Next Thread
Print Thread
E
eiei Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
I own an Asian 360 and I can only play Ego Draconis (haven't tried it out). I also don't have XBL so I can't have FoV since it wasn't released on a disc. I'm pretty sure there are many guys from where I'm at that wanna play the game (since it has been said to be very impressive by many). I'm still hoping we'd get a chance to play the remastered version. But is there really a chance?

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Bad news I'm afraid.

FoV (as an separate expansion) is not available on XBox at all - it's too large for the Live marketplace, and there is no disk release. Only PC gamers can get FoV (as a download, although there was a disk release in some places).

XBox users can only get DKS (ED + FoV remastered), which isn't compatible with ED save games because they changed too much when they were remastering it. So if you get ED and play it, then later on buy DKS, you won't be able to continue with the same character. You'll have to either start again and replay the remastered ED section of DKS, or start from the FoV section of DKS with a freshly generated level 35 character.

But on top of that there seems to be no Asia specific release of DKS - see Larian's response to this previous thread:

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=444826

Hopefully another PAL version of DKS will work on your console like Larian suggested.

Welcome to the forums!

E
eiei Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
So they'll be releasing a PAL version? When? I'm hoping it isn't region-locked.. I really wanna get to play this game. I'm sure thousands of others share the same sentiment.

Anyway, thanks a lot Trippy.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Yes, there is a PAL version released in Europe (and Australia and I'm sure others). For example, you can order it from Game.co.uk. In fact it's the NTSC version (North America) that was heavily delayed, PAL has been around for a long time.

I'm a PC gamer, so I can't comment about region locking, but if Larian_QA said to buy the Eurpoean version on the other thread (for a player in Singapore), then I'd assume it isn't region-locked. It might be worth emailing support@larian.com to check, just-in-case some versions are locked and other's aren't.

It's a great game, you'll enjoy it when you get it. It's seemed a shame that Larian has had so much trouble getting distributors in so many countries, but hopefully they'll get more recognition with future releases

E
eiei Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
So the PAL version has been released now, right? I didn't see a PAL version when I checked Play-Asia, may be I'll go check my local store. Can anyone confirm if it indeed does work on an Asian 360? Thanks!

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Yes, PAL exists, but not in Asia - you'll have to order it from an overseas website (e.g. in the U.K.). And as I said, it should work (that's what Larian support have implied) but someone else will have to confirm.

E
eiei Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Play-Asia usually carries all versions, hence I checked there. I'll probably try searching around for that PAL version, it wouldn't be easy I'm guessing. I also hope someone can confirm if it does indeed work so my searching wouldn't go to waste.=)

Again, much thanks Trippy!

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard