Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I've just taken over the battle tower at level 19. I have not mind read anyone in the battle tower besides sassan. I wanted to see how many skill and status points I had altogether, so I untrained all my skill points. I was left with 24 skill points 48 status points. Forgot to give the captain jagons necklace so that's exp wasted and forgot to wake up those 3 sleepers. Now I have seen too many times lockpick being mentioned as essential but I am failing to see why. Are all these statements before DKS was released as that is what I am currently playing. I don't think there has been anything worthwhile from a chest that requires 3+ lockpick skill besides a few gold coins and a potion of mana or health.

I'd like someone to help structure a build for me where I will not struggle too much and which ultimately will lead to frustration and eventually quitting. I just don't have the time or patience to reload the same scene over a 100 times because 'I love challenge', that unfortunately is not me, yes I like challenges outside of gaming but ingaming I prefer to just get on with it and play. I've been reading about the game onwards from Battle Tower and just the sight of hearing enemies doing 500+ damage per hit is not something I'm looking forward to and I really don't know how I'm supossed to survive. The only reason I beat Amdusias was down to my creature he killed him off in two hits with magic blast. I could barely dent him and I was level 15 if I remember correctly. I am currently a dual wielder using echleon sword and some other sword. I got from start to battle tower with 20 strength and 11 intelligence. and around 13+/- vitality and mana (had about 350hp & 220 mana) on normal difficulty. So if anyone could help me with a build and suggest all skills and status points distribution I would be ever so greatful. If you suggest a warrior I prefer to dual wield swords.

Playing on the xbox 360. I think I started of as a warrior as my strength in the beginning was higher than the other stats.

...Don't tell me I've missed out on doing the ship on the tree quest, I took down those nests right after the cutscene with the dragon stone, was I supposed to do it then? Why oh why do I have a feeling I missed out on skill points just there?

Last edited by PraxxtorCruel; 11/08/11 04:25 PM.
Support
Support

If you hang on to Jagon's necklace, there is an exploit where you can get an extra level of Lockpick when you get to FoV (Skill boost mindreads in FoV give extra points!).

The experience for those quests is insignificant compared to what you are currently getting for opponents and quests. The malachite gem the sleepers would have given you is nice at the start of the game, but there are more to buy or find later.

The content of chests was much better in the original release of D2:ED, though merchant inventories were a little worse. You should start seeing better loot from chests as you level, but I maxed Lockpick right around getting the battle tower, so am not sure what level is required for various chests (and didn't pay attention to whether a key or lockpick was required, or not, unless a chest failed to open).

I have not played a warrior yet in DKS, but gave some suggestion below.

Anyone help a newb with Warrior build ... ???

I'd probably stop boosting Spirit and Intelligence, and get Vitality a little higher. Now that you can send your runners out for enchantment ingredients (Runners and Tower?), you may be able to upgrade a few Life Line enchantments, etc.

Your class choice in Farglow only determines your starting stat points, skill bonus and weapon. It doesn't place any restriction on how you develop your character.

You can teleport to the teleporter shrine outside on Sentinel Island, and finish off any remaining opponents, get the loot from the boat in the tree (you may want to use it yourself rather than complete that quest) and find a few other treasure chests, etc, in wyvern nests (one in particular is more than random loot). From the teleporter you can jump up the nearby rocks and run over somewhere there are no overhanging tree branches in order to have enough room to transform.

veteran
veteran
Let's see... you are level 19 with 24 skill points... I think you only missed three free skill points from before the Battle Tower (but some are really hard to find), so you're not in bad shape point-wise. Enemies should not be doing 500 points of damage at any point, although the damage from multiple hits of Magic Blast can stack up quickly.

I would get your Strength up to about 50 or 60. That will help boost your melee damage AND your health regeneration. No more into Intelligence or Spirit. The complete warrior set from the expansion will boost your strength by 20-30 points, which is why I want you to keep your Strength that low for now - so you don't waste points by hitting the cap.

Put skill points into Dual Wield, Battle Rage, Life Leech, Bleed. 1 into Whirlwind and Rush Attack.

P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Alright guys, thanks for the tips and building blocks of how to make a good character.

apprentice
apprentice
I love my warrior. Most of my points are in Whirlwind and Rush Attack, Bleed, Thousand Strikes and Dual Wield. I have a couple of points in Jump Attack, Reflect and Life Leech. I'm wearing the Scorpion Armor set and attacks don't even scratch me now. LOL

I do have lockpick at 5, because I can't pass a locked door or chest! wink

Stat points are mainly in Vitality and Strength, as well as Dex. I put a few in Spirit to make sure I have enough mana.

Now, I started a new game and I'm building a Ranger with maybe some fireballs on the side. hehe

veteran
veteran
I invest a few points in Thousand Strikes and I must say: woow, nice great skill and fun to see it in action laugh !!

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
old hand
old hand
I've never done a pure warrior build, I'm always a Warrior Mage, Rush attack whirlwind & Magic Missile woohoo. I love mixing the warrior skills with magic, My Dragon Knight kick's a** Between my healing magic regenerate & leech life my gal is unstopable lol. Watch out Slayers & Black Ring I'm coming to get you lol.

veteran
veteran
For me the same .. never build a pure warrior !
I like magical spells and using a bow. But the more I play DKS, the more I love the Priest skills, so next hero will be a Magical Battle Priest with 1 or 2 Warrior skills and 1 or 2 Ranger skills (in case of emergency :hihi: )

Summon Ghost, Charm and Magic Missile all the way ... biggrin

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard