Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#447303 18/07/11 09:48 PM
Synchro Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I've just purchased the game after the demo, I like it very much. To the problem,

It is currently 1.3.15.122 from Impulse. (Ego Draconis) The first one is all I own.
It says the size is 8.08G I am assuming that is the uncompressed size. (Not the issue)
I've tried the update from Impulse with no results. Am I behind?
Autoupdate.exe that comes with the game from* Impulse gives the following error. (Even though it says update found!)

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if on is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel.

Please help me, again it says it has an update! I know I am missing something because when I played the DEMO w/ the new DLC/Add-on game it had way MORE graphic options and >>ran very clean<<. I.E Vsync, frame cap, etc. was in the options. In mine it DOES NOT.

I'm read many forums and I've felt I've done enough to post a new topic in my case.
I hope these updates aren't only through the new content purchase, that'd hurt.
I do have the hanging on exit, which was suppose to be fixed in a patch if I am not mistaken.
Slow GUI, Feels like my frames are going from 30-100-30-100-30-100 back and forth.
Tried disabling a ton of stuff, even tried a IObit game booster I don't trust! I love this game help!

PC Specs for Devs and/or Public.

i7 960 (Quad) 3.2GHz (Stock atm)
Asus Sabertooth X58 Mobo
6Gig Corsair XMP Enabled
x1 PCI-E GTX570 1280mb Ram.
875 Watt PSU
On-board Audio 8 Channel
Win 7 (64 Bit)

Added Nvidia Drivers 270.61
Game Options: All Options Used (Highest) Running @ 1360x768.

Last edited by Synchro; 18/07/11 09:53 PM.
Support
Support

I'm not sure what the latest game version is. It has been awhile since any patches were released, though, so I'd think the main download should already be updated.

Did you contact Impulse about the error attempting to download the reported update?

There were improvements to the graphics and game engines in the remastered DKS release, and additional graphics options added compared to the original release of D2:ED. Also, DKS includes the add-on, Flames of Vengeance.

Check with Impulse and see if you can get a refund on D2:ED to apply to DKS.
Failing that, Steam offered DKS at a discount to people who purchased the original D2:ED through them, so you could check if Impulse does the same. With the add-on installed, there is a D2:ED+FoV to DKS conversion patch, though it would be easier and probably cheaper if you can exchange your D2:ED license for DKS.

Welcome to the forum. wave

Synchro Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Wow, yes I just reviewed everything, the DKS is 1.470 compared to my 1.3.15.122. I wonder why they don't put a warning or something. Sheesh. I'll do my best to obtain the DKS because now I'm just wasting time playing this I guess "old" one when I can play 2 in 1 "new" ones. What a mess. I'll respond with what they tell me for any possible future Impulse purchases as myself come poking about looking for answers after the demo.

Support
Support

There are not a lot of big changes in DKS compared to D2:ED (though in your case the engine improvements make a significant difference in performance), but there are many little things that add up.

It is possible someone may want the original release of D2:ED, but I'm not sure why, especially since DKS is $10 cheaper than getting D2:ED and FoV separately (and DKS occasionally goes on sale on Steam, etc; see here). Impulse has links on the D2:ED and FoV product pages to purchase the opposite, but nothing saying they can be bought together as DKS, with updates to the D2:ED part of the game.

Synchro Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Epic fail for me jawdrop rpg001 devil I get the wretched copy. Status pending so far...

Synchro Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
In all honesty, if I can play the game from start to finish. I will be happy with the game. Other than that, everything is well.

Support
Support

Well, between common sense and customer service, I don't see why they wouldn't let you spend more (the price difference) to upgrade to DKS, as long as they don't have bureaucrats answering tech support requests, who enforce return policies without thinking.

Synchro Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
That's all I got, was a link to the terms of agreement. No letter, explanation, nothing. Well, the game is very fun and after I beat it I will still buy the DKS regardless. It is a very good game. Thanks for all your help.

Synchro Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Got an E-mail 3 hours ago from Impulse, they made a refund for me! DKS here I come!

Support
Support

party

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard