Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Originally Posted by Polantaris
It's funny because DRM didn't stop the piracy of the game
At this point it's doing nothing but preventing people from buying the game. There's a bunch of people on the Steam forums who won't buy the game (even on sale) because of the DRM.

Yes i agree. pirating will always be existing because people don't want to pay for games and this is sad truth. DRM at best will prevent them from pirating for short time and it's actually harming legal sales in long run.

And piracy is also on consoles but i don't see anybody doing anything about it. it was XBox version of Skyrim that was leaked before 11.11.11. and it's there.

veteran
veteran
http://feeds.gawker.com/~r/kotaku/full/~3/iMQoI1MGM14/finally-someone-talks-common-sense-about-pc-piracy

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I was wondering if there's any update on this?

Recently, I wanted to play Divinity 2 again (I actually think it's a great game, and while I liked the D:OS, I'm still hoping for a Divinity 3), but, I got a popup saying "An error occurred while verifying your product license. The hardware of your system could not be identified. A possible reason for this is that parts of your hardware were changed. Please activate your software again. "

Which is true, since I did change my hardware some time ago. But the problem is; I bought the game so long ago, I really have no idea where I've put the serial-number. so basically, I can't play it, due to the DRM.

So... is there a way to patch this, so that I can play it again?

Support
Support

There was a DRM free executable released for DKS years ago, before the Developer's Cut release (which didn't have any DRM to start with).
Contractual issues prevented the removal of the copy protection from the original release of D2:ED.

For The Dragon Knight Saga:

- Make sure you have the latest version of DKS (1.4.9.70). Check the version in the main menu, or if you can't start the game, in the 'bin' subfolder of the main install folder, right click on Divinity2.exe and select Properties, switch to the Details tab and check the File/Product Version.
If you need the patch it can be downloaded here.

- Download the zipped DRM free executable, and extract it into the bin folder, overwriting the original (or rename it first, if you wish, but there is not much reason to keep the DRM version).

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard