Next Thread
Print Thread
U
uk_john Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
U
I bought Divine Divinity at full price when it came out,I bought Beyond Divinity at full price when it came out, I bought Divinity II at full price when it came out. This is because I believe in supporting the smaller publishers. And yet, when Flames of Vengeance came out I was disappointed that it was price at almost the same price as Divinity II. Then, very quickly, we got the Dragon Saga.

I decided I was going to finish Divinity II before re-looking for the add-on, and what do I find, the add-on cannot be found anywhere, but the Dragon Sage can! Also, even Larian sell the Dragon Sage for £19.99 and yet the add-on just £5 cheaper at £14.99!

For someone that paid full price for Divinity II, I resent being pressurized to buy it again, in combination with the add-on, rather than just be able to buy the add-on for a reasonable price!

If you are going to sell Divinity II AND the Add-on for £19.99, I find it disgusting that the add-on alone is £14.99. It's like Larian is saying "if you haven't bought Divinity II at all, we'll give you a bargain, but if you;re a loyal customer and bought Divinity II when it came out, we're going to rip you off!" - way to treat loyal customers!

Support
Support

If I check the Larian Vault DKS is €40, while FoV is €20. You can always email support@larian.com and request they reevaluate FoV's price point (it wouldn't hurt to try, anyway).

Many digital distributors elected to only carry DKS (Steam, at least, had a discount for people who bought D2:ED through them when DKS was first released).

DKS occasionally goes on sale at Steam, Amazon download, etc, which should eliminate the feeling of re-buying D2:ED, if it is less than what you figure just the add-on should be.

Xbox players didn't get the option of just buying FoV, since it was too big for digital download and Larian couldn't get a publisher for a retail release (only the German version of FoV got a DVD release). FoV can only be played on Xbox as part of DKS (starting a new character to play through the remastered D2:ED or a level 35 character at the beginning of FoV).

Re-release collections are pretty much always cheaper than the original plus add-on(s); the same thing can happen with remastered or anniversary editions of movies, etc. I bought the platinum edition of NWN (with 2 add-ons) when it was the same price as the gold edition (with just the first add-on), and then they came out with another add-on, and then a diamond edition of the game with all 3 add-ons.

U
uk_john Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
U
Well, I can only quote what Larian wants to sell me in UK prices as that is what it shows me. In Euro's, Dragon Saga is more expensive and the add-on is the same price, when converting from Euro to British Pounds, although the add-on is obviously half the price of the DS in Euro's, but only 25% cheaper in British Pounds

Support
Support

IIRC when Larian first opened the Vault the currency was just in euros, so maybe when they added support for pounds they adjusted the price of DKS for the UK market, but not Europe or other locations.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard