Print Thread
#451829 12/11/11 04:15 AM
A
Aaroc Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I had to register for the forums just for this. At level 26 or so, I wandered in to Broken Valley and killed some stuff and ended up clearing out the entire place, except for Geshniz and her lackeys. That was cool. She was a lvl 29 boss and I was level 26. I'll come back later.

Fast Forward 8 levels, I'm totally overpowered, killing the Black Ring in droves, often one-shot killing dozens of them at once with a single Fireball while clearing out the flying fortresses (around this point, I also decide to up the difficulty to Hard), and I think I've cleared everything but Keara's Flying Fortress and, of course, Geshniz and her lackeys.

I decide to get that taken care of, so I head back to her hideout and proceed to get oneshot by her little mage friend. My armor provides me with over 50% magic resistance, and he hit me for 1200 damage! WTF?! OK, so I decide to try a new tactic, jumping out of the way before his fireball can hit me, or maybe slipping in with that rush attack, and that works ok, before I get obliterated by something else 3 seconds later. Am I the only one who had this sort of problem? I had to tune it down to easy just so I didn't get oneshot by her mage because even on normal he hit me for over 800 damage. And on easy it was still one of the most difficult fights I've come across in the game. I have, up until this point, completely obliterated anything that stands in my way and I'm just.. flabbergasted by how this particular fight seems to be so much more difficult than anything else in the game, so far.

Also, it's super annoying that I have to draw my weapon every time some douchebag decides they want to talk to me before I kill them (or their mage pet obliterates me, whichever the case may be).

On a completely unrelated note.. why is it that the hunter set has Ranger stats with Mage abilities and the Archmage set has Mage stats with Ranger abilities?

S
S
That is a random boss bug- they seem to randomly get a spell that can instant kill you. one can try to load a previous save and see if that minion is more managable.

as for other question- no idea.

veteran
veteran
Geshniz is indeed powerful, she use Magic Blast (I believe) and that's a powerful and especially FAST spell ! So it's important to find a nice strategy plan .

I kill here this way:
Summon my Creature (being a Fighter with Rush Attack & Fatality), summon my Ghost to help heal me and hurl Fireballs .. After that I go to Geshniz and after she starts to attack I fast jump back and behind a corridor/wall, use Healing if needed and use Hide in Shadows (1 or 2 points in the skill only). then I fast run to one of her lackeys and use Charm so he starts to help ME. biggrin

After that I run away back and if neede summon my Ghost again and start over the same strategy.
In my case (playing on nightmare diff;) 1 time Charming an enemy makes short work of it.
Geshniz I stripped in parts with Thousand Strikes (just 1 or 2 points in it) ... and my Creature did the final blow via Fatality wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard