Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Hi everybody played the original D2 and loved it, iv'e just bought D2 DKS and it's a bit of a nightmare to say the least.

My 360 has frozen more times than i can remember now and each time it's random and needs a complete system re-boot. And load times? what's going on there? it's becoming a serious chore just to pop into a building as on exit the game can take anything up to two minutes to load.

Is there another patch in the works for the console version?....i hope so!

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
I'm a PC user, but have you tried installing the entire game onto your HDD to speed up load times? It may also help with freezing, assuming the freezing is caused by disk-read errors.

Load times are always fairly long with Gamebryo games (e.g. Oblivion, Fallout 3). Even fully installed on my 6-disk RAID-0 partition it takes 5-10 seconds or so on each transition (may not sound like much, but my PC is FAST, and it's a long time compared to other games I have).

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Hey Trippy, yeah it's all installed on the HD and it can still take forever to load, it's a real shame as it really can be exasperating as a lot of the quests require you to pop in and out of buildings!....All of this pales in comparison to the freezing though, i lost over three hours of gameplay and exploration to another freeze last night, it's getting to the point where i just can't be bothered (i'm not saving my game literally every ten mins) frown

addict
addict
I play on a 360 as well. The load times are long anyway. The game doesn't improve with an installation. I also experienced freezes. You just get in the habit of saving frequently. Keeping your cache clear helps a lot. Once I reached the halfway point in the game, and clearing the cache after 4-6 hrs of gameplay, the freezes all but stopped.

Last edited by SENIOR CINCO; 06/06/11 10:10 AM.

UNKNOWN: Friends help you move...True friends, help you move bodies...
E.A.P.: Blood was it's Avatar and it's seal.
E.A.P.: Stupidity is a talent for misconceptions.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard