and first two fingers of his right to gather three arrows from his quiver. His palm remains cupped with the other fingers firmly around the butt of the knife. After knocking one arrow, he places the other two in the grip of the hand that binds the belly of the bow. With the arrow knocked and held in place with his finger at the bow's rest, he stands his ready. To maintain a step ahead, he knows the firs must be of his own.

He singles out the larger of the man sized predators and raises his bow of yew into a forward bowarm posistion, though not drawn. This simulated action sparks the pack leader to bolt into cover to avoid the projectile that does not come. The two lesser fiends lunge into the flanks of Nordoux and howel in tourment as the sun's rays pain stricken their pale tinted flesh of scales. Nordoux drpos to one knee, and with an upward swinging motion to his back drives the hunting knife into the soft underbelly of the beast that encroaches his right flank. The momentum of the Earthwolf's attack fells the body of the creature atop Nordoux, shielding him from the oncoming blow of the third, now second foe. The Earthwolf pants from a resting posistion, inside the cover of the great wood, to regain some of the strength lost from the exposure.

The alpha male, now enraged from the cunning trickery of the potential prey, belts out a battle cry of warning and prepares the next attack. Nordoux, now with bow at full draw and both remaining enemies at his foreground, steps backwards into the edge of the great wood. Seizing the opportunity, with one dead and the other weakened, the alpha male charges into the clearing to claim the spoils of the fallen boar. Nordoux narrows his sights on the monstrous hound from hell, as the still weakened lesser fades into the wood. The alpha male pauses over the prize to send another cry. This cry is one of pride, one of victory.

Nordoux: YOU WILL NOT REAP THE SEWN OF OTHERS!!! YOU THIEVING DEMON DOG!!!

Nordoux sends three arrows in rapid sucession to the escaping Earthwolf. To no avail, the reeds bounce from the armored hide like rain on cobbles. Having no tolerance for thievery, still scared from the loss of his blade, Nordoux acts from a state of revenge and races after the alpha male.

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
The half orc at the last minute saw the creature whip out it's nasty sticky tounge aimed directly at him. At the last second the half orc dodged the the creatures deadly tounge. The half orc could hear the snapping sound of a whip as the beast's tounge retracted. "You fast meat,but my meat" said the creature in strange tones with all of its eyes focused on the half orc.

"You have met a destroyer creature", said the the half orc as he slowly rounded a large tree for
cover while he held his sword in front of him ,at an angle in defence." what be destroyer , you just meat" replied Gretch the toad creature as he whipped his tounge back and forth ready to
strike , measuring up his target while the half orc watched the creature as well looking for
a weakness.

Last edited by StoneMonster; 02/05/11 07:19 PM.
S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Will continue just giving anyone and everyone a chance to join in !!!

addict
addict
Mooooooooooooo

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard