Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#447105 13/07/11 02:30 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
i'm trying to do the mission "come to no harm" and i know i have to find zandalor in aleroth or something but i can't figure it where it is? any help?

Support
Support

Once you find at least one of each of the 3 types of zeppelin parts (there are 9 total, mostly in or near wyvern nests in the fjords), you can get a zeppelin to Aleroth from the top of the harbour building. There is no rush to do that quest, though there are a couple decent traders there.

Welcome to the forum. wave

Raze #447107 13/07/11 03:30 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
oh, ok, thanks...so these wyvern nests are in the fjords then? i should just fly around and look for them? (they're not in those flying fortress areas, right? because those areas i've found really confusing). thanks for your help.

Support
Support

The zeppelin parts are all in the main fjords area, so you can fly around and check out wyvern nests as you explore various ledges, etc (there is also one on the small island near the grand knight teleporter shrine).

On this fjords map the rough locations are marked with an S. Alternately, from the D2:ED walkthrough (the locations are the same in DKS),
-Crystal 1: on the tiny island just south of the entrance to the fjords; climb
up the ladder and retrieve it from on top of Yggdrasil

-Crystal 2: on a low cliff east of Camp Sentinel View, across the water from
Camp David

-Crystal 3: on a cliff in the middle of the bend just before the entrance to
Rivertown Gorge [EDIT on the same ledge as a boarded-up cave door]

-Rudder 1: a short ways east of the Camp Freedom teleporter

-Rudder 2: halfway between the Imps' Lair and Camp David

-Rudder 3: on a low southwest cliff near the exit to Rivertown Gorge

-Compass 1: on the cliff directly opposite Rudder 1

-Compass 2: high up above Moor's shack, just northeast of the entrance to
Keara's Flying Fortress

-Compass 3: on a cliff just before the bend on the way to Rivertown Gorge

For the flying fortresses, once you spend a little time running/flying around you should get the hang of them. You could take out the anti-dragon defenses in one area first, then go through in human form (or vise versa), to try to help keep track of where you have explored already. Some of the fortresses are easier to navigate than others.

Raze #447125 13/07/11 11:09 AM
veteran
veteran
What I now do exploring the Flying Fortresses is this:
I first turn into a dragon and fly around to explore the area and look where I wish to begin in humanform. Then I destroy all dragon defences (balista's, nests, etc) of the flying platform EXCEPT 1 Balista !
Then I turn back in human and explore that platform ...

If I go back to the Orobas Fjords and , let's say a few days/weeks or more, back to that FF I can see immediately which flying platform I did the last time I was there.
wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Joram #447143 13/07/11 07:59 PM
addict
addict
That's a good trick. cool

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
thanks a lot...i finally figured it out. i went into the flying fortresses and just fought a bunch of enemies in both human and dragon form and collected loot. didn't seem to be much else to do but i probably missed something. (lol). finally got aleroth as a healthy level 31 so i'm somewhat confident.
also, when i'm looking at the walkthrough for ego draconis i'm thinking it's a little different than the game i'm playing...(dragon knight saga). anybody know what's different specifically?

should i also play ego draconis? (playing on xbox if it makes it a difference).

S
S
Originally Posted by monkeycatt
thanks a lot...i finally figured it out. i went into the flying fortresses and just fought a bunch of enemies in both human and dragon form and collected loot. didn't seem to be much else to do but i probably missed something. (lol). finally got aleroth as a healthy level 31 so i'm somewhat confident.
also, when i'm looking at the walkthrough for ego draconis i'm thinking it's a little different than the game i'm playing...(dragon knight saga). anybody know what's different specifically?

should i also play ego draconis? (playing on xbox if it makes it a difference).

if you have DKS, you don't need to play the original version of Ego Draconis... the main differences between ED and DKS are reduced number of Anti-Dragon Shields in the Orobas Fjords and enemy balancing. (among other tweaks)

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by monkeycatt

You probably want to use the DKS walkthrough then;
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/998546-divinity-ii-the-dragon-knight-saga/faqs/62264

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
The fortresses' outsides are totally different. You do not have to bother about dragon shields at all (maybe only one in one of the fortresses).

The insides of the fortresses should be the same as in the original ED.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard