Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#450805 27/09/11 11:40 AM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Hi all,

As you may have noticed yesterday and today, we've been updating the forum to a newer version.

There was a security hole in the old version that needed immediate patching. Rest assured that none of your data was compromised. (Neither was ours.)

This new version of the forum also allows us to force new users to fill in a captcha, so hopefully that means the end for spammers. If it doesn't, we'll also have new users activate their account with a link sent to them via email.

If you see or notice anything weird because of the upgrade, let me know smile

Tweeting @forktong
veteran
veteran
Hi,

great news!!

Hopefully those bastards of "spammers" are gone with the wind now ! :hihi:

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Still gotta get Class/Alignment fixed again though.

Tweeting @forktong
veteran
veteran
The captcha looks easy for spam bots. If you can, you should use Recaptcha. Its works on my forum perfect.

Xanlosch's Home - Fortombla hortomosch !
Kein Support via Foren-PM - postet mehr im Forum.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Easy? When testing it out, I could barely read the first three it threw at me wink

If lots of spam still comes through, I'll have a look at other solutions.

Tweeting @forktong
enthusiast
enthusiast
Seems to have done the trick although I have seen one or two posts. Some might be real people and not spambots so these are almost impossible to stop. I used to get tons of spam on my forums and the only way I could stop it was to ban gmail. Google seemingly do nothing to stop spammers from abusing their systems despite hundereds of complaints from people all over the web. Very drastic measures but I don't get much traffic on my site so I'm bycotting google mail. Spammers are a pain; changing my email address to stop hundreds landing in my inbox every day is getting really annoying.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard