Print Thread
R
Rudi Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Hi,
This problem was also addressed in the section for Ego Draconis, but because I'm having the Dragon Knight Saga version of this game I'm also posting here.

The problem is that the game momentarily freezes when clicking on a skill in the skill select window. It lasts for around 5~7 seconds. It looks like it has something to do with loading/caching of the preview video. Is there a solution for this problem?

Purchased the game yesterday through Steam.

system specs:
Windows 7 64bit
4gig RAM
E8400 @ 3GHz
HD6670 1GB

R
stranger
stranger
R
Go into the game folder and just either delete or rename the folder that contains the skill videos, that'll fix it smile

R
Rudi Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Thanks, that's one way to circumvent the problem, but not solve it. I played until I met Talana, and in the middle of Talana's dream, where the cutscene takes over, the game froze again for around 7~10 seconds before starting playback of the cutscene.

Anyone with a more constructive solution than the workaround mentioned by the poster above, I don't want to delete all videos afcourse wink

Support
Support

It may be a codec problem with certain videos. Try emailing support@larian.com, with a description of the problem, and see if they have any suggestions.

The K-Lite Codec Pack comes with a 'codec tweak tool' which can repair codecs and disable filters, which a couple people have mentioned using to fix problems. This tool is also available separately (I've never tried it).

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard