Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Hi all, I have read before an article in a famous (the best visited!?...) italian videogames site...
Here is the preview : click here

It' s a very positive preview and the users comments are very friendly too...

old hand
old hand
That's a good sign I hope more people will help to spread the word on Dragon Commander, I know I will grin

Is there a translated version anywhere? I'm afraid my Italian is non-existent.

old hand
old hand
doesn't your internet explorer give you the option to tranclate it

Originally Posted by Divine Avenger
doesn't your internet explorer give you the option to tranclate it

Doesn't look like it, no. Of course, my PC is incredibly outdated, so I may just not have that option. Or maybe I just don't know where to look.

old hand
old hand
I think I got the option to translate languages by downloading google Chrome but i'm not 100% if it was that or an update. All I remember is that internet explorer even started tranclating after I downloaded Chrome. What have you got installed on your PC, I've got Windows 7.....though I can't stand this program & wish I still had XP

I still got XP on my computer from the year 2005.

EDIT: I also don't use Google Chrome. Maybe that's it.

Last edited by WotanAnubis; 09/09/11 07:33 AM.
addict
addict
You can always got to translate.google.com, paste the link there and view the translated results. Mostly the translation result is that the words are in English, but the sentences sometimes are very odd, like Yoda did the translation.

See me @ The Locus Inn & RPGWatch
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Nothing new in the article, don' t worry...;)

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Hmmm.... either my google translator made mistake or we can confirm that there will be dwarf princess in game.

And there in this preview was written that we can chose how our dragon will look at start of game. Can this information be confirmed?

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Yep..."innanzitutto fin dall'inizio potrete scegliere tra una vasta gamma di lucertoloni, ognuno coi suoi pregi e difetti per quanto concerne velocità, resistenza, potenza di fuoco."

We can choose one from different dragons in the beginning with different speed, resistences and fire-power...

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I think it would be great if Myrthos put this preview in his site Rpgwatch...
I never had seen any italian article linked in his site...:(

addict
addict
It might be that you never have seen that, but I would suggest to type 'italian' in the search box at RPGwatch and check if we really never linked to an Italian site.

As to the Dwarven Princess, as far as I understood it there will be a variety of princesses from different races and thus different bonuses.

old hand
old hand
Yes they conermed that at on one of the videos of the games com

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Wow...oh yes...so many italian preview/reviews!...-_- (I noticed only "la maschera riposta"...)
However, yes, it says about many princesses with you can do alliances...

old hand
old hand
Yeah I can't wait for this game I'm so excited PLEASE LARIAN CAN I BE A TESTER FOR THIS GAME grin

addict
addict
Originally Posted by juanpablo87
Wow...oh yes...so many italian preview/reviews!...-_- (I noticed only "la maschera riposta"...)
There are more, but it would require searching and I can't be bothered doing that. Besides that I am happy with leaving you feeling that RPGWatch doesn't post stuff on italian reviews and previews.

apprentice
apprentice
When we wrote the review while the great Divinity II: Dragon Knight Saga we could not ignore as a part of its gameplay, the one where you played the dragon, was sketchy and, as fun, deserving of more worthy of interest from developers. Rise, mighty dragon laughed! Neither would have it, just the same with Dragon Commander software houses seem to respond to our questions, proposing an ambitious and innovative a product which should go to put a piece of that part of the world Rivellon, the sky indeed, remained unexplored in the saga.
Fire is burning deep inside heat

Speaking of gameplay at once, will not be a RPG Dragon Commander, or at least, not be a simple role-playing game, but rather a mix of strategy, RPG and board game nicely blended into a single product that still retain the original world of the marked vein and humorous hybrid between pure fantasy steampunk grotesque. Rise, mighty dragon laughed! All summed up in the main character, a dragon armor and equipped with a jet pack to fly faster than the other, for sale to the highest bidder, even to the highest bidder among the princesses of the various factions, among which a skeletal undead queen style Bride corpse that want to subjugate the world to regenerate his body and a dwarf princess who wants to win instead of the same lands from the undead hanker for the glory of his people. As the players have a base of operations where the mother ship, the Hyperion style of Starcraft II, will enhance the units interact with the crew members and interface with the princess for which they work, which can be used to provide special units and upgrades to solve the mission entrusted. Every princess also give you access to bonuses and special units, especially the dwarves will have a more effective technology for the dragon, while the undead, as expected, will give access to a near infinite amount of troops. Rise, mighty dragon laughed! After the stage aboard the mother ship will then be the time of the tactical command of units: the battle fields are large areas of several kilometers, in which you will see the various units, selected by their leader, to decide how to move and deal with the armed enemy. What else is new? Well the fact that the control will be in third person, while below, why the armies collide, directly control the dragon, which you can fly over the entire battlefield, shoot fireballs flying enemy ships, using enchanted items to break down the structures or en route to send the roar of the smaller units on the ground, when you do not want to seize directly between the claws, of course. Rise, mighty dragon laughed! If the idea of ​​managing the tactical command in the third person scare you, you can always go to the top view in order to better manage the troops, even if the hope is that they have an artificial intelligence adequate to allow you to roam freely the battlefield to do the good and the bad weather, which in theory should be the main goal of the game. It will never be the case, however, to underestimate the contribution of ground units, for example such annoying to attack anti-aircraft turrets that can not hurt you too then you can do to avoid them.
To kill the dragon you need the sword ...

As for the RPG part, it is clear that the management will be the mistress of the protagonist of the Dragon: First, from the beginning you can choose from a wide range of lizards, each with its strengths and weaknesses with regard to speed, endurance, firepower. As we go forward with the missions you can choose to receive upgrades such as the various princesses as a reward for your service and of course raise your stats with the points earned happily burning buildings, enemies and all that. Do not think, however, to be the last of the species around the game world there will be other dragons, complete with their respective armies and special powers, which may give you a hard time forming an alliance with your enemy, or maybe even with you to divide up the win. Dragon Commander - Commander Dragon Teaser Ad - Teaser ad goes without saying that the presence of more dragons also opens up interesting avenues for the multiplayer, now scheduled for fights with up to 4 players in command of its armed forces and, perhaps, with different powers available. No news so far about the possibility of bringing the character from single to multiplayer. Definitely more action-oriented strategy and an interesting aftertaste that ruolistico, Dragon Commander, as the early days of development, already seems to have several strings to its bow, not being safe in the hands of developers Larian skills such as Studios.

translation from google translator im sure its not 100% but it should give rough idea and your welcome

Being scared of something is being uneducated

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard