Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Guthan Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey guys,

I recently started playing DD again on Windows 7 (Aero disabled, game runs smooth and without problems)

EXCEPT FOR THIS ONE ANNOYING ERROR.

Sometimes, when picking up loot and stuff, there's a small chance I crash to my desktop (game appears to be still running, according to the music and the processen) and a message pops up (doesn't have an error sign or anything, just a message) saying 'I was told to take an object, but I can't find it!!!'
After I press the only option here (ok), the game closes down.

Anyone else had this before? Personally I never had this kind of error before, and I tried googling it, but no one else seems to have posted this error. Idea's?

Thanks in advance

Larian studios lover - Guthan

EDIT: running latest patch

Last edited by Guthan; 19/11/11 01:14 PM.

The Question isn't how
The Question is when
and the answer is now
Support
Support

I don't recall that error ever being mentioned before.

Have you noticed a difference between clicking vs drag and dropping, or dropping on the menu bar (to put in your inventory) vs into an open container?

Are you playing the disk version or download?
There is a file verification procedure for the disk version in the Troubleshooting Tips topic.

Did you try emailing support@larian.com? Include a description of the problem and maybe a link to this topic.

Guthan Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi,

I was playing the cd-rom with latest patch back then, but I accidentally broke it and had to download a no-cd executable file from the internet. Since then, I haven't had this problem again. Perhaps it's fixed? And I just clicked the item to automatically pick it up. I too find it very weird since nobody else other than me has had this before.

The Question isn't how
The Question is when
and the answer is now

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard